Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

One and Lonely

by UmbrellaPANSY 1 review

Oaklee Cane had mastered the art of leaving people and forgetting them.That was until one of them come back to her.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-04-11 - Updated: 2008-04-12 - 794 words

0Unrated
"Oaklee, get up!" Her roommate had failed to set the clock as always, but she had a notion that it wouldn’t have worked anyway. Oaklee emerged from a sea of blankets with a bed hair and smeared make-up.
"What time is it anyway?" she asked calmly.
Her roommate shook her head. "Its eleven and your go see is at twelve."
Oaklee laughed. "Quite being so antsy, I'm the one who should be worried."
Her lips pressed together tightly, she wanted to tell her lateness is not cute but as always she held her tongue. "Well, your clothes are folded in the bathroom and there's a towel for the shower."
"Who said I was going to shower." Oaklee retorted. "I'm on the run." Laughing, Oaklee tip toed to the bathroom in the silly way she always did.
Her roommate followed her then stopped at the door fame of the bathroom.
"Do you even care anymore?." Oaklee looked at her strangely then smiled coldly. "Remy, I don't care. I've been doing this so long, I've got a degree in faking it. I'd hate for you to worry about me." She shut the door behind her.

Oaklee clearly knew the dress code of the agency, when she walked in everyone in the office gave her looks.
She slammed her bag down on the counter of the front desk. The receptionist was an olive-skinned man with an expensive looking suit and gelled hair. When he stood up Oaklee almost fainted, he reeked of alcohol and cheap aftershave. Obviously someone partied a little too late….or early. A grin spread across his meaty face when he realized it was Oaklee. "Come to see babe?" Instead of it sounding like "babe", it came out like "Bob". She couldn't help but laugh at him.
"No. Tony I never come to just see you." He slid his palm over hers and leaned closer towards her. "How 'bout you come ova' an do me a favor tonight? I'll pay you in advance." She whispered back. "Fuck off. I'm sure there are some puking models in the back. Use them as your whores." Tony sat back down in his chair without looking at Oaklee. He buzzed her through, but before she left was quick to make a snide comment. "Next time you come to see your agent try not to look so middle class!" Shaking her head she opened the door to her agent's office. She thought to herself that will be the last time she will have to deal with that.

"I don't understand why you're in sweats and a hoodie, but I'll try to look past that. Take off your sunglasses please." Oaklee looked at him; hurt. When she removed the sunglasses a swollen eye was visible, she quickly looked away from him. When her eyes fell on a picture of his wife she almost vomited. "Oak, just look at me. Mistakes happen, I'm sorry."
The tone of his voice was not a sorry one. "Mistakes do happen, what we've been doing is one of them. We both overstepped the boundary and I won't go along with it anymore!" Oaklee learned the hard way; never sleep with your boss, especially if he's married.
"Please don't leave me Oak…" He was pleading and she couldn't believe it.
"My name is Oaklee not Oak and I really didn't come here to converse about "us". That is something you won't have to worry about anymore."
His face grew red and he slammed his fists on his keyboard. "If there isn't anymore of what you were giving me then I can't give you anything anymore either."
She stood up and started to throw things out of her purse; a key, a contract, and check. He ripped up her contract and that’s when she took off. She actually felt alive. Oaklee ran as fast as her legs would go, she ran all the way to the elevators. She was now heaving from the run; there was a tap on her shoulder. It hit her…You know the memories that you put away safely? The ones you were should you had put out for good? The ones that if they ever came back it would seize you with spasms. Well, it came back and it was in the form of a human.
Oaklee's voice wavered. "How did you find me?" He shook his head robotically but answered wholeheartedly. "Oak Bee, I started looking as soon as you walked away." With a nervous reaction she quickly grasped him in a hug with stiff arms, he squeezed her tightly. Soon she was completely melted within him. She simply whispered. "Gerard, we can't."


Tell me what you think.
I like all comments, good or bad.
Thank you for reading.
: )
Sign up to rate and review this story