Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book VII

Chapter 01: The Dragon's Brew

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

The seventh and final book in the series. Old enemies, new enemies, and a dangerous force that puts all of humanity in peril. On top of that, the most dangerous enemy of Harry may be himself. Cross...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Lily,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-04-13 - Updated: 2008-04-17 - 5793 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter One: The Dragon’s Brew:

Narcissa Malfoy walked down a winding, dark stone corridor, an apprehensive look etched on her normally confident and self assured face. She had been summoned to stand before the Dark Lord. Weeks previously, her son, Draco had gone missing and it did not take much to tie the Dark Lord’s request for a meeting together with that fact. Raising her hand, Narcissa calmly knocked three times on the wooden door leading to the Dark Lord’s office.

“Enter,” prompted Voldemort softly from the inside of the office, and Narcissa hastened in obeying, pushing the door open, before she knelt down before the Dark Lord. “To your feet Narcissa.”

Narcissa once again did as she was told, as the Dark Lord surveyed her through narrowing red eyes. Also, she noticed her sister, Bellatrix, standing by the Dark Lord’s side, her scarred face covered with a rubber mask and her wand arm replaced by a steel prosthetic after the Mudblood had sliced her arm off in the battle.

“What do you wish of me, my Lord?” asked Narcissa.

“Narcissa, your son has been missing for nearly a month now,” responded Voldemort calmly. “He has deserted his master and betrayed our cause. I cannot allow this transgression to go unpunished.”

“My Lord, I beg of you, I have no idea where Draco has gone off to,” replied Narcissa who was telling the truth and also extremely worried, her son had made many enemies with his attempted murder of Harry Potter and if anyone had caught up to Draco, she shuddered to think of what would happen.

“I sense no signs of deception, Narcissa,” remarked Voldemort calmly. “Your son’s disappearance remains much as a mystery to you as it does to the rest of us. Yet, all loose ends must be tied up before those worthy seize control of Britain. After Oroku Saki’s treachery, everything must be restructured and Draco must be sufficiently punished for his crimes.”

Voldemort paused and looked at Narcissa with a calculating look on his face.

“Someone must pay for his crimes and pay they will,” continued Voldemort in an absolute chilling tone. “I still have a use for Lucius but Narcissa, you are quite expendable.”

“You’re going to kill me, my Lord?” asked Narcissa fearfully, as she was petrified, unable to move but the Dark Lord responded with a cold, high laugh.

“No, Narcissa, I am not going to kill you,” said Voldemort softly before he turned his head slightly. “Bella will.”

“My Lord?” asked Bellatrix in a surprised, shocked voice, as she stepped forward.

“Bella let me make this clear, either you kill your sister or I’ll kill you,” ordered Voldemort in his most chilling voice and Bellatrix stepped forward, her legs shaking, as she awkwardly held her wand with her good arm. She looked at Narcissa for about ten seconds, with almost an apologetic look on her face.

“It has to be done, Narcissa,” remarked Bellatrix in a somber tone as she pointed her want at her sister. “Avada Kedavra.”

A green jet of light escaped Bellatrix’s wand and impacted Narcissa right in the chest. Narcissa thumped to the ground and was absolutely motionless. Bellatrix stepped back, having murdered her own sister on the orders of Lord Voldemort.

“You’ve done well Bellatrix, and now I shall forgive your little humiliation at the hands of the Mudblood during the trial siege of Hogwarts,” remarked Voldemort softly. “You have proven once again that you live to serve Lord Voldemort without question and will continue to serve, as long as you live.”

“Of course, my Lord,” said Bellatrix as she bowed as Voldemort waved her off with his hand dismissively and Bellatrix took it as her cue to leave.

