Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

by Jess21 3 reviews

...but Gerard might.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-01 - Updated: 2008-04-01 - 1472 words

1Insightful
Gerard drew a sharp breath as he walked along the dark footpath. Fucking user, he thought sourly. He’d turned up at a party a few hours ago, and was having a great time; until he went out the front, searching for Frank and Mikey, and saw his girlfriend slip her tongue into Frank’s mouth. Frank pushed her away almost immediately, but Gerard had seen enough. He left the party, fuming and muttering curses. “She’ll get what’s coming to her,” he jeered venomously.

He walked through the park, shivering as a bitter breeze blew against his body. Gerard dug his gloved hands into his coat pockets. Something wasn’t right about the park tonight. Usually, squirrels ran up and down tree trunks, and owls hooted you as you walked by, their large yellow eyes staring you down. But not tonight. Everything was dead still. Dead. Still.

Gerard was too infuriated to notice. He stormed onwards, his feet scuffing against the concrete the only sound. It echoed through the abandoned park, making it appear even emptier. His feet carried on moving, though he wanted to freeze. Just stop time, stop everything, and let it sink in. But he continued to walk sub-consciously, the curses kept rolling off his tongue and his heart continued beating rapidly. His feet’s swishing through the leaves drowned out the sound of a stranger’s growling breaths. Gerard’s voiced profanities over-ruled the stranger’s peculiar language that was lost to the centuries. The stranger’s hisses and foreign words, that were unknown to man. There was a pounding impulse that travelled through the stranger’s body, symbolising it was midnight; time to strike. The stranger seemed to be nothing more than a supernatural fog that floated gracefully through the air, halting just metres away from her prey. The mist suddenly flew together, forming a shapely woman, before materialising. She could hear his heart pounding in her ears like a pounding drum. The scent of his blood filled her lungs. Her eyes studied him clearly though it was nearly pitch black. Her mouth watered at the taste of fresh young blood that she so desperately craved…

Something wasn’t right about the park tonight. Gerard began to sense something eerie about the tranquillity of it all. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. His pace was unhurried, as he started to examine the landscape before him, as though he was looking for the source of the serenity.

The stranger loomed towards the young man, placing a soft fingertip on his shoulder. He quickly turned on his heel, arms raised and ready for a battle. He lowered them when he saw the woman. She smiled, warmly yet rather disturbingly.

The adolescent boy let out a relieved sigh. “Don’t do that lady. God, you scared me to death!” he clutched his heart.

His heart was beating in her ears even faster. “My deepest apologies,” she said in an elegant tone. Her eyes drifted towards his heart. She could almost view it clearly through his jacket. She returned to his face. His pace skin nearly glowed in the darkness, jet black hair emanating from the top of his skull. Could he already be a vampire? She pondered it for a moment. But she knew he wasn’t. The throbbing of his heart indicated otherwise.

“Uh, can I help you?” asked the young man, his breathing becoming steadier.

“If you would be so kind. I need directions,” the stranger recited, staring into his hazel eyes, as if she were reading his soul.

“Where do you need directions to?” prompted Gerard.

“69 Salter Place,” her eyes narrowing, and a smirk flickering across her face at the boy’s expression.

He took a few steps backwards. “No, I don’t know where that is, sorry,” he said quickly. He turned and started running, leaving the stranger standing in the middle of the park. It’s not every day that someone you’ve never met before asks for directions to your house. He didn’t know who she was, or how she knew where he lived, but he didn’t care. He just bolted. But, it seemed the faster he ran, the further away his house was, like a path stretching on forever. Gerard’s veins were practically exploding with adrenaline.

The stranger remained where she was, eyeing the boy as he ran down the winding trail. She sighed deeply. She was hoping to get this over with in a few minutes, but it looked like there’d be a chase. “Mortals. How they sicken me,” the stranger said with disgust. She relaxed all her muscles, her mind completely blank except for her destination. A cloud of smoke arose around her, consuming her. The stranger closed her eyes, focusing on an area just down the path where the terrified boy was approaching. There was a gust of wind, and when she opened her eyes, she was standing just metres in front of the man, feeling drained. Telepathy, how she hated it.

Gerard felt his legs pumping, harder and harder, his breath ragged. He glanced over his shoulder. The woman was gone. He returned his gaze to where he was heading and stared straight into the stranger’s eyes. “Boo,” she hissed, taunting him. He yelped in fright, shuffling backwards as she advanced on him. He lost his footing, falling to the ground. He continued to scramble backwards, feebly. She progressed forward, slowly, staring into his hazel eyes, watching him tremble like an abandoned puppy. His hands rustled the leaves as he jostled away from the stranger. His heart was pumping furiously, his brain screaming at him to distract her and run. Gerard’s eyes flickered as an idea came to his mind. He stopped moving, letting the stranger glide forward, towards him. She stood over him. Now! His brain yelled. Gerard drew his legs back, and then kicked the stranger with all his might in, what he hoped, was her leg. She stumbled backwards, clutching her leg that was concealed behind her long, black and red dress.
Gerard didn’t hesitate; he struggled to climb to his feet, before running in the opposite direction of the stranger; another attempt to escape.

“One hundred and ninety-nine years of this and humans are none the wiser,” smirked the stranger. Mortals didn’t know that vampires were nothing like them. Something that could kill a human would only scratch a vampire. But they still used the same old tactics. She examined her dress. There was a faint foot print where she had been kicked. The stranger didn’t like that very much. This was her favourite dress, as it had been for the past 199 years. She watched the boy look over his shoulder at her. She was growing tired of the games. She was hungry, irritated and wasn’t in the mood to mess with his head. She slithered towards him, her feet brushing against the dead leaves that blanketed the ground.

Gerard glimpsed over his shoulder for the hundredth time. She was advancing on him in a ghostly manner, as though she were gliding. He continued running, but it was pointless. He felt a sharp pain in his stomach as he was tackled to the ground. His face lay in the leaves, hair strewn across his face. Two rough hands tossed him onto his back. He stared through his bangs at the stranger. She sat on his stomach, her talon-like claws pinning him to the ground. He tried to wriggle free but she was incredibly strong. A smile played across her face as he attempted to roll out from under her, unsuccessfully. “Keep still and this won’t hurt…as much,” she added, extending her canine teeth. She opened her mouth wide, baring her pointed teeth.

Gerard nearly screamed in horror, but his voice was stuck in his throat. Her, now raspy, words ricocheted through his ears. Before Gerard could comprehend what was happening, she lowered her mouth to his neck, digging her canines into his flesh. Gerard shrieked and wailed in pain. It felt as if two large, jagged needles were being driven into his veins. As razor-sharp white teeth ripped into his neck, he saw several dark figures in the distance yelling his name. Gerard wanted to respond, but the stranger seemed to have drained his voice, as well as his blood. The stranger suddenly withdrew herself, sending an annoyed look at Gerard’s approaching friends, blood dripping from the corner of her mouth. The last thing Gerard saw was a small black bat, flapping its wings furiously, against the silver moon in the background. Gerard laid there, his pale skin even whiter, his lips slightly parted, and his eyes staring vacantly at the night sky.
Sign up to rate and review this story