Categories > Original > Romance

A Beautiful Lie

by Anime_Girl 1 review

Keiri has a crush on her friend, who likes her too(though she doesn't know this) She thinks she can win him over by getting him jealous by hanging out with a guy named Keji.Full summary inside.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-23 - Updated: 2008-03-24 - 5253 words

1Funny
A Beautiful Lie

Keiri is a teenage girl in high school.She has a crush on Ryuzaki,one of her best friends,Ryuzaki likes her too,but he might be interested in their other friend,Ayano,as well,who also likes Ryuzaki. Not wanting to lose,Keiri finds a creative way to win Ryuzaki,by making him jealous.She starts hanging out with Keji Ryuga, one of the most popular guys in school,as long as she's his human slave.Keiri's plan seems like it may work, but things don't always go as planned, now do they?

Chapter 1-Silly little lie

“What do you think you got on the test, Ayano?” A girl questioned. Rich red and brown eyes stayed fixed on her friend in front of her. The girl instinctively raised a hand to play with her short, chocolate brown hair, with streaks of red throughout it; it was not yet even shoulder length, some hair was pulled from the front to meet in a ponytail in the back while the rest stayed down, and her short bangs were parted. This girl looked to be in her early teens, around 15, a seemingly 1st year student. She wore the typical high school uniform: a short brown skirt, a brown vest with a white shirt under it, brown shoes and high white socks, and a brown cap perched atop the girl’s head.
Her friend, Ayano Hitomi, sighed. “I think I passed, hopefully, Keiri.” Ayano was a 2nd year student in high school, around age 16, and had long, light red hair that was tied in a ponytail and pinkish red eyes returned the glance at Keiri Suzuko.
Keiri nodded. “I’m sure you did fine. I’m trying to be optimistic, but, you know, science isn’t exactly my best subject.”
Ayano knew what that was like as well, neither of them liked taking science tests that much because it seemed to always be the hardest.
“Oh well.” Keiri shrugged. “No point dwelling on the past, if we failed, we failed. Can’t change that.”
Ayano giggled. “Oh, wow. You sure put that real nicely.”
Keiri grinned. “Didn’t I?” Sarcasm was evident in both girl’s voices. Keiri and Ayano were sitting near each other in one of their classes, math; Keiri was the third person in the first row and Ayano was behind her. The room was small, painted white, very bare in the girl’s opinions. Only few encouragement posters hung on the walls; all the desk were set up in rows. And the teacher’s desk was a wreck, and behind it was a whole other messy pile of junk as well. Class hasn’t yet started, so the teacher just sat in her seat while reading a magazine. Actually, only a couple of people were even in the class.
Another student took their seat, next to Keiri. Keiri didn’t know him well at all, really. School had just started a mere 3 days ago, the science test was just to test what all students remember. So Keiri didn’t know some of the people in the class, such as the boy who just sat next to her in the second row.
He was handsome, Keiri had to admit, with stunning light blue eyes that were specked with unusual spots of gold, dirty golden blond hair that almost reached his shoulders and bangs that came just above his eyebrows. He wore the boys uniform: Brown pants, matching shoes, and a white shirt that needed to be kept tucked in under a brown jacket. Keiri had been sitting next to him, but he never paid any mind to her and she didn’t bother with him. His name was Keji Ryuga and, though Keiri and Ayano didn’t know him, he was extremely popular throughout the school, especially with the girls. He looked 16 years old as well, making him an 11th grade student, like Ayano. To say he was cute, Keiri thought, would have been a major understatement.
Keiri waited, to see if Keji would greet her at all. Nothing. She grunted.
He could at least say hi, she thought, after all, we sit next to each other. Keiri bit her bottom lip, wondering if she should make the first move. “Good morning, Ryuga,” Ayano said, sensing Keiri’s hesitation. Keji reached down and dug inside his black backpack for something. However, he did reply by saying, “hey.”