New York City was always a bustling area, as it was truly a city that never slept, there was always some sort of activity. Unfortunately, many times, this activity had to do with crime, as there did seem to be a fair bit plaguing the city. Even after the Foot had dropped off the criminal map when the Shredder was killed three weeks previous, there were many others who had the ambition to pick up where the Foot left off. It didn’t really matter much in areas considering petty thievery and graffiti, those would always be around, but the Foot had lead with the grander scale heists along with most of the big time operations. A mysterious rash of criminal activity around the city, high stakes crimes, had left the city authorities completely baffled at who was behind it. The criminals were not small time operators, they were after big time technology targets like the government labs and top notch scientific research outfits.

Hailey Potter, in her guise as the vigilante named the Black Phantom, was as baffled at the origin of these high level crimes as the rest of the city, but that was more of her older brother Harry’s area of interest and up to his skill level. While Hailey was confident she improved her training, both magically and in ninjitsu, there were some things that Harry could handle with ease that she would fall flat on her face in doing. These thoughts ran through her mind, as she watched a pair of shady looking characters exit a van. Hailey looked down, not wanting to jump to any conclusions but the fact that one of the men had pulled out a crowbar to attempt to pry open the front door of a building clinched the fact they were not up to any good. Gracefully, Hailey jumped down, before she stepped in front of the two hoodlums who paused when they realized they had company.

“Now, boys, I think business hours are long over,” remarked Hailey but the two criminals turned to her, before they cracked their knuckles.

“Out of the way sweetheart, and let us conduct some business,” grunted one of the thugs.

“And maybe we can conduct some business at my place later,” added the second thug with a leer but Hailey calmly sprung up and cracked the thug in the mouth with a vicious punch, coupled with a slight wandless bone breaking hex. The criminal fell to the ground, nursing a broken jaw.

“You bitch, I’ll make you pay!” bellowed the first criminal as he raised his crowbar, attempting to club Hailey’s head in but she calmly withdrew a crossbow, before quickly loading it with an arrow. In the blink of an eye, she disarmed the crowbar wielding criminal and the criminal decided to turn tail and run but Hailey somersaulted in the air, before she landed in front of the criminal.

“Now it’s not nice to run out on a lady,” remarked Hailey, before she caught the thug off balance with a kick. Without another word, Hailey quickly bound two criminals together, leaving them gift wrapped for whenever the police had showed up.

Before Hailey could leave, she saw an armored truck speed by and she did a double take, she spotted Harry, hanging onto the back of the truck. Harry seemed to be in pursuit of someone, Merlin only knows who, as Harry had his share of enemies both in the Wizarding World and in the city of New York, even after the demise of the Shredder. She watched as a tattooed arm was stuck out the window and aimed what appeared to be a Federation laser blaster at Harry. A couple of blasts, and Harry lost his balance, before he flew off the back of the back of the truck. Hailey just barely suppressed her urge to scream, as the logical part of her brain reminded her that by showing way too much concern would blow her cover. As Ginny had once pointed out, the only reason that Harry had not put together the facts of her being the Black Phantom, is because Harry really had no reason to suspect her. So, carefully, as a concerned observer, as opposed to his sister, Hailey made her way over, even though the inside, she was scared to death that Harry had seriously injured himself when he was thrown off the back of the truck.

Harry shook the cobwebs, thankfully managing to brace the impact of his fall. With his brothers and Master Splinter suffering from injuries with their epic final battle with the Shredder, along with Ginny visiting the Burrow for the day, his mother once again following a lead on a Horcrux, hoping this one did not turn out to be a dead end and Hailey up in her room, doing homework as she prepared for her fourth year, Harry had to go it alone tonight to investigate these crimes. The first few hours had lead to nothing but Harry ran right into someone who was making off with an armored truck full of confiscated black market weaponry. It lead to Harry just managing to hitch a ride but the man who he was pursuing had in fact gave him the slip.

“Are you okay?” asked a voice.

“Fine, I just broke my fall with a cushioning….” explained Harry before he paused, as he turned around to see the Black Phantom standing right before him. “Oh it’s you, what are you doing out here?”

