Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To Save A Life

Good News All Around

by Moonshyne 1 review

Bob gets some of good news.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-15 - Updated: 2008-03-15 - 1265 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sam and Kenny’s interviews were rather short, and more about the surroundings did they notice any one else on the road. What was Bob’s condition, why didn’t they take him to a local hospital. All questions Kenny could answer without lying.

Bob’s however was more grueling. What happened after he was taken hostage, how did they escape the police. Where did they take him, where did they stay. How did he end up in the Tahoe area? How did he get blood on his sweatshirt? But Bob stood steadfast making sure that his replies were always she and never they. Making sure she had blonde hair, green eyes and a scar. There are some things that he was totally honest about and others he skimmed over, saying he didn’t remember or he was passed out most of the journey across country. They asked how he escaped, his response is that she just let him go. He had no idea where she was heading. He said, ‘Straight to hell for all he cared. He just wanted this nightmare to be over.’

After two hours it was finally over and everyone was allowed back in the hospital room. Kat immediately sat next to Bob on his bed and he put his arm around her and squeezed her shoulder, and kissed her forehead.

“Are you okay?” asked Gerard.

Bob took a deep breath, and responded, “Yeah I think so.”

There was a knock on the door, it was Kenny. Bob really did try to act normal but the look of contempt was all over his face. Bob was mad and Kenny knew it.

“I want to take you to have an MRI done.”

“Haven’t I had enough fucking tests done?”

“This one you’ll like I promise.”

“Fine.”

“We’ll be back later guys.”

Ray turned to Kat, “Any idea why Bob seems to hate his rescuer?”

“He caught him kissing someone else, apparently so did Sam. Bob comforted her for a little while last night.” Who was she kidding it was half the night. She had half a mind to be jealous, but Bob more than made it up to her. He was so sweet and tender.


Kenny and Bob got in the elevator, “I know what you saw last night and I never meant for it to happen. I’m sorry I left you to pick up the pieces with Sam. We broke up this morning. We both decided we’re better off as friends. I’m going to see her through this. I do love her.”

“Just not in love with her, and the other one are you in love with her?”

“I always loved her, I really don’t know.”

“So where are we going?”

“To get an MRI done.”

“I thought my head was fine?”

“Not for your head, for your wrist.”

“What?”

“We got your records from Chicago, and with this MRI you might be playing by the end of the day.”

“You know that really doesn’t matter anymore. After what I’ve been through I’ve put things in perspective. As long as I’m with these four guys it doesn’t matter if I’m on stage or back. It’s all good.”

“But you’d rather be on stage.”

“Fuck yeah.”

Two hours later Bob was with a specialist giving him the okay.

He got back to the room and everyone was there including Sam and Brianna.

Bob walked in and announced “I’m back!!”

The room erupted in cheers. Bob put his arm around Kat and kissed the side of her head. Things were finally getting back to normal.

“Great,” said Brian “’cause every thing is set for tomorrow afternoon. James is flying out now, along with Johnny and Chuck. The hospital is going to broadcast it through its own channel for those who can’t make it. We need to get a set list together and you will need to do a sound check. Shows at three. And Bob welcome back.”

“Thanks, you can’t even imagine how good it feels to be back. I just hope I can remember all the songs.”

“I’m sure it’s like riding a bike,” smiled Brian.

Just then a nurse walked in, she took Bob’s temperature, his pulse and his respiration and wrote them in his chart. “Dr. O’Brien will be right in to see you.”

A few minutes later a doctor came in. He removed the IV and placed a band-aid there. “So are you ready to check out of here Mr. Bryar?”

“Hell, yeah.”

“I just have some paperwork for you to sign. Some instructions you have to follow, especially the antibiotics. You can’t let your cut get infected.”

“I’ll make sure he’s a good boy,” smiled Kat. With that the doctor left.

He went to the closet and found a plastic bag with all his belongings he had when he checked in.

“Here hun,” it was a Wal-mart bag filled with new clothes.

“Thanks babe. You’re the best.”

Bob changed quickly and soon he was in a black t-shirt, black hoodie, jeans and slip-ons. He made sure he had everything. The doctor came back and Bob filled out the necessary paperwork and got his prescription. They were ready to leave.

The entourage left the room. Brian was at the nurses station giving instructions for the flowers and gifts that were coming in. He asked all the cards be sent to Reprise Records and all flowers be given to other patients and stuffed toys go to the Children’s ward. They were about to leave when Bob spoke.

“You guys go ahead, I want to say good-bye.”

Bob knocked quietly on the door.

“Come in,” said Brianna.

This time there was a woman in her fifties in the room, “Bob this is my mother Mary,” introduced Sam.

“It is so good to see you. I’m so happy my daughter found you,” said the woman.

“I’m happy she found me too.”

Bob leaned in and gave Brianna a kiss on the forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Wouldn’t miss it,” she smiled.

Bob went over to Sam. “I guess our time is over.”

“Yeah.”

“Good luck and take care.”

“You too.”

Bob wrapped his arms around her and realized he didn’t want to let go. He actually wanted to kiss her more than anything. It was because of all they went through or she was his first crush. It couldn’t be anything more. He loved Kat and that was the end.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah,” He kissed her forehead knowing full well it’s not where his lips wanted to be.

The small gesture sent shivers down her spine. How the hell did he do it, turning her so around? But it’s over now he had his girlfriend and she had her new life helping her mom take care of Brianna.

“Bobby you coming?” It was Kat.

“Yeah. It was a pleasure meeting you Mary.” Bob wanted to say good-bye to Kenny, but noticed he was missing, “Where’s Kenny?” Bob asked.

“He took a flight to Tahoe to drive our van back. He’ll be here tomorrow.”

“I’ll see everyone tomorrow then.”

Sam went to give Bob one last embrace and whispered in his ear, “Five to eight washings will get rid of that.”

“Thanks,” as he smiled down at her.

“He’s an awfully nice young man,” said Mary.

“Yeah he is,” sighed Sam.
Sign up to rate and review this story