Keiri sighed. She’d say something as well, but for some reason the words wouldn’t come out. And anyway, he wouldn’t say anything back. So she decided not to dwell on it too long.
Keji started doing something. Keiri wasn’t paying much attention anymore. Her mind lingered elsewhere. Like, where was her other friend, Ryuzaki? She wondered when he would come.
“Hi guys,” a voice said in the doorway. That voice sounded like the best sound in the world at the moment to Keiri. It belonged to Ryuzaki Shiga. He took his seat in front of Keiri after grinning in her direction. He had a pair of dark brown eyes and hair of a matching color. He was pretty cute in Keiri’s opinion and he was nice too. It was obvious enough to many but him that Keiri had a major crush on him.
“Hey, Ryuzaki!” Keiri called happily.
“Keiri, how ya doing?” Ryuzaki asked.
Keiri stared dreamily at her friend. “I’m doing fine now... I mean, yeah, I’m fine. You?”
“I’m okay,” he answered.
“Good to hear,” Keiri assured. Keiri looked around the class, practically everyone was there now, a sign class was about to begin, so she stopped her conversation with Ryuzaki.
“Okay class,” Ms. Rhodes began, the math teacher. “Today we’ll work on multiplying, dividing, adding, and subtracting exponents as a review since all of you should’ve already learned this in 7th or 8th grade.”
Like always, a great feeling of sleepiness overwhelmed Keiri. She tried to listen to the lecture, but it was just so boring, so she caved in... Ryuzaki chuckled lightly, some people never change.
“KEIRI! WAKE UP!!” Ms. Rhodes ordered. Keiri shot up immediately from her sleeping position. Several snickers could be heard from her fellow classmates, especially Keji, but she ignored them.
“Yes, sorry, Ms. Rhodes,” Keiri apologized. Ms. Rhodes was at the board working out a problem before she woken up Keiri.
“Sorry won’t cut it. I assume you don’t need my lesson, so please inform me on how to multiply exponents.”
Keiri groaned loudly, not wanting to do work just after waking up.
Keiri strode over to the dry erase board that was by the teacher’s desk.
“Alright. So if you have x to the second multiplied by x to the third, you’d actually add the exponents. X to the second plus x to the third equals x to the fifth. So if it was y to the fourth times y to the negative second, then the answer would be y to the second. If the problem is written like, (2x to the third)to the second, then first you need to know 2 isn’t the base, x is. So you leave x alone, but times 2 by the outside variable which equals 4. Then times the inside exponent by the outside one which is 6. Don’t drop the x; so the answer is 4x to the sixth.”
Ms. Rhodes nodded in satisfactory. “Very good.”
Keiri went back to her seat, only to fall asleep... again.

“Keiri! Class is over!” Ayano called. Keiri raised her head up from over her crossed arms on her desk to glance at her friend. Keiri yawned in the middle of saying, “Damn it, I wanted more sleep.”
“We gotta go to History, Keiri,” Ayano told the girl. Keiri rose from her seat, grabbed her red backpack, and followed Ayano to their next class, with Ryuzaki tagging along.
Really, all the class looked alike, with the same, ‘if you believe, you can achieve’ occasional posters lying all over the, other than that, bare white walls. However, this teacher kept her desk clean and tidy, unlike the last. Keiri sat in the first seat of the first row in this class, Ayano behind her, and Ryuzaki, unfortunately for Keiri, all the way in the in the third row’s last seat.
“Hey, Keiri,” said another voice. Keiri looked up to see her other friend, Sakura Ichihara, taking her seat next to her. Sakura always seemed to be wearing a smile, her bright brown eyes radiating happiness, and maintaining that same bouncy, long and curly, orangish red hair that was kept in pigtails, as well as the pink rimmed glasses perched atop her small nose. She looked 15 years old, meaning she was a 1st year student. Keiri smiled in greeting to her other classmate.
“Okay, class, listen!” The teacher, Ms. Emery, roared. Keiri sighed, this was one class that she hated as well, History. In fact, she just didn’t like school.
