Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cheaters

The Show

by oxycontin_genocide 1 review

The band play their first show.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-10 - 419 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was five minutes until the show started. I was waiting in the front row of the crowd. The curtains went up. I saw Gerard. He was totally wasted.
“I would like… to dedicate this first song, Skylines and Turnstiles to the victims killed and to their suffering families in the terrorist attack called 9/11.” Matt started off with a couple of beats and Ray joined in with amazing riffs. Gerard’s deadly voice boomed around the room. The crowd was engaged by the lyrics. Mikey had a big grin on his face. I could see people jumping. No one new the lyrics, not even I did. But just standing there, looking up at Gerard made me happy. He was doing something that he enjoyed. The second song came. It had the same effect on the crowd. Gerard looked down and saw me. A huge smile spread across his face. He looked up again and was back in his zone. I felt like I was a fan girl, standing in the crowd staring up at my heroes.

When the band had finished their show Gerard invited me and Mikey backstage. Gerard smelled of alcohol.
“You were great. Everyone loved you.” I pecked him on the cheek.
“Yeah, I loved it.” Mikey walked up beside us and gave Gerard a pat on the shoulder.
“We were really nervous so we drowned ourselves in beer.”
“I can smell it.”
After the full show had finished we said goodbye to Ray and Matt. We headed to the car and drove back to the Way house.
“Gerard?”
“Yes Mikey?”
“You know how I play bass?”
“Yes, I do.”
“I was wondering if I would be able to join you guys… I have an idea for a name.”
“I'd love you to, but it would have to be a group decision. I'm sure that they will say yes. What is you idea for a name?”
“My… chemical romance.”
“That’s seriously great!”
“Thanks…”

Tomorrow came and Mikey was able to join. They were now to be known as “My Chemical Romance”. They were going to start their recording in a week. The months passed. The CD was recorded. It sold quite a few copies. Gerard was very proud of how the CD turned out. The last song on the CD, “Demolition lovers” was dedicated to me. I thought this was so sweet. Many weeks passed and Gerard was on tour a lot of the time. Our relationship grew stronger. It was like we were invincible.
Sign up to rate and review this story