“I suppose I could ask the same for you, citizen,” replied the Black Phantom coolly in a slightly disguised voice, which earned her a stern look from Harry.

“If you must know, there has been a new, mysterious rash of criminal activity plaguing the city,” replied Harry in a testy voice. “I’ve been following it on the news, and I can’t really put my finger on who’s behind it at all.”

“What can I do to help?” asked the Black Phantom, even if she knew what the answer to the question already and knew she was not going to like it.

“You can go home and leave me to my work,” replied Harry swiftly. “Your attentions are admirable, but I can handle this myself, the last thing I want is someone to get in too over their head and get injured.”

“How many times do I need to help you to prove myself?” demanded the Black Phantom.

“If you want to prove yourself then perhaps you should remove that mask, to show your true face to me” replied Harry calmly and the Black Phantom stepped back, obviously having no desire to comply with that request.

“The disguise is merely a precaution, if anyone found out who I was, they would come after me and everyone I care about, even more so then they do now,” said the Black Phantom, perhaps saying a bit too much and Harry seemed to be mulling something over in his mind, conflicted a little bit perhaps, as Hailey averted her face slightly, avoiding Harry’s eyes. If Harry wanted to, he could use legilimency and find out exactly who the Black Phantom is.

“Fine, if you want to help me, you can, but you’ll going to follow everything I say, exactly,” said Harry in a firm voice, that left no room whatsoever for any argument, as he placed temporary Muggle repelling charms in the area around him . “Have I made myself clear?”

“Crystal, citizen,” replied the Black Phantom as she nodded up and down slowly, before Harry raised his wand. “Mind if I ask what we’re doing?”

“If I can magically pick up a trail from the truck tires, the person behind this can be easily traced,” replied Harry calmly, as he waved his wand a couple of times up and down, before tire tracks illuminated in a yellow shade on the road, as they appeared to turn down a side road, leading to a train station. “This way, but stick to the shadow and don’t draw attention to yourself.”

At said train station, a trio of very tough individuals boarded a train. They belonged to one of the most premier street gangs in all of New York City, the Purple Dragons. As a result of recent events, most prominently the end of the Foot, the Purple Dragons have moved up in the world slightly. They were shifting from being nothing but a two bit group of street punks into a legitimate mob organization, having been behind the great majority of the recent mysterious thefts. The trio boarded the train.

“So the boss says we’re going to score big on this heist,” said one of the members of the Purple Dragons.

“Hey, remember now, he doesn’t want to be called boss anymore, he wants us to call him Master,” replied a second member of the Purple Dragons as he started up the train as it began to rattle down the tracks, where further members of the Purple Dragons.

“I’ll call him anything he wants, as luck as he makes us rich,” added the third Purple Dragon in a calm voice, and with that sentiment, the other two Dragons nodded in agreement.

“Look that train is leaving the station,” remarked the Black Phantom, as she arrived at the station with Harry and Harry paused, before he crouched down, removing his Firebolt from his bag and stepped over it, looking from left to right to make sure the coast is clear.

“You stay here, keep a look out, signal me if anyone else shows up, but don’t confront them yourself until I arrive here,” said Harry firmly as he shot up like a cork, on his Firebolt, in an attempt to get closer to the train. The train did not appear to be all that fast which gave Harry all the more reason to believe that the cargo aboard the train was extremely valuable. There was little doubt in Harry’s mind that whomever was moving the cargo obviously did not want to attract any attention whatsoever.

A whirling of a helicopter nearby caused Harry to swerve behind a tree to get out of the way, as if to not be seen, at least until he had a better idea what they were up to. A large hook descended from the helicopter, fastening right one of the train cars before it was steadied. Harry leaned forward and he did a double take as he spotted exactly who was the pilot of the helicopter. Much to his shock, it was the once and apparently now, current leader of the Purple Dragons, the former right hand of Oroku Saki, the man mountain known as Hun, who had survived the attack of Foot Headquarters three weeks ago. While the American Wizarding Government had managed to recover the weakened but still alive form of Leatherhead from the rubble in Saki Manor, Hun was missing in action and it was the hope of Harry that he had seen the last of one of his oldest, fiercest rivals. Sadly, he was mistaken and it was obvious now who was behind the latest rash of criminal activity in New York.