“I’m assigning a new project,” Emery started, “it’s a group project. The group must consist of 6 people. The project is to create a model of the entire Aztec Empire. I will decide your groups.”
“Awww,” the whole class complained simultaneously. The teacher shot them a glare that instantly shut them all up.
“Alright, so let’s get studying! Read pages 157-181 in your textbooks to learn all about the great Aztec Empire!” Ms. Emery exclaimed.
Who will I end up in a group with? Keiri asked herself. While she thought his her eyes lingered on Ryuzaki. Sakura snickered, she saw what or who Keiri was gawking at.
“What?” Keiri snapped when she realized that Sakura was about to burst into hysterics.
“I see you checking Ryuzaki out. It’s understandable, he’s cute,” she assured.
Keiri blushed. “Wh-what do you mean? I so don’t like him! He’s my friend!”
Sakura nodded. “Suuuurrrreeee.”
Keiri rolled her eyes. I don’t need to hear this, she thought.
“Girls,” Ms. Emery snapped. “Stop talking about how you fancy Mr. Shiga! Even if you are complimenting him. Less talking, more reading.”
Ryuzaki took a sudden interest in the conversation. They were talking about him? Keiri was? What a was it about? Fancy, like as in....like..?All these questions flooded into his mind, but he had answers for none of them.
Keiri couldn’t believe her teacher did that. Her face became so red, and she tried to hide it under her arms. How embarrassed she was! This might be a very long day.
Eventually lunch time came. All the students grabbed their stuff and left the class, heading in all different directions to have lunch.
Ayano was going to the snack machine, while Sakura, Ryuzaki, and Keiri all went to the spot they usually have lunch: outside. Under a large tree, away from the Sun, is where the group ate. They were heading there in a awkward silence. Keiri didn’t want to talk about what happened in class, she was still embarrassed. And Ryuzaki didn’t want Keiri to feel weird, though he wanted to ask about it. However, Sakura was more then willing to talk.
“Listen, Ryuzaki, we weren’t talking about you like that. I was bored so to amuse myself I started teasing Keiri and saying she likes you, now I don’t think she does, so don’t worry. Unless... do you like him?”
If possible, Keiri’s face became even redder. She’s asking this right in front of him?! Keiri thought.
“NO!” Keiri vociferated, and Ryuzaki actually felt slightly disappointed. “I don’t like him! Why do you guys think I do?!”
“I know you like someone, and you don’t hang out with that many guys. The obvious choice must be Ryuzaki,” Sakura pointed out.
“No, that’s not true. I.... I... um, I do hang out with other guys,” Keiri objected.
Oh, what am I getting myself into?
“Like who?” Ryuzaki asked.
“Um, like... after school sometimes I w-would h-ha-hang out with some guys besides Ryuzaki. I’m not saying I like him, but there is one in particular that I often t-talk to. Uh, you’ve never talked to him, really. His name is...” Keiri paused. Quickly, think, think! Neji, I always loved Neji Hyuga from that show! But... He’s not real..Improvise! I’ll improvise! Should I even be doing this..? Keiri didn’t want to continue, but her mouth had an opinion of its own. “ ... uh, Ryuga. Keji Ryuga.” Keiri placed a hand over her mouth to suppress her gasp. She never meant to say that. What happened to Neji?! She doesn’t even know Keji herself! DAMN IT, her mind screamed. WHY DID THEIR NAMES HAVE TO BE SO SIMILAR?!
“Yeah,” she continued, against her own will. It was like her mouth was talking without her consent, just blabbing on when she should stop. “Um, we talk often. I really don’t like him. I don’t like anybody. I’m simply saying... that I wouldn’t be interested in Ryuzaki if I’m not even interested in Keji, no offense. If it was anybody, it would probably be him.”
OH MY GOD! OH NO I DIDN’T! I SQUASHED ALL CHANCES WITH RYUZAKI!!! Keiri mentally beat the crap out of herself.
“So,” she begun again. “There you go. Happy?”
