Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Life You Created

Small Truths

by Moonshyne 0 reviews

Mary finds out about some secrets, one that even Bob doesn't know.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-04-15 - Updated: 2008-04-15 - 666 words - Complete

0Unrated
Everyone else went upstairs while Ray held Mary for twenty minutes. The look on Michael’s face was pure agony. He wondered what the hell was going on and why was Mary so upset?

Gerard approached Michael, “How’s Mary?”

“She’s really upset. What’s going on?”

“She just had a dose of reality. Bob Bryar is her father.”

“You all knew this and didn’t tell me?”

“Not until you introduced us. She looks just like her mother and has Bob’s eyes. All four of us instantly recognized her.”

“So that’s why you were all staring.”

“Yeah.”

“I’m going to go down there and see what I can do?”

“Don’t. She and Ray need some time together alone.”

“Why’s that?”

“He’s her godfather.”


Ray held onto Mary for twenty minutes, she just cried. Finally she wiped her eyes and lookd up at him.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Anything.”

“When you were at my aunt’s house…”

“You knew about that?”

“I knocked but there was no answer so I walked in and I heard voices.”

“How much?”

“That you’ve been leaving me gifts and letters and my dad has returned them all. They you tried numerous times to apologize but they seemed to be falling on deaf ears, that I had the right to know something. What is it Ray? What do I need to know?”

Ray kissed the top of her forehead, then looked into her eyes,”I’m your godfather.”

Mary took a white gold cross out from behind her shirt and smiled, “So you’re the one who gave me this?”

Ray smiled he couldn’t believe Bob gave that to her. He gave it to her as a gift on her christening to wear for her confirmation.

“Yeah.”

“My dad told me my godfather gave it to me. When I pressed him about it he said that he had died a few months after my mom did. Yet here you stand another lie.”

“Probably to your father I was dead, or he wishes I was.”

“What happened?”

“Your father really should be telling you this.”

“I don’t know if I can believe what comes out of his mouth.”

“Mary know that your father loves you very much and was maybe trying to protect you or himself. I will tell you this. Me, Gerard, Frankie and Mikey let him down badly. He was somewhere in his life that he needed us the most and we turned our backs on him.”

“I’m just so confused.”

“I think there’s only one person who can really make you feel better.”

“I don’t want to talk to him.”

When her phone rang she jumped a mile. She looked at the caller ID. “It’s my dad. I really don’t want to talk to him.”

“You’re going to have to eventually. Let me talk to him instead.”
She handed the phone over to him.

“Hello.”

“Who’s this?” asked the voice on the other side.

“Bob, it’s Ray.”

“What the fuck are you doing with Mary’s phone?”

“Calm down Bob. Mary’s really upset and doesn’t want to talk to you right now. You two need to talk face to face. I suggest you take the first flight out here.”

“What have you told her Toro?”

“More than you have Bob. Call her phone when you get to the airport. We’ll pick you up.”

With that Ray hung up and shut the phone off.

“Let’s go upstairs, I’m sure Michael is worried sick about you.”

“Okay.”

When they got upstairs there had been a new arrival. Mary stood there in shock at the new guest. He had the same blonde hair and blue eyes as the images she had just seen on the television downstairs.

Ray swallowed hard he was hoping to get out of this, but what the hell.

“Mary meet your older brother Nate.”
Sign up to rate and review this story