“The cargo is secure, Master Hun,” informed one of the Purple Dragons who were stationed on the train from over the radio.

“Excellent, depart before you are seen and meet me back at headquarters,” replied Hun as he looked down, surveying the area, before he pulled up the cargo, leaving it dangle in the sky. “A perfect night for a heist, not a cloud in the sky, not to mention any cops or meddlesome wizards.”

“Do you think Potter is on to us, Master Hun?” inquired one of the Purple Dragons on the copter.

“Let the little freak try, along with the Turtles if they dare,” said Hun in a menacing tone as the helicopter lowered the cargo onto a waiting flat bed truck, that promptly drove off to Purple Dragons headquarters to unload. “We’ll be ready for them, but right now, I have bigger aspirations in mind. With the Shredder gone, it is my duty to raise the operations of the Purple Dragons to a whole new level in his absence and that’s what I will do, no one will stop us.”

In Washington DC, Agent Bishop was in the White House, having been summoned for a direct meeting with his boss, who just happened to be no less than the President of the United States himself. Bishop walked up to the President’s desk, as the Chief Executive Officer of the United States gazed at him from over his desk, eyes narrowed and Bishop just knew after the Oroku Saki fiasco, it was just a matter of time before he came under fire from the bureaucrats in Washington.

“Bishop, I’ve been running ragged for the past few weeks, in an attempt to put out the fire you started when you and your men, without my authorization, launched an air assault on Oroku Saki’s mansion!” yelled the President angrily. “Your reckless actions put the lives of two Representatives and a Senator in grave jeopardy, do you realize how many favors I’ve had to call in to prevent a crisis of epic magnitude?”

“Mr. President you must understand, there were circumstances, Oroku Saki is in fact an…” stated Bishop but the President wasn’t going to allow Bishop to explain his action.

“For quite some time, I’ve been extremely leery about your department, you were completely and utterly useless during the Triceraton Invasion two years ago,” continued the President. “You’ve done nothing to justify me not eliminating you entirely and this latest incident does nothing to help your cause. Within the next few weeks, your funding will be cut and the Earth Protection Force may cease to exist as a government sanctioned department. Your actions no longer justify the expense to the tax payers.”

“The Earth is in danger, my work must continue, Mr. President,” responded Bishop.

“Your work has caused nothing but scandal and outrage, putting more people in danger than it has helped,” countered the President. “Now, I suggest you leave my office now as my mind has been made up on this issue.”

Bishop left the President’s office in a towering mood, escorted by a pair of secret service agents to his limo. The President didn’t understand, he lacked the imagination to do what was necessary, to protect the Earth from invasion. The Earth Protection Force could not be shut down, there was no way, if it was, they might as well have rolled out the red carpet and welcomed the extra terrestrials into the world. Bishop entered this limo, these angry thoughts in his mind, as he was greeted by a rather frantic look etched on the face of one of subordinates.

“Sir, a situation has occurred,” muttered the subordinate. “If this gets out, it’ll be bad news.”

“That’s the last thing I need after what the President said,” said Bishop in a tired voice. “What is it?”

“One of our trains in New York were hijacked, and found intact, with the exception of the car containing T9581,” explained the subordinate.

“This is a piece of bad news,” remarked Bishop coolly. “We must do all we can to recover and destroy the cargo, because if word gets out about this experiment, the Earth Protection Force will have no future.”

The subordinate nodded, as he drove Bishop off to a government base so they could better search for T9581.