“Yeah... I...guess.” Sakura was shocked. She thought Keiri would admit her feelings.
“No,” Ryuzaki mumbled softly, though too low for anyone to hear.
Another awkward silence followed, and, when she came, Keiri had never been so happy to see Ayano.
“Hey, Ryuzaki, guess what? The ice-cream stand is here today as a special treat for after the science test and their selling those strawberry ice-cream cones you like so much!” Ayano exclaimed cheerfully, expecting to see her friend rushing to the stands. He was getting up to leave and follow her, but not for the reason she thought, just to escape. They left. Ayano and Ryuzaki had been friends for 10 years, when Ayano first moved to his neighborhood, which is how she knows so much about him. They were both athletic, loved sweets, and soon became best friends. Keiri met Ayano in 6th grade, before then Keiri was home schooled since 1st grade, so she didn’t know anyone. Keiri was still smart, she just envied everyone else for already having friends. Ayano and her and all the same classes, they just didn’t talk at first. Until Ayano was told to guide Keiri to their elective, and eventually they engaged in conversation about their favorite anime shows, leading to the start of a great friendship. Once friends, Ayano introduced Keiri to Sakura and Ryuzaki, and even others, and they group stayed together since then.
Keiri sighed. She never meant to mess up so badly.
“Hey, look! There’s your friend now!” Sakura shouted. Keiri glanced at where Sakura was pointing, by the water fountain... drinking it was... Keji. Keiri gasped. No, she wouldn’t, would she?
“Hey, Keji!” Sakura called.
She would.
“Oh,” Keiri begun, bitting her bottom lip, “ it’s okay. Don’t annoy him, let him go wherever.”
“But you guys are friends, right? Come to think of it, if your friends, why don’t you ever talk to each other? You don’t even greet him when he comes to class, why?”
“No reason, really. There needn’t be any words between us.” WHAT?! WHAT IS THAT?!?! I SOUND LIKE A SAPPY ROMANCE BOOK– I DON’T EVEN KNOW HIM, Keiri screamed mentally.
“Aw, how romantic. All the more reason to call him over. HEY KEJI!!”
Keji looked over to them. Sakura beckoned for him to come over, and he did, much to Keiri’s distaste.
“Yeah?” Keji asked, irritation was obvious in his tone. Keiri couldn’t believe it. Why me? She asked herself.
“Well, I know you and Keiri are real close, so why don’t you come sit down with us?” Sakura invited. Keji arched an eyebrow. “Who’s Keiri again?”
He doesn’t even know my name! I am so screwed!
Keiri decided it time to take action. She ran up to Keji, grabbed his arm and said, “Oh, stop joking around!”
He gave her a quizzical look. “Yeah, you know! Gonna play stupid games again? It’s me! Keiri! Oh, Sakura, will you please excuse us?”
Sakura nodded. “Sure.” And with that, she was gone, leaving the pair alone.
“What the hell?” Keji snapped. Keiri let go of his arm immediately.
“Um, hi Keji. Sorry. This is awkward. I’m Keiri, I sit next to you in math. Let me explain. There’s this guy I.... like... and I was caught in a really awkward situation with him, and my friend Sakura started accusing me of liking him. And I do, but I went into...defensive mode. And I said that I hang out with other boys besides him, and if I didn’t like them, I definitely wouldn’t like him. And if I was interested in anyone, it would be someone else.... you. Don’t give me that look! I didn’t mean it as in I like you, but I had to think of a name and yours came to mind. Supposedly, we hang out all the time and are great friends, so that explains everything. Can you please, please, pleeeeeaaaasssee go along with it? We still won’t see each other often! Just the occasional ‘hello.’Pretend to be my friend, I can’t look like an idiot!”
“You are an idiot to get yourself into this mess,” Keji stated, rolling his eyes. Keiri had heard that this guy was pretty anti-social and mean, that he doesn’t really care much for other people. She guessed that those who said this were right. She heaved a heavy sigh.
