Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > First Date

Over the Hills and Far Away

by midnight_moonlight 3 reviews

Axl tries to kidnap Izzy but with fatal consequences.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-04-20 - Updated: 2008-04-20 - 1465 words

2Exciting
I sit in the passenger seat of my mom's crappy car, my hand's tapping my knees in time to the Zeppelin that flows from the radio. We've hunted and found no sign of Axl. The sun is shining, Robert Plant is singing Over the Hills and Far Away and everything is good. I'm on the way home to my beautiful boyfriend and I'm looking forward to holding him tight, safe in the knowledge that we're safe.

Hey lady--you got the love I need
Maybe more than enough.


Grinning, I pull my knees up and rest my battered Converse on the dash. Almost instantly, my mom swats my feet.

"Feet. Down. Saul," she scolds.

I roll my eyes. "Mom."

She whacks my feet again, expertly driving with one hand. "Don't "mom" me Saul. Feet. Down. Otherwise you'll be sleeping on the couch and Izzy will be sleeping in luxury for the next month."

I grin and slide my feet back into the foot-well, looking at my mom as I do. She's smiling, fingers tapping in time to the music.

Oh Darling... walk a while with me
You've got so much...


"Izzy's sweet," she says in her quiet voice. "I'm glad you met him. I'm just sad that he's been through so much shit."

I sigh and nod. She's said how sweet Izzy is a million times and I know that she'll keep saying it until her dying breath. She's so concerned for his welfare and has been trying to talk him into going to a doctor. But Izzy's stubborn; he won't go unless he absolutely has to.

Many is a word that only leaves you guessing
Guessing 'bout a thing you really ought to know, ooh!
You really ought to know...


We pull onto our street and everything looks well. The trees are in bloom and the air smells sweet. I'm smiling again as we approach our house, looking forward to seeing Izzy. We've only been apart a few hours but it's been painful. I hate leaving him, even though I know we both need our space. But space can be only a room apart and we're there if the other needs us. I'd hate to be separated from him for longer than needs be.

Suddenly someone runs into the road, dragging another person with them. My mom hits the brakes and the car screeches to a halt. The two people don't see us, arguing and squabbling. I jump out of the car, ready to yell at them when the red-head looks up. My heart drops - I should have known. Fuckin' Axl and he has his dirty, rapist hands around Izzy's throat. Racing over I grab him, forcing his hands from Izzy as I throw him to the asphalt.

"What the FUCK are you doing?!" I scream, kicking him in the ribs.

He coughs and spits blood into the street before glaring up at me.

"I'm taking him home," he hisses, face twisted into a sneer.

I turn to Izzy. The poor guy looks terrified, hair plastered to his face with flecks of vomit stuck to his lips. I step up to him, stretching my hands out to touch him. Instead he steps back, shaking his head as his eyes glaze over.

"Don't Slash," he whispers. "You'll only make it harder."

I swallow, feeling my heart sink. "You're leaving?"

He nods and I watch a tear slide down his cheek. I reach out to brush it away but he just pulls back, again shaking his head.

"Why?" I ask, feeling my own tears begin.

"Because if I don't," he whispers. "He'll kill my mother. Then your mother. And then you."

I wipe a hand across my nose, desperately trying to stop the tears.

"You're worth dying for," I quietly reply.

He sighs, body limp and crushed, eyes on the ground.

"No I'm not Slash. I'm not worth anything to anyone."

Izzy walks past me, never looking at me as he helps Axl up from the ground. I hear a laugh that can only come from the bastard red-head. My tears of pain turn to tears of anger and I spin round to glare at him.

"You fucker," I spit. "How can you?"

He just laughs that maniacal laugh, his arms tight around Izzy. My beautiful lover leans against him, trying to look comfortable and relaxed. But his eyes scream that he doesn't want to be there, doesn't want to be in that murderous grip. Marching up to him, I go to release Izzy but Axl just pushes the fragile figure behind him.

"Uh-uh," he growls. "He's mine. He always has been and always will be. And." He spits at my feet, greeny phlegm splattering the ground. "You so much as follow us, I will kill everyone you love." He points behind himself to the defeated Izzy. "Including him. And I'll make you watch. I'll make you watch as I fuck his brains out before I tear his heart from his chest and show it to him. And he'll die in my arms, not yours."

A scream rips from my lungs and I lung for him. But Axl's faster, his hand grabbing Izzy and spiriting him away. I storm after them as he runs them up the street towards a battered car. As I do, Axl pushes Izzy away from him, sending him sprawling to the ground with a thud. He doesn't cry out, used to the rough treatment, but I do. I let out a blood-curdling scream as his hands skid over the tarmac, fragile skin ripping apart.

Axl turns to me, his face like thunder and reaches behind himself. He brings his arm in front of himself, a semi-automatic hand gun cradled in his fingers and with the barrel pointed at me.

"Don't," he snarls.

My heart's beating so hard that I think it's going to burst from my chest. I stare at the black hole of metal before me and take another step forward. There's a click as Axl flicks his finger, arming the gun. He rises an eyebrow and aims higher, towards my head.

"One more step," he quietly warns.

I take another hesitant step, realising that this could be my last moment on earth. But if it is, I want it to be trying to save Izzy. If I die at the hands of this mad-man I want to know that I died trying to save the one person

I've ever loved. Axl's fingers tighten on the trigger and his forehead knots as if he's battling with some demon in his mind. I hope that he is. I hope that it's telling him he shouldn't be doing this, that he shouldn't be holding innocent people to ransom just because he wants something he can't have. But isn't that what kidnap is all about? Trying to get something you'll never have? He knows Izzy won't stay with him but he's willing to take lives to ensure that he does.

My left foot moves, hovering in mid-air, willing me to step forward again. I see Axl's face twist even more, his fingers tightening around the gun as his brain debates whether to shoot me or not. Suddenly he lets out a scream and swings away from me, instead pointing the gun towards the ground. Towards Izzy.

Izzy's still lying on the ground but from the way he's positioned he's obviously just landed a kick at his bastard lover. He snarls and spits up at him, daring Axl to put the bullet between his eyes and not mine. I can't really blame him; he's been wanting out of the pain for years.

"Go on," he hisses. "I dare you to shoot me Bill."

Axl grits his teeth, letting out a strangled moan. His finger is still wrapped around the trigger. Somewhere in the background, I can hear the quiet squeal of police sirens. It's not unusual for LA but for once I know they're coming here.

Izzy aims another kick at Axl's shins, taunting him, his face twisted and sneering. "Come on, you fuckin' pussy. Just shoot me."

Axl groans again, eyes squeezing shut and I wonder what he's thinking. Kill Izzy and go to prison? Or kill me and go to prison? Either way, he's going to be tortured that his precious Jeff isn't with him any more.

I decide the time to act is now and lunge for Axl, my hands reaching for the gun as I aim to get it away from him. He howls as I wrap