Hailey, still under the guise of the Black Phantom, followed Harry carefully up the side of the building. She wished she had brought her broomstick, this would be much easier but then again, it would be a tip off for her identity, as she was one of the only three non-professional player individuals on Earth to own a Firebolt. She copied Harry’s motion in peering through a half opened window, into the Purple Dragons headquarters. It was dimly lit, but it was not falling apart like one would think, the effects of selling hijacked weapons on the black obviously was apparent, as Harry used an Extendable Ear to get a better listen at what Hun was saying.

“My fellow Purple Dragons, I must congratulate you on another successful operation,” said Hun with a smug expression on his face. “The Shredder may be gone, but many of his tactics that he used to make the Foot the most feared criminal organization in the city will live on through me as I take the Purple Dragons to newer heights yet. Before long, we will be the top dogs in this city, no one can touch us. Now there is only one thing to do and see exactly what our latest government shipment has in it.”

On his signal, two Purple Dragons rolled out a large metallic crate into view, with “T9581” stamped on it, right in front of Hun as a third Purple Dragon approached it, with a crowbar in hand before he placed it inside, as the other two Purple Dragons held the crate steady. The crate slowly pried open, as Hun, along with the other Purple Dragons watched with glee.

“It’s always interesting opening up hijacked government shipments,” continued Hun. “It’s like Christmas morning, you never know what you’re going to get inside.”

At those words, the crate was pried open and white smoke billowed out. The Purple Dragons all backed off, before a demented looking grey monster with five eyes and claws for hands, rose out to the crate, growling madly, spit flying everywhere, before it knocked one of the goons to the ground. Two Purple Dragons attempted to use laser blasters to slow the beast down but this only served to anger the monster, as it picked the crate up the ground, before it flung it right at the Purple Dragons causing them to scatter. Many of them backed up, most wisely, as the monster began to smash up the warehouse, as it advanced on the Purple Dragons.

“What is that thing?” hissed the Black Phantom from high above, as she looked down at the beast with wide eyes.

“If I knew, I’d tell you,” replied Harry shortly, as he also watched, mentally formulating an attack plan, just in case that beast decided to head to the city. “Don’t go down yet, not until I have a better idea of what we’re up against.”

The beast advanced on Hun, an angry look in its eyes, as it continued to foam at the mouth, as it stared down the large man mountain. Hun took a step back but then did a somersault roll, before he hoisted up a large laser cannon. Expertly, Hun pointed the cannon right at the monster. One large blast of solid green energy impacted the monster right in the chest. Another large green energy blast impacted the monster in the stomach. Several more blasts and the monster was completely ripped in half. Hun stood over the monster, holding his weapon with a bit of a sneer.

“Sweet dreams, you gruesome bastard,” declared Hun as he dropped the weapon, with a grey ooze draining from the beast, as it laid on the ground in pain as the gang members walked over, looking a bit more secure now that the uncontrollable beast had been put down.

The celebration was not long, as a large stack of crates were knocked over, taking several members of the gang out of commission. Hun looked up, in time to get both feet of Harry Potter directly into his face. The large leader of the Purple Dragons crashed to the ground, as the Black Phantom came in front of two Purple Dragons who charged her, but she picked up one of the smashed crates, before throwing it at them. With a wandless charm, she blew up the remainder of the crate in their faces, sending splinters into the face, before she propelled herself high into the air and knocked them down with a split kick.

Hun pulled himself up and charged Harry but Harry dodged Hun’s attack. Hun spun around on the rebound and caught Harry right in the stomach with a kick, that knocked all the wind out of the Boy-Who-Lived. He hoisted up Harry by the shoulder and slammed him right into a stack of boxes.

“Potter, you’ll pay for interfering in the business of the Purple Dragons,” growled Hun as he hoisted up a crowbar, but Harry managed to use his blade to block Hun’s weapon, before pushing him back. Hun smashed up a crate as he swung the crowbar at Harry. Harry slid around but was caught right in the back with a stun laser from one of the Purple Dragons. As he dropped to the ground, a bit worse for wear, Hun raised the crowbar right over the head of Harry as the Black Phantom dodged the attacks from the trigger happy Purple Dragon, before she flung an exploding shuriken right at the weapon. The piece of metal stuck in the weapon, before it blew the gunman to bits.