“Please? You just have to pretend we hang out with each other and we’re friends, that’s it. And maybe... maybe he might even get jealous! Yeah! And I can see if he likes me or not! And if he does, then I tell him that you mean nothing and he’s the one I like, yeah! That’s great! So will you? Please?”
“No.”
“But– I’ll do anything you want!”
“Anything?” Not in a perverted sort of way, but he become generally interested now. Though he was good at hiding the fact that he was, his voice was still devoid of any emotion.
“Anything. Just nothing... intimate,” Keiri blushed after finishing her sentence.
“Ack, not with you anyway. But, I will pretend for you if you do anything else I want whenever, whatever. For example, getting me a soda. Deal?”
Keiri’s face wore a huge grin. “YAY! Deal!”
“Ok, seriously, get me a soda.”
Keiri scowled. He really expected her to get him a soda?
“Hey, guys, what’s Ryuga doing here?” Keiri heard Ayano ask. Behind the two were Ayano and Ryuzaki, with Sakura.
“Oh yeah! I called Keji over so him and Keiri could talk,” Sakura answered. Keiri saw Ryuzaki glaring at Keji, and a feeling of happiness engulfed her. Though, she thought, it’s still too soon to assume.
“Keiri and Ryuga Keji talk? I never heard of it! Wow, K&K!” Ayano exclaimed. Keiri sweatdropped.
K and K? Keiri and Keji? It did sound like a pretty cute name sequence... but Keiri and Ryuzaki sounded much, much, much better!
“Well,” Ryuzaki said, “Keiri says her and him hang out quite often. Is that true, Ryuga?”
Keji noticed the bitter tone in Ryuzaki’s voice and smirked. “Why yes, it is, Shiga.”
Keji was actually playing along! Keiri smiled innocently. Ryuzaki glared at her as well.
Maybe he does...? I mean, why else would he seem so angry over my– Keji, being here? Uh, I’m getting a migraine!
“Well, I’ll be going. Sorry, dear friend, catch ya later!” Keji told Keiri. She nodded. Good, she thought, I can’t handle the tension any longer.
“Wait! Why don’t we all go to the mall later on?” Sakura mused.
Ryuzaki added, “yeah, sounds like fun. What do you think, Ryuga?” There was an obvious tone of bitterness in his voice.
“Sure,” Keji said before leaving the group. Keiri pouted. Sure she wanted to get Ryuzaki jealous, but Keji seemed to be enjoying pissing him off, and it wasn’t good to mess with him. She decided to avoid eye contact with Ryuzaki for a while, though she could still feel him shooting a piercing glare her way.
Yes! Her mind screamed. If I could just keep this going a little longer! Though... I shouldn’t like the fact that Ryuzaki’s mad at me, should I..? Oh well. I guess it’s pretty complicated. Poor Keji, I’ve dragged him into this mess too.... hmm, I don’t care so much about that though, I mean, come on, I got to do whatever he says! That’s bad enough. This is weird, I don’t even know the guy, but at least he’ll help me get Ryuzaki to like me, whether it’s for a price or not.
Keiri checked a silver watch that was fastened on her wrist. 11:45, it read. There was still about half an hour, yes they had extended lunch, until it was time for class again. Keiri thought it might be a good time to slip away and talk to her “partner.”
“Hey, uh, guys, I’m gonna.... go... somewhere,” Keiri told her friends. She didn’t want to make it seem like she was going to see Keji. Oh yeah! Like that was so good! Oh, that’s not suspicious at all!
“Hmm,” Ayano started with a smug expression, “okay, good luck with... whatever you’re doing!”
She still doesn’t know...? Sakura wasn’t ever the brightest one, but Ryuzaki was extremely intelligent and Ayano was a devious little person who always saw through everything.
“Yeah, hehe, thanks.” Keiri couldn’t fathom the fact that they actually didn’t question, make fun of, or point out her visiting Keji. After all, with her little stunt, it would seem as if they were like a couple, but in all reality, they’d just officially met today. It was certainly something.
