Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Secrets Make Don't Make Friends

Don't Like Planes

by wheresyourheart 2 reviews

Frank's leaving soon.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-06 - Updated: 2008-04-06 - 577 words

0Unrated
This takes place around the forming of MCR.
And I don't care if Frank and Jamia weren't together back then. :)
____________________






There are three steps that will creak and play snitch--- If I let them. Which is why I skip them. It's just the third one, the ninth one and the tenth one (which has proven difficult on occasion, especially when I'm sneaking in late and drunk.)

But this wasn't one of those times. It was a simple as softly stepping on all the stairs except for the third, ninth and tenth, then staying towards the wall as I make my way to Jamia, breathing softly as she sleeps.

As I sit at the edge of the bed, it creaks softly. Jamia's eyes flutter. "Hun?"

I smile at her, though it's dark and she can't see well enoug. "Yes?"

"Are you just getting in?" she asks. I feel her move on the bed, probably to look at the clock. I don't have to look, because I already know that it's 2:17 am.

"No, I just had to get a drink," I tell her. She settles back under her covers. The way she sighs breaks my heart. "Good night," I whisper, as I get into bed, wearing my sweatpants. I pull off my sweatshirt and toss it in the direction of the desk. Just five more hours, and I'll be boarding a plane for New Jersey, where I'll be scared shitless.

I hate planes.


_________________
"Goodbye," Jamia says. Her mouth forms a forced smile. "And good luck."

"Thanks. I'll call you," I say, hugging her, then make my way through security check. As soon as I'm through, I turn to wave, but she's gone. So I walk towards the airport bar. Yes, the one with all the cheap liquer that always makes me sick. At a time like this, you would do anything to take the edge off boarding a plane only five months after September 11.

"What can I get you?" the woman behind the counter asks. Her skin is a very annoying shade, one that only comes from hours upon hours of laying in a tanning bed. Her hair is blonde, wavy. A step under out of control. Something suitable for a toy poodle, maybe.

I think for a minute. What do I even want, really? "I'll have a ah...." Shrugging, I add, "Just get me anything."

She nods, and with no other costumers around, gets right to it as I fiddle around with a napkin.

"Here you go," she says, setting in front of my a small glass filled with a dark drink and a few blueberries floating. Not my drink of choice.

Leaning down on the table, she states, "somethings wrong with you, huh?"

I contemplate telling her that I was absolutely fine, then figure maybe she could cheer me up. "Yep."

She nods. "It could be one of two things..." I wait, and after a moment she continues. "A fear of planes, or a girl."

Right on the dot, I want to confirm that it was both, but instead I mumble, "sure."

"So both." She says to herself.

"Flight 227, now boarding," a crackly voice on the intercom says. I stand, grab my bag, and walk to the counter where a man wearing a bored expression stands, leaving the over-tanned bartender and the mystery drink behind.









____________________
So tell me what you think.
I have chapters already typed up, too. Just didn't want to type them all at once.
Sign up to rate and review this story