Hun suddenly lurched backwards, as his crowbar became one hundred times heavier than it was before. The weapon dropped to the ground and as Hun bent down, in an attempt to pick it up, Harry pulled himself up, before he rushed over, and knocked Hun backwards. Hun quickly pulled himself to his feet but Harry used his agility due to his smaller size to avoid Hun’s attack, before he circled around and caught Hun with both knees in the larger man’s back.

Behind the crates, isolated from the scene, the ripped in half beast looked up with wide eyes, as a scene began to take shape. A naval officer on his wedding day, played through the monster’s mind, as green tentacles erupted from both the bottom and tough halves of his body, as he was pulled back together. The scene quickly left his mind and the dazed feeling left, with the rage returning, as it pulled itself to a standing position, before it thundered right after the nearest living thing to fight.

Hailey managed to drop the last remaining Purple Dragon, as many of the others had decided to retreat once the beast broke from the crate. She watched as Harry and Hun continued their fight, and Hun’s frustration rose every single time Harry avoided his attack but unexpectedly, the beast crashed through a stack of crates, before it gave an angry growl.

Harry spun around, this was the last thing he wanted, to deal with the monster as it sprung right at him. Just barely, Harry managed to avoid the attack before he conjured and blasted a net right at the beast. For a second, it was wrapped up, but much to Harry’s horror, the beast ripped right through the net with his teeth and advanced right on the Boy-Who-Lived.

“Purple Dragons, fall back!” bellowed Hun and quickly, some with more difficulty then others, the Purple Dragons rose to their feet, before they got to the exit, as the beast advanced on Harry. As Harry was occupied with the beast, Hailey decided she would do the only thing that seemed logical. Quickly, she levitated a large crate high in the air, until it was above the monster’s head. With a quick jerk, the crate dropped right onto the head of the monster.

The monster just turned around and went right after the Black Phantom. Quickly, Harry sprung up and climbed onto the beast’s back, wrapping his arms around its neck, attempting to snap it, but the monster flung him right to the ground. Harry was down and the monster raised his clawed arm. An attempt to block it with his weapon proved to be fruitless, as the monster snapped it in half viciously with his claw. With a growl, the monster raised the claw right above Harry’s throat but it paused.

A bell ringing in the distance had caused the monster’s eyes to go wide, as it triggered more memories. At the wedding, the naval officer walked up to his fiancée, the young couple exchanging smiles, as the naval officer’s best man, one Agent John Bishop, watched from the shadows with an approving nod.

The monster slowly backed off from Harry, before it turned, and growled angrily. Harry pulled himself up, as the monster walked right off, towards the approaching bell, smashing a wall to bits as it exited the factory.

“You stay here, I need to stop that thing, before it goes out into the city and hurts innocent people,” ordered Harry sternly, as he picked up the same energy cannon that he watched Hun use earlier, in an attempt to put the beast down for good.

Hailey nodded as she watched Harry leave. A year or two ago, she might have went out with him, but after the incident where Bellatrix magically beat her within an inch of her life, she was more aware of her limitations. Purple Dragons were one thing, but that thing was something different all entirely, something that she wasn’t confident she could take on. She just hoped Harry could, as she watched her brother walk off.

Harry quickly managed to catch up with the beast as it smashed up everything in its way, as the bell echoed through its ears even more. Crouching down, Harry aimed the energy weapon at the beast, before he cranked it to full power. A large jet of green energy impacted the beast but it did not even slow him down. The beast turned around and went right after Harry. Quickly, Harry pulled the trigger to give another blast. The energy weapon glowed for a few seconds, but quickly fizzled out as Harry was all too aware that it was out of juice. The monster went for Harry but Harry swung the non-functional weapon. A vicious smash directly to the chest, and the beast staggered back, before it swiped its claws right at Harry. Harry dodged the attack by springing into the air to the side which confused the monster, drawing out his wand.