Keiri set off in a different direction than her friends, to where she saw her partner go, and before leaving she heard Sakura and Ayano shout, “ TELL KEJI I SAID ‘HI’!!!” Keiri winced. They knew. But that was of little importance anyway. But Ryuzaki knowing was different. Getting him jealous and entirely pissed off were two separate things.
She scouted the school. She figured it was important to talk more about the deal. He’d probably want more details too. What exactly could she have planned? Hmm, she thought. We’re going to the mall, when Ryuzaki sees what great friends Keji and I are(lies) he might get even more jealous! I mean, a couple of glares here and there doesn’t mean he’s jealous, so I can’t assume he is. Or maybe he is but in a different way. It’d be understandable, a lot of guys don’t like Keji. After all, Ryuzaki is cute/average but... Keji’s... wow. Plus, I hear he’s a real jerk. And Mimi(friend) told me that they all met before, I think. Maybe they started off on bad terms. Hell if I know, but none of that matters. I need to test how far Ryuzaki and my relationship goes! Wait– there he is!
Keiri saw the person she was looking for– walking nonchalantly through the halls.
“Oh, hey, um, Keji.... I... was, uh, wondering if you might, maybe, want to... go out with me...?” Keiri identified the person asking Keji that as her shy friend, Kasumi. Kasumi was somewhat short, about 5'4 with brown hair that was all tied in a bun, hazel eyes, and glasses. Aww, Keiri mused, how cute! You go Kasumi! Come on, Keji, say yes. Oh... yeah, but if you could just keep your relationship secret....
“Who are you again and what’s your name?” Keji asked coldly. Keiri winced. He couldn’t say it any nicer?
“Umm... I’m Kasumi... I’m sorry if I’m being too blunt or going to quickly, it’s just... don’t you remember me?! I’ve been sitting next to you for 2 years in English! Since middle school in 9th grade!” Kasumi cried.
Oh, harsh, Keiri said silently. How could you not know someone who’s been near you for that long?
Keji looked as if he was generally thinking for a minute. “Ok, it depends which one you think wouldn’t hurt you more: A. I could say that I wouldn’t ever even glance at someone of your status, or B. You’re wasting my time. Which do you choose? I think B is best, but A is very true.”
Keiri could see tears building up in Kasumi’s eyes. Keiri pitied her friend. How cruel. He couldn’t let her down gently?
“The day I go out with you, whatever your name was,” Keji continued. “Is the day pigs fly.”
Kasumi nodded in understanding, and bowed her head. Keji could see tears falling from her eyes when she did the motion, but he could care less. Then, with haste, Kasumi ran off.
“You fly?”
Keji looked behind him to see Keiri there. She was utterly disgusted. Poor Kasumi has been crushing on Keji for 2 years! He could’ve just cut her some slack, maybe go out with her. She was pretty, and nice, and smart! Why not?!
“What the hell do you want?” Keji snapped yet again.
“You freaking pompous jerk off!”
“Get over it and be glad it wasn’t you.”
“What?!” Keiri growled. Keji smirked at her.
“I could’ve easily said no to your little game with that piece of trash you adore so much, what was his name again... Ryuzaki? Yeah, that loser.”
Keiri was so mad, she didn’t even notice or pay any mind to the fact that he knew Ryuzaki was the one she was trying to get jealous.
“EXCUSE YOU! Ryuzaki is no piece of trash, you self-centered, egotistical, bastard!!!” Keiri bellowed. The whole argument frazzled her. So what she heard about Keji was true, from her other friend Mimiko Ichihara, Sakura’s sister.
Keiri gripped the phone tightly, trying to express her anger in a way other then screaming.
“Who would dare?!” Keiri asked, astonished.
