Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dragynspawn

Chapter Five

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Wesley lies to Kylie to protect her. But who will protect his heart?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-03-27 - Updated: 2008-03-27 - 313 words

0Unrated
Later that day when it was time for breakfast, Wesley sent Angel to escort Kylie to breakfast.
“I think you’re right,” he said, when she questioned him. “I can’t get to close to her.”
Angel stared at him for a moment, then turned and walked to Kylie’s room.
Wesley went to the dining room and was sitting down when the two women came in. For a moment, she stopped and looked at him, but when he refused to meet her gaze, she went and sat down next to Angel.
All through breakfast, he was aware of her, and the dragon inside him roared, demanding that he take her as a mate. He pushed the dragon back down where it belonged, taking her as a mate wouldn’t be fair. When humans and Dragynspawn mated, the humans were shunned, and sometimes killed. She didn’t deserve that kind of life and he wouldn’t make her bear it.
After breakfast was over, he escorted Kylie to the library, and sat silently, staring out the window.
“Wesley,” she finally said, “we need to talk.”
He closed his eyes, then took a deep breath, before looking at her.
“There’s nothing to talk about,” he said, aching inside when she flinched at the coldness of his voice. “What happened, was a mistake. It won’t happen again.”
He laughed and looked away.
“It was nice honey, really it was,” he said, hoping she believed his words. “But you’re not my type, you’re just to innocent for me.”
She stared at him for a moment, her eyes brimming with tears, then she turned around and ran out of the library.
He fought the urge to run after her and say it was all a lie. Instead he slumped down in the chair, staring out the window and wishing he could get drunk.
Sign up to rate and review this story