“REDUCTO!” yelled Harry, using summoning all the power he could by using both the voiced incantation and his wand. The monster gave a loud bellow as a hole was blown right in its chest, but small green tentacles burst from the sides of the hole, before it sealed the chest back up. “SPICULUM!”

A dozen arrows blasted right at the monster but the monster blocked them all, snapping them with his claws, as the battle continued, as they were dangerously close to some propane tanks. Harry planned his maneuvers wisely, knowing one wrong move could indeed blow up half of the city.

Above the skies of New York City, Bishop leaned over the shoulder of one of his subordinates who was at tracking equipment in the helicopter, with Baxter Stockman in the shadows.

“You have exactly sixty seconds to locate T9581, or you will be volunteered for genetic experimentation,” ordered Bishop dangerously.

“Uh, no need sir, our scanners have picked him up and we’ll getting a visual right now,” replied the subordinate in a shaky voice as he punched a button, which showed T9581 below.

“Amazing, you’ve clearly gone above and beyond all expectations in your work sir,” praised Stockman as he looked at the creature but Bishop spotted another figure down, doing battle with T9581.

“Harry Potter, that’s rather interesting, I had assumed that he had perished in the explosion of Oroku Saki’s starship,” remarked Bishop coolly, before he turned to the subordinate by the scanner. “Proceed with containment and elimination, leave no trace.”

“Yes, Agent Bishop,” replied the subordinate as he cranked a dial on the control console.

On the helicopter above, a large laser cannon pointed down and Harry spotted it, before he quickly slid out of sight. The beast did not have the presence of mind to avoid it as it blasted downwards. A jet of yellow energy impacted the beast on the skull, staggering it, before a grapping hook shot down from the copter. The beast gave a pained growl as it hooked right into its right arm. Another grappling hook shot down, impacting right into his right arm. A third grappling hook shot down and plunged right into the chest of the monster.

“Pull it up!” ordered Bishop but the beast had dug its heals into the ground, in resistance and was actually beginning to pull the helicopter from the sky.

“Sir, it’s resisting…” remarked the subordinate in a feeble voice.

“Fire more, we can’t let this get out, the entire future of the Earth Protection Force hangs in the balance,” said Bishop and the subordinate prepared to fire more grapples but the beast had angrily ripped the grappling hook from his chest, before he yanked the grapple cable from the helicopter, which spiraled out of control.

The beast looked up and saw Bishop, before it growled it recognition, and swung the cable right at it. Harry stepped forward, in an attempt to stop the monster from smashing up the propane tanks but it was too late, so he placed his most powerful shield charm up

“PULL UP!” yelled Bishop as the monster smashed the propane tank with the cable and a large explosion went up, catching the beast right in the chest full force. The monster flew right off the docks nearby and splashed right into the water. Ooze bubbled from the water as it laid silent.

Bishop turned to the subordinate.

“Do a complete scan of the body of water around us, check for any life,” ordered Bishop.

“Sir, its likely that T9581 perished…” stated the man but Bishop gave him an icy stare that left no room for argument, as a scan of the water commenced.

When the explosions had stopped, Harry removed his shield charm. It appeared, after a quick magical scan, that the monster was gone, destroyed in the explosion. As he mounted his broomstick, and flew into the darkness, he wondered exactly what that was all about.

In a house not far from the docks, a woman with brown hair watched out the window with wide eyes, before she turned around and walked past, before stopping to look at a framed photo on the mantle piece of her wedding day. It had been many years since Agent Bishop had told her that her husband had perished at sea but she still missed him.

Right next to the picture, laid dog tags, all that remained of her husband. On the tags read, Naval Officer J. Finn, T9581.
Sign up to rate and review this story