“Keji Ryuga,” said the voice of her friend Mimiko. Mimiko was in the 10th grade at the time, while Keiri was only in middle school, in the 9th grade. “Ryuzaki and I were walking through the lunch line, Ayano was at the snack machine. Ryuzaki got his food and was walking back to the table when Ryuga suddenly cut in front of him, so they collided. Ryuzaki’s tray fell, but instead of on Ryuga it fell on him. Despite his anger at Keji’s unawareness, Ryuzaki was going to mutter something about being sorry. However, that bastard Ryuga told him, “Ugh, what the hell?! Watch where your going next time, you clumsy freak!” Ryuzaki got sooooo mad, I swear if Ayano hadn’t come and suddenly pulled him to our table and bought him a different lunch, Ryuga would be dead.”

Keiri was amazed at her friend’s story. Keji Ryuga. He was in the 10th grade, and the idol of the whole school, from what she heard. Even Ayano, who only seemed interested in weapons and games and anime and other stuff of the like, sometimes mused on how cute this guy named Keji was in their school. Keiri recalled Ryuzaki getting annoyed whenever the girl would do that, and Keiri hoped it wasn’t for that reason that she suspected it may be.
“She always seems to come at the right time, eh?” Keiri giggled. It was true, Ayano was known for that, it was like she had senses to know when to intervene and when not to.
“Yup, that’s Ayano for you. Though I think she stopped ‘fangirling’ over Ryuga now, after that incident. You know, her and Ryuzaki are very close.”

Keiri sighed. “Yeah... so anyway, tell me more of this Ryuga.”
“Why? He’s nothing special! But whatever, I can understand your curiosity. He is extremely popular. He’s somewhat mischievous at times, when it comes to pranks. He doesn’t seem to have many friends, just some other popular guys and girls. All the girls LOVE him, like he’s the best thing ever. Even though he just blows them off all the time. He’s very mean and pretty egotistical. And he gets good grades too. To the adults, he’s the picture perfect student, athletic, good grades, the like. To the students, he’s their idol or they at least respect his status. And to his fangirls, he’s a god.”
“Sounds like a real bastard,” Keiri said.
“Yeah, well, I’ll talk to you later. I guess you’ll be coming to my high school next year. Leaving middle school, eh?”
Not just your high school, Keiri thought. Ryuzaki’s too! “Um, yeah, but next year’s coming pretty soon. Bye anyway!”

That was the first she heard of Keji Ryuga. And then she sat next to him when school started. Until now, she’s never really talked to him. And she regrets doing it.
“I don’t care what you think. Now go away.”
Keiri was fuming! “What? Argh, fine! But about the mall–”
“What time?” Keji interjected.
“Right after school.”
“Good, that’s all you should’ve said. With all your complaining, you’ve wasted about–” Keji checked an expensive looking silver watch on his wrist, “about 32 seconds of my very important and precious life. Seconds I can’t ever get back!”
“Good. So– we have our next class together, can I accompany you?” Keiri asked. The things I do for love, damn it! I was just yelling at him and now I’m asking him for this! It makes me look retarded! Damn Ryuzaki, I’ll get revenge. Oh, this better pay off!
“Nope. I’d rather not be caught with you again. Already some people question me about it.”
“Good for them! I’m coming anyway!” Keiri declared. Keji sighed. What a troublesome girl...
“Hmm... where’s Momo?” Keji thought aloud. Keiri adopted a puzzling look.
She asked, “who’s Momo?”
“A girl,” Keji replied simply. Keiri nodded.
Then a lightbulb in her head suddenly turned on. Click. “Oh! So is she like– your girlfriend?! And that’s why you turned down Kasumi? (though you still could’ve done it gently)”
“No. But I probably will end up going out with her. I turned down four eyes because I don’t like her.”
“Jerk. But, if you have a girlfriend–” She was cut off by Keji once again.
“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure your little friends don’t find out.”
Keiri sighed in relief. That was good. So far things were working out fine. But still, lying to Ryuzaki...
Keiri thought, a lie. Yeah, that was reeeeeeeaaaalllyy the way to start a relationship with Ryuzaki.
But it wasn’t just any lie.
It was A Beautiful Lie.
Sign up to rate and review this story