Almost healthy again, Harry visits Diagon alley.
- I'm glad that Harry is taking a quiet, very understated approach to re-integrating himself into life. I rather imagine he's going to have a lot to deal with after 10 years and I have to wonder if anyone on the Light's side even had na idea where he was? Now that he's back and slowly getting re-established, I also wonder how long before Hedwig, supposing she's still alive, hunts him down? And where Hedwig goes, I rather suspect Hermione will not be far behind. Beyond that, I can see him taking a covert, very sub-rosa approach to further involvement in events. In any case, he's got to complete his recovery and get himself up-to-date before he can do too much. Again, I sonwer what effects his stay in the anti-Paradise has produced.
- so the real story begins... ur at a turning stone now, where and how will harry go about his business.. has harry potter left the world... or will he be back.... what of his wands, personal belonging... and his relationships with professors, 'friends' enemies... etc...
does he start the battle in shadow or go wand-blaizing in the center of Diagon alley...
i really hope you keep up the mystery as well as keep it unique and interesting... goodluck and congrats on a good start.
- Curious, Lucius knows that Harry is free and is seeking to kill him yet he also can not tell Voldemort what he knows or V will do to him what he wants to do to Harry.
Harry is free, stabel if weak, and physically unrecognizable to his friends. He has enough money to do as he wishes within reason and can avoid contact with those he feels abandoned him if he so chooses.
Dumbledore and the others still have no idea where Harry is, how he is, or what has happened to him.
How will they all reunite? Will Snape learn from Lucius what happened and tell the Order? Or perhaps Hedwig will sense that Harry is free from the wards of Azkaban and will seek him out.
There was one small plothole in that how could the hospital release Harry without discovering what caused his condition. Given the heightened awareness of terrorism, and his condition, wouldn't the police get involved quickly? A minor point and easily overlooked.
I look forward to an update.
- Yeah, what Cat said, but with the additional question, Is there any one he knew left alive?
Highly enjoyable, and with my annoying metaphors, i do enjoy this charcoal sketced storytelling. You tell us everything we can't imagine, but leave a lot of the detailed work to the reader, but your little dots and lines gives us enough to work on to make a brilliant picture in our minds. The fact that you mentioned Leaky Tom making a threat assessment of a potential customer, and the new stains on the floor told volumes in very few words. I wish i could write like that.
Thanks for a great time so far.
Author's responseWow.. Thanks. I'm not sure what to say! I always look back at what I've written and want to "add a little more." I'm not one for large paragraphs and being really descriptive. Sometimes it's needed, but most of the time, our imagination fills in the holes and draws a much more vibrant picture than I could ever describe without boring you all to death.
Again, thank you!
(#) Wonderbee31 2008-03-28 05:45:20 PMVery good, and going to be interesting to see how Harry continues to make his way back to the wizarding world, and if so, which of his friends might be left to help him out, as well as what might happen when either of the sides were to run into him now, and what he might do for a wand, if he can get one.
- While I like your story it was a bit on the boring side so far... I am going to keep watching to see what happens next.
Hope to see more soon...
Did the hospital assume Harry was a homeless person? Clleanliness and health condiditon its what i would have thought. They did collect money for him and have glasses made for like this was the case.
So he inherited Grimmauld Place... any chance the order is still trying to live out of it? What of Remus?
Author's responseHopefully the next few chapters will pick up the pace some. I'm trying to stay away from the constant conflict formula of writing a Harry Potter fic. Some writers can pull it off. I'm not that good. :)
That being said, I've been working on the next chapter for a while. It was started before much of the story was anything more than a rough draft in my mind.
Your assumption that the hospital thought he was a homeless person is right. I felt the hospital would not question much of his past, to allow him to keep what little dignity he had left, and provided a safe, warm environment for him to heal in. Sometimes, it's best to let the person climb up out of the hole they're in with just a bit of a boost.
(#) watertiger 2008-05-22 03:09:12 PMWill Harry get GCSE or IGCSE exams
for qualifying University in UK Wales and Australia or will he emigrate to another country?
Will Goblins tell him about what happen to to the things that belong to his parents or The Black Vault and or his parent's Will?
Will you speak about anyone like Nevelle Luna or will you have his bretrayal complete.