Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Doctor

Doctor

by klocke 1 review

Nine reflects briefly on his life

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-02-06 - Updated: 2006-02-07 - 248 words - Complete

2Original
Doctor
By Manda Wilcoxen


Doctor.

That's the name I relate myself with. The one commoners and everyone I meet knows me best by.

Doctor.

They never ask me "doctor of what?"--it is always "doctor who?"-as if a name really matters. Does a name matter so much to these...apes? Homo sapiens are a curious bunch really, yet all so amusing all the while.

Doctor.

These past countless generations I have had my fair share of companions, Sarah-Jane, Harry, even a fellow Time Lord, Romana. Romana...I do often wonder how things would have turned out differently if she had not died along with the other Time Lords-my people. Yet, with all my fellow ape companions, I did it so I could understand them better-and at first that is exactly how it was. Then it turned into more. I, like the TARDIS, enjoyed not only the company, but also the friendship. Short time as it was, they were all memorable times.

Doctor.

One of the last conversations I shared with Rose as my ninth shelling proved to give me a deeper thought into these simple-minded apes. She did not just call me "doctor" or harp on the "doctor who" issue. No, this one...this one made me realized I belong somewhere. I was her doctor. Her words still linger in my mind, no matter what form my regenerations take on. Rose Tyler wanted to save me-her Doctor.

Doctor.

Doctor. That is who I am. Just...the doctor.
Sign up to rate and review this story