Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Kenny's Call

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

At Maxwell's Kimmy receives a call from her father.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-03-31 - Updated: 2008-04-01 - 1082 words - Complete

0Unrated
Third Person POV

Gerard grabbed the mic, “I want to thank you all for coming out here tonight, it’s been sooo long since we’ve played I hope you enjoy the show.”

Someone yelled out “Where’s Bryar?”

“Good question, if you find him let us know.”

Gerard walked to the drum kit and whispered to Michael, “Are you ready?”

Michael started the highhat and then Frankie and Mikey came in with a strum, while Ray played his part.

“I hope you remember this one, ‘Thank You for the Venom’.”

They stood there in amazement of Ray’s playing during his solo. By the end the crowd was going wild. Gerard smiled at Ray much like he did that first night all those years ago.

Next on the agenda was “How I Disappear”, this is their Bob song because without Sam, the Bob they had known disappeared.

“This is a song from our first album, “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.” It was Headfirst for Halos. Halfway through the set Kimmy’s phone rang. “This better be important,” she mumbled under her breath. It was her dad.

She made her way outside so she could hear better. “Hey Dad what’s up?”

“Is Mary with you?”

“Where else would she be, roaming the streets of New York by herself?”

“I mean next to you?”

“No she’s inside having a good time.”

“Good because her dad was in a really bad accident. I don’t know all the details, just that there were some fatalities.”

“No. Is he?”

“I don’t know hun, I’m heading to the hospital now. Don’t tell Mary until I know anything definitive.”

“Sure dad.”

Kimmy walked back in shocked and slammed right into Donny who was carrying drinks for Mary and Frankie.

“Hey watch where you’re going?”

Kimmy just burst in tears. Bob was like a second dad to her, especially growing up.

“Kim, I’m sorry I didn’t know it was you? What’s the matter?”

“I just found out Mary’s dad was in a really bad accident and we don’t know if he’s dead or alive.”

“Woah. Whatever you need me to do.”

“My dad told me not to say anything to Mary, but she has the right to know. I don’t want to keep any more secrets from her.”

“Any more?”

“She found out that her mother and my dad dated and then her aunt had a heart and lung transplant. I think there was something else but she hasn’t told me yet.”

“Let’s go find her and then I’ll take you guys home.”

“I have my car.”

“You’re in no condition to drive. Give me your keys and I’ll drive. I’ll have Frankie or Michael come and get me.”

Kimmy made her way to the crowd and in the third row was Mary. “Mary come on we gotta go.”

“Why we’re having a good time.”

“Your dad was in a really bad accident.”

“Oh my god.”

That’s all Mary had to hear. Michael looked up to see Mary and Kimmy hugging and crying. He just wanted to finish the set and make see what was going on. They had three more songs, including Welcome to the Black Parade, which was going to be a bitch. Now he was worried about the girl he had just met and probably was falling for. He bet Bryar never had to deal with this shit. He never really wanted to play with the band he did it because his father begged him to. He really wanted his own band with guys his own age, playing their own music. But here he was playing songs that were over twenty years old to a crowd for the most part that were in their middle ages. Of course he would have never met that girl, who was now rushing out with Kimmy and Donny. He wondered where they had gone.

The set was finally over despite his few mess ups during WTTBP. Gerard and Frank went looking for Kimmy but she was nowhere to be found.

Frankie came up to the band.

“Hey Michael, want to picke up Donny at Kimmy’s?”

“Where’s Kimmy?” asked Frank.

“Her friend’s Dad got into a bad car accident. They actually don’t know if he made it.”

“Fuck,” said Gerard.

“Michael you and Frankie find out what’s going on. Find out what hospital he’s in so we can send him a get well present, and we still want him to do our website no matter how long we have to wait,”
said Frank.

“Dad I was planning on getting a ride home from Nikki over there.”

“I thought you liked Anjelica?”

“I do, but she says no every time I ask her out.”

“She really does like you.”

“Yeah right, who spread that rumor?”

“Ray.”

“Oh.”

“We’re just going out for breakfast anyway.”

“Maybe we’ll see you there.”

“Michael, we’ll break the drumkit down. You go ahead and see how Kimmy’s friend is. You have her address?”

“Yeah.”

A half hour later the doorman was buzzing the penthouse checking to to see if they would allow Michael in.

When he got there Donny was holding Kimmy’s hand as she was rubbing Mary’s back, who was sobbing. Michael went over to Mary and and squatted in front of her. He took her hands in his “He’ll be okay.” She put her arms around his neck and held him. The four jumped when the phone rang.

Kimmy looked at the caller id and there was an unfamiliar California number. Kimmy decided to put it on speaker phone as she didn’t want Mary to hear bad news alone.

“Hello,” said a shaken Kimmy.

“Kim is Mary there?”

“She’s right here.”

“Daddy!!!”

“Princess, I was an accident on the way home from the airport. I’m okay so don’t worry your pretty little head and have fun with KImmy. What did you do for your birthday?”

“I went to a club and met a boy,” she smiled at Micheal.

“Honey, you know you’re coming home in three weeks.”

“I know.”

“I gotta go, they want to run more tests. I hate fucking hospitals.”

“Bye Daddy take care.”

“You too.”

Michael gave Donny a quizzical look. Donny just shook his head. They were thinking the same thing, they heard that voice before.
Sign up to rate and review this story