Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreams of broken Angels....

Dreams of broken Angels....

by hisladysorrows 4 reviews

Summer was a small town girl just like me and you. She was raised by two loving parent's till they were killed in a murder. She was sent off to live with Her Aunt Flora, and in the best words descr...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-03-31 - Updated: 2008-04-01 - 2697 words

2Moving
The sun was bright and the grass freshly cut. My window was open and I could feel a small breeze coming through. The trailer was sweltering and I didn’t want to wake up. I was having a good dream. It was the same dream I’ve been having for a couple months now.
It was this figure. It looked like a young man. All I know is that I felt good when he held me. He would hold me tight and hum a tune to me. I could never make out his face. But I could see his hair color and skin. He was pale and he had black hair. But other than that I never knew who he was.
Every once and a while a different guy would sit with me. But he was different looking. He would never tell me his name. Just talk to me and that was all. He was pale and skinny. He had black hair as well. I would get confused, I didn’t know if it was the same guy as the night before or a different one. All I know is that I felt safe. I felt like I belong. “SUMMER” below the screeching call.
The beast had awoken. When I was young my mother and father were killed in an awful murder. All I know it that the person chopped their body up and left them for my family to find. I got place with my great aunt flora. She never liked me. My grandmother couldn’t take me cause she began to have Alzheimer’s. The poor woman. Aunt flora always thought my mother and father were suckering money out of her.
When I was born she told the priest that I was a demon child and I came from hell to torment everyone. I know I’m no such thing. I believe there is a god and he will help me find a way out of this hell. My door slams open. I feel her hot breath on my face. She grabs me by my hair and drags me out of bed. “What did I tell you, you are up by dawn and to start your chores” she smacks me and drops me on the floor. She throws a bucket of filthy water and a mop at me. “Get to work… NOW” she screams and walks off. I don’t say anything. I rub my cheek I feel the warm welt of her hand on my cheek. I don’t shed a tear anymore; I just take deep breaths and get on with what she wants me to do. I start moping the floor. I can smell her damn strawberry cigarettes from in the kitchen. It was about noon so she was in the living room. She would sit in that old regally chair and smoke her strawberry cigarettes and watch her soap operas. I never got what was so damn special about them.
They were just a bunch of dumb actors telling the same story over and over again. Someone’s kidnapped, someone’s dying, and someone’s cheating blah blah blah. It was stupid and I hated it. She coughed her normal wheezing cough. I’m going to get out of here. One way or another I'm going to leave this place. I know she has 500 dollars in her jewelry chest. And I’ll get it. Ill figure a way out. I finished mopping the floor. I grabbed some food out of the fridge and began to cook. She gets worse than she is now if she doesn’t have her lunch by 1o’clock. I finished cooking up her meal and took it out to her in the living room. “Finally you get done cooking my lunch, you ungrateful brat,” she said with a sneer. “You probably poisoned it,” she said taking her fork and digging through it. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the keys. It was time for me to go get the mail. I took my time when I walked down there. I didn’t to go outside but once a day to get the mail. So I walked slowly. It was nice. The flowers smelled beautiful. The sky was pure blue. I loved every second of it. I grabbed the mail out of the mailbox. I always went through it to see if someone out there knew I was still alive. I saw a small white envelope. It was saying that my aunt flora was cordially invited. This was my chance. I walked a little faster back to the house. I walked in and put the keys back up on the hook. I handed her the mail and sat on the couch for a moment. “What the hell do you think your doing, get the hell of my couch and get back in your room,” she said with out skipping a beat. I walked back to my room and laid down on what she called a “bed”. I heard flora walking towards my door. She swung it open. “I’m leaving for the night, if you leave your room and I find out you won’t be sitting straight for weeks,” she said making a fist at me. I gulped and shook my head yes. If I acted like I feared her somewhat she would be pleased. She slammed my door closed and I hear her walk away.
I laid on my bed and waited till I heard her piece of shit car drive away. About 30 minuets later I heard her car start up and drive away. Here was my chance. I found a small duffle bag and grabbed what she called “Clothes”. I through them in the bag without a moment to spare. I picked the lock to her room. When the door opened it smelt of strawberry cigarettes and cat piss. I couldn’t stand it. I went to the jewelry chest and opened up. Third drawer down… Bingo. There laid the 500 dollars. Sorry aunty but I’m blowing this joint. I didn’t care if she knew I left or not. I didn’t care if she knew I was in her room. Here in about 10 minuets I was going to be gone out of her life with a care in the whole damn world. I took all five one hundreds and was out her door. I flipped the bag on my back and took a quick glance at myself in the mirror. My face was place and black and blue. From where she smacked me. My arms had various bruises. I took a deep breath and walked away. Soon enough I would be away from all this pain and shit she’s put me through. I swung the front door open and kicked the screen door open out of my way. I was ready to go. I walked out the door and off the porch. I felt good. I saw one of the neighbors watching me. I didn’t care. I flipped her the bird and kept on walking. Oh bag did nothing to help me. She knew that she was beating the living shit out of me. But did she ever give a damn enough to save me. Hell no. She just let me rot live I was nothing at all. I reached the end of the trailer park and decided to find the bus station. It was about five miles west of the damn trailer park. I walked along the street. The stars were beginning to shine now. And the streetlights were just popping on. I walked underneath them. It felt weird to finally be free. Wow… free how good it feels to be able to say that. Now that I don’t have that wretched old bag on my shoulders screaming and ordering me around. I walked a little happier. I strutted just a little softer. And I finally found a smile upon my face. I couldn’t help it.
