Categories > Original > Drama > Moonlight Phantom

Facing Death?

by Wolf_of_the_Anbu 1 review

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-03-23 - Updated: 2008-03-24 - 845 words

1Exciting
[a/n] okay when you see a (*__) with a number in it, scroll down since it's a footnote thingy. Anyways, here's the summary:
Twelve year old Akacia leads a life full of school, a crush... you know the usual. Lately, she feels as if something horrible is gonna happen. She soon finds out, her predictions were correct. On the night of a full moon, Akacia realizes there's an extra person in her house. It turns out that that was the last time she saw her family. Though Akacia was saved, she was not happy. She swore to herself she was going avenge the death of her family... but was that enough?... No.. She wouldn't let anyone feel the pain she went through so it was her duty to destroy all major murderers as the Moonlight Phantom. Several years passed by and Akacia thinks she's ready to strike. But Uh oh... she meets a guy who, in her opinion, is completely awesome, too bad he's the one who's leading an investigation team sent to capture her. Will she succeed in accomplishing her goal? Or will love get in the way? Read to find out!

I lay there in the ground, blood splattered all over me. My eyes went blank. All I could think of was...... Actually I couldn't think of anything. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. Death. Death was coming all over again. Everyone I knew... even a few that I didn't had died.

But that wasn't all. The killer... his eyes were cold. And his face... they showed no regret... as if... he loved killing.... There's no doubt about it... he loved to see blood.

The killer... he took his sword and licked the edge. He licked off all the blood from the sword. I was discusted... actually at that time I felt nothing. I didn't understand anything.

When the sword was clean and free of blood, the man smiled.... showing his blood filled teeth. He swung his sword... this time... cutting off my mothers head. My sister... the man plunged his sword through my sister's heart.(*1) Dead... they're all dead. I looked... my eyes still blank.

"Akacia... don't look now!" My older 21 year brother yelled. He blocked my view and gave me a hug.

I looked at my brother's face. His face was filled with hurt... there's no doubt about it. He tried to smile but I still saw that hurt in his face.

"Akacia.... I'm going to go now... run away... you must live... and whatever you do, don't look back" my brother said.

I found my voice. "Where are you going, Kuro?" I asked. "You're coming back aren't you?"

Kuro smiled, though it was lop-sided. "Don't worry Akacia... I'll be fine... just run.. and remember don't look back."

"O-okay, Kuro.." I began to run. I heard swords clashing and I even heard blood splatter. Someone fell to the floor.

I was running out of breath. My feet weren't moving as fast as it was when I first started running. Suddenly... I fell to the floor. I turned around.. and saw Kuro fighting with the killer. Though Kuro was an exellent swordsmen, he didn't stand a chance against this man. This man had much more experience...

Kuro was losing. The man took his sword and was no doubt about to kill Kuro.

"...NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" I couldn't help but scream. "DON'T DO IT!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!!!!!!!"

The man looked at my direction. He began to smirk. He took his sword and cut through Kuro. He began to laugh maniacly. Tears filled my eyes. Kuro... the person I admired the most.. was gone.

"Kuro... noooooo.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

The man was walking towards me.. but I didn't pay attention. All I looked at was the dead body of Kuro. The man finally reached me. He squatted down... I saw those cold blooded eyes again.

"You're next... little one!" he smirked.

"Why why why?!?! Kuro never did anything to you!! Why did you kill him? Why did you kill everyone?? They never did anything to you!!!"

"Why you ask?... I guess I can tell you...well killing people is just so fun! Once you make your first kill, you can't stop. It's just too fun to stop! Hehehe! No matter how much years of training you get, you won't be able to stop me. That was the problem with your brother. He was strong, but he never killed. Hmph if he had the heart to kill, who knows what the outcome would have been.... Now little one... It's your time now? Any final words or anything?..."

What was I supposed to say? I lost everything already. All I can do is hate.

"I guess you don't have anything to say... Alicia or whatever your name was... Pity pity pity... I guess you don't hold any regrets... hmmm what to expect from a 12 year old girl but whatever...Lemme kill ya now!" The man grabbed his sword and swung it...


(*1.) To tell you the truth, that wasn't that bad. It was probably the best part in that situation.
Sign up to rate and review this story