Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

Drowning lessons.

by darkviolet 6 reviews

I believe in you.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Erotica - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-15 - Updated: 2008-03-15 - 1452 words

2Funny
I spent most of the ride staring at the back of Gerard's head, catching a glimpse or two of his pale face in the mirror, I don't know what amazed me more, that he's really not what I expected him to be, the fact that he's the complete opposite of what I believed him to be or that Mikey, Young, scrawny, funny, geeky Mikey is really the older brother, the one who carries his brother. Is it really a surprise? That Gerard is a weak guy who needs to be supported by his brother? Naw not a big shock...I guess the real shock is that Mikey is the man of the castle...I smiled out of the window, the same Mikey who threw up his guts in 3rd grade when he tasted his first liquor filled candy, the Mikey who didn't like diapers therefore he enjoyed an occasional bare ass run through the yard, he's the man.
It's funny, Mikey a man...It's like saying Frank is a man...Or even so that Gerard is a man...That one is almost fictional!

"so how it's like to graduate high school," my dad broke the silence with one eye on the road and the other on Gerard in the passenger seat.

Gerard shifted his eyes from the window to my dad, "I didn't graduate yet"

"Yeah almost," dad nodded with a nostalgic smile, "When I was 18..."

"Holy fuck dad," I moaned, "Not one of your high school sagas, please"

Dad glanced at me in the rear mirror and returned his focus to the sulky Gerard, "Excited?"

"Psyched," Gerard grumbled.

"Any plans for the future?"

I rolled my eyes, trust my dad to embarrass me or ask stupid questions.

"Naw, I'm actually gonna stay in my parents basement another good 20 years, wait till they die, take over the house and breed bats," Gerard said casually, almost like he meant it, his tone sharp and poisonous, I didn't like how he talked to dad, like he's better, with a sneer.

"Oh so you're starting with the beer belly now?," I leaned forward.

He turned around sharply, "I thought your beer belly was a fashion statement"

"Oh bitch," I shrieked, "This is your death wish"

Mikey grabbed me before I could charge at him and dad sighed, "Kids, please"

"She started it," Gerard murmured, pointing at me.

"Cry baby!," I kicked his seat.

"Stop it".

I kicked it again, with more force.

"I said stop it", he exclaimed, turning back to me.

I shrugged and kicked it again, responding to his 'fucking stop' with another strong kick.

"Viola, please stop," dad caught my gaze in the mirror.

I crossed my arms on my chest and leaned back.

"You gotta be the mature one, Gerard," dad turned to look at him for a split second, "You know viola is younger, be the bigger man"
I chuckled to that, receiving a glare from dad now, "I know it's hard to just ignore her but sometimes she needs to be ignored"

"Whoa," I threw my arms in the air, "What's with the tips?"

"You tease Gerard, Viola and that's not fair. Stop being such a baby"

Gerard smirked, "Yeah stop teasing me"

"She pushes your buttons cause you respond to her," dad waved his hand around, explaining while keeping his other on the wheel.

I pouted in my seat, not liking the way this was heading, not liking my dad giving HIM advise when just seconds ago he was being rude to him.

"Your daughter is a spoiled brat," Gerard gave his high valued opinion.

To my surprise dad agreed, "she is sometimes but only if you let her, and you always let her, ever since you were little, you let her get to you"

"I don't hit girls"

"Oh Christ no, not hitting, but stand you ground, son. Don't let people walk all over you or hurt you"

I frowned, son? What the fuck? Did I die and reached the after life? Why am I still in Jersey in the after life though?

I glanced over to Mikey who seemed to be bored and highly uninterested of what's going on in the front seat and what effect it's having on me.

"Aw he can't help being a wuss, dad, " I smiled playfully like I'm not about to grind his
pathetic 'son' to the ground, "It's in the genes"

I could practically see Gerard's shoulder tense and knuckles turn white as he clutched his knee.

"Viola that's enough!," dad cried out, "You've gone too far!"

"That's OK, Dave," Gerard smirked at me in the mirror, "She's right, some things run in the family"

I felt my cheeks pick on a not so flattering color of scarlet and stared back at him.

"Heaven help you," dad shook his head, "And us and every single person who has to be in the same room with you two"

"Amen," Mikey chipped in.

I elbowed him, "Well what, it gets annoying after the 849340th time, he says something, you insult him with a bad ass comeback, he'll get upset and call you names, you'd call him names, knock it off already".

"Since when you became so smart," I pouted at him, it's like these 3 were out to get me all of the sudden, my body reflected what was going on inside my head, I backed to the furthest corner, the seat belt buckle dug into my skin and held my knees up.

"I've always been wise," Mikey gave me a wide cheesy grin that made me relax a little bit.

When dad finally parked in our driving way, I hopped out of the car going directly to my room without even stopping to fetch my luggage. I locked the door behind me and popped another pill. Their effect seemed to be wearing off rather quickly, half way through the drive and I was cold instead of the warm fuzzy feeling they gave me.

"Viola!", I heard dad's muffled voice carry through the locked door.

I rolled my eyes, now what, he needs to demonstrate how Gerard can ignore me more effectively, "What?"

"Come down here and grab your bags"

I threw the door open and stumped down the steps the hardest I could with an evil face expression gracing my features, I was pissed at dad for ganging up on me like that in front of everybody. I grabbed my bag from the trunk, nearly knocking off Gerard and his luggage in
the process, "Hey watch it".

I flipped him off without as much as a glance.

"Is there a problem, Viola?," dad held the door for us.

I glared at him, shaking my head.

"Then why you look like you swallowed a toxic lemon?," he closed the door behind Gerard who followed me in with his and Mikey's suitcase.

"I had one bag," I said through gritted teeth, "There was no need to drag me down again"

"Oh, you wanted to leave it in the trunk," he frowned like he's confused, his hand still on
the knob.

"No," I hated it when he played it dumb to teach me a lesson.

"Then who's supposed to bring up YOUR bag to YOUR room?," he crossed his arms on his chest and towered over me.

"It's one bag," I tossed my hair back, "You could've done it"

"Do I look like you own personal bell boy, darling?," he smiled a little, "It's one bag, you can do it, I believe in you"

"It's just one bag," I whined.

"You're the one to say girls can do anything boys can do better, practise what you preach baby".

"It's one fucking bag," I exclaimed at his back as he left for the kitchen, popping his head a minute later, "My you're good at math, lunch will be ready in 20, be a doll and show Mikey and Gerard their rooms"

I flipped him off after his head returned to the stove, I spotted Gerard who stood with his suitcase, smiling at the floor, "Shut up," I slapped his shoulder which made him smile even wider.

"Here let me help," he adjusted the strap of the suitcase on his shoulder and reached for my bag.

"I don't need your help," I grimaced and loaded the bag on my back.

"Come on, I'll be your private bell boy," he lowered his voice a little so that Mikey who was already sprawled on the couch in front of the TV won't hear.

I suppressed my urge to giggle and headed upstairs, followed closely by Gerard.





A\N
Happy st. Patrick's day to everyone who's Irish and to all these who aren't!!

And remember reviewing is good for your health!
Sign up to rate and review this story