It felt unreal to know that I was actually free and away from her demise. I hummed the tune the man in my dreams had hummed to me. It felt safe. I looked at the sign ahead of me. 1 mile to bus station. Wow I didn’t think I had walked that far so quickly. I kept on humming and walking. Before I knew it. There I was standing outside that huge building. The Bus station. I walked in and saw so many people standing around reading a sign. I saw a woman behind a desk and decided to try my luck with her. I walked up to the desk. “Hi there, how may I help you?” she asked politely. I felt like a human being. I knew where I wanted to go. I had been there when I was little. It was beautiful and perfect. I wanted to go to Colorado. It was where I was meant to be. “Yes, I need a ticket for the next bus to Colorado” I said softly. The lady smiled. She typed quickly away on her keyboard. I heard the printer starting to print. “That will be $50.00 dollars” the woman winked. I smiled softly wondering why it was so cheap. I didn’t want to jinx it. So I just went with it. I handed the woman over a hundred-dollar bill. She gave me back 50 dollars and a ticket and told me to have a safe and happy ride. I smiled and said thank you. I read the ticket. And looked at the time. I needed to board my bus now. There was a door with an electronic sign above it. It read “Colorado”. There was my exit to a new life. I saw a bunch of old people going through the exit. Older couples holding hands and kissing each other on the cheek. It was perfect.
I walked through the door way slowly behind the people. They got on the bus one by one. I was the last one on. I got on and they smiled and stared. I didn’t know where to sit. There was a little old woman in the back. “Darling, you can sit by me, I swear I don’t bite,” she said waving me back and smiling. I smiled back and walked down the isle. The old ladies were talking to the older men. Just gabbing away. I reached the back of the bus and put my bag in an apartment above me. “Name’s Dory numb, but you can call me numy,” she said with a smile. I smiled back. “I.i’m summer” I said softly while looking at her. She smiled and gave me a big hug. “Well it’s awful nice to meet you summer”. “So tell numy, what brings you with all us old fogies to Colorado”? She asked questionably.
I looked down just remembering all the screaming and smacking and beatings that old hag laid upon me. “I had to get away from here,” I said still starring at the floor. “Just can’t stand this place anymore”? “Yea something like that” I said softly back. The old lady brushed my black hair out of my face. She was token in by what she saw. “My lord child, who shelled out these wicked marks on you” she said softly brushing her hand across my cheek. “That’s the reason I had to leave,” I said looking up at her almost in tears. “Who did this to you” she asked again. “My aunt flora” I said shaking. She covered her mouth and shook her head. “I’ll take care of you,” she said putting my hair behind my ear. I looked up at her strangely. She smiled and too make me laugh pushed her dentures out and wiggled them up and down. “I have a bank account full of money, and nothing to with it, so you will be my thing to spend my money on” she said smiling. “Me.” I whispered looking at her. “Yes you, I don’t see any other young girl, on this bus sitting next to me”! I smiled. I wanted to hug her but I was too afraid of rejection. She must have seen it in my eyes. She leaned over and held both arms out. I leaned into her and let her wrap her arms around me. I didn’t want to move. I was comfortable and felt safe for once in my life. She didn’t make me. The streetlights passed outside the window. It seemed beautiful to watch the world go by through the window. Like a little tinted world. My eyes felt heavy. It didn’t help that numy kept stroking my hair while I rested on her. I finally couldn’t hold my eyes open anymore. I soon fell asleep. I’m in that dream again. But this time we were sitting by a pond. He has his arm around me and is humming that same tune again. I feel calm. “Will meet soon,” he whispers. He talked to me! For the first time I know what his voice sounds like. It’s beautiful. So light but yet strong. “When, when will I meet you?” I said softly back to him. “It’s time to wake up darling,” he said to me. I looked up to his blurry reflection. “It’s time to wake up darling” came a woman’s voice. I sit up and wipe my eyes. Numy smiled at me. “You fell asleep on my lap last night and couldn’t move such a precious child so I just let you sleep” she said smiling. With a half awake smile I smiled back. “You’ll be happy to know we only have two more miles and will be to Colorado,” she said happily. I couldn’t believe it. I escaped her wrath.
Aunt flora was officially out of my life. “Now when we get to the bus station were going to catch a cab to the hotel, and once we go to the hotel, I want you to take a nice long hot shower and relax and after that I’m sure will figure something out to do, sound good”? “Yes, it sounds amazing numy” I said happily. The bus stopped and I grabbed both our luggage. Her’s felt like she had a sink in it. But it didn’t bother me any. I walked off the bus and numy soon followed. The bus pulled away. I soon heard a loud whistle. It was numb hailing a taxi. For being an old lady she does sure have a pair of lungs on her. A taxi drove over to us and parked. A man got our and popped the trunk. He loaded up our luggage and opened the door for us. “Now this is what I call service” said numy getting in the car. She got in and patted the seat next to her for me to get in. I got in the car. Numy told the man where to go. It was beautiful just to watch the scenery. The mountains so tall and beautiful. I couldn’t believe it. We pulled up to this huge hotel. I looked like the one from the shinning. I’m pretty sure it was the one. I had only scene that movie twice but I remembered every word and every scene. Numy got out of the car. I sat there for a second taking this all in. I couldn’t believe this was real. But it was. And I loved it. I got out of the car and grabbed the luggage. The man told numy the total. I pulled out my money to pay him just because I wanted to be nice. Numy took the money out of my hand and shoved it back in my pocket. “Your money is no good hear, I won’t let you spend it, you save that to buy yourself something nice, otherwise if you need something just ask me for money” she smiled and ran her hand across my face again. I felt so secure...
Sign up to rate and review this story