Categories > Original > Drama

Fine

by sweethatred 1 review

the easiest answer to the question no one really cares to know the answer to

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-28 - Updated: 2008-03-28 - 598 words - Complete

1Moving
Johnny’s puppy died today. Johnny is a freckled, red-headed little boy. He is seven years old. All the big kids in school pick on him because he wears eyeglasses that are too big for his face and because he has no parents. Johnny lives with his grandma, his only living relative. She has false teeth. On his birthday, Johnny’s grandma took him to the dog pound. Johnny’s eyes lit up for the first time since his parents’ deaths. Johnny got his puppy because his grandma saw that he had no friends. Johnny’s puppy died today.

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

Anne’s parents just signed the divorce papers today. Almost everyone has divorced parents. After the bell rang, after Anne tripped over a bike in her hurry to reach their beige house in 13 Swallow Street, after crying and pleading that please, god, please, don’t sign the papers, Anne added to the “almost everyone”. Anne is a cheerleader. She has a football player boyfriend and legs that go on forever. She also has blonde hair and a posse to go with it. Anne always got straight A’s in her report cards. Today, Anne got an F in her Biology test. Anne’s parents just signed the divorce papers today.

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

Adelle just got her college application forms today. Adelle is a normal teenager who likes to take life one step at a time. She is a girl who just wants to have fun. Adelle’s parents are both lawyers and they want her to be one, too. All Adelle wants though, is to open a store. Adelle has normal to low grades and she doesn’t know what college to go to and what course to take. Her parents and relatives keep telling her that she should know these already and that she should think about her future. She does, all the time, but they don’t know that. All the college talk never failed to make her feel insecure and inadequate. Adelle got her college application forms today.

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

Kevin found out he got his girlfriend pregnant today. Kevin is only sixteen. His girlfriend is thirteen. Kevin just wanted to be just like the other guys. He was “the new guy” for so long that when his family finally settled down in one place, he tried hard to fit in. Kevin stole money from his mom’s wallet and bought himself new clothes and new friends. Kevin got a girlfriend, too. They were the “it” couple in school. They only did it once. Kevin found out he got his girlfriend pregnant today.

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

Mark got locked up in juvi today. Mark is a ten year old boy. He has messy black hair, gray eyes, and a button nose. He also had a lot of bruises, some cigarette burns on his arms, and a black eye. Mark’s stepfather beats him up. His mom never stops him. She even contributes to his collection sometimes. She also did the burns. Mark never cries. What he does is get drunk and high with his friends behind the dumpster. A while ago, they hijacked a van in front of a 7 eleven and were caught by a few cops taking a break. They were searched and were caught with marijuana and cocaine they stole from their dealer. Mark’s parents never went to the police station when they called them up. Mark got locked up in juvi today.

“How are you?”

“Fine.”

They’re all fine. Fine, just fine.
Sign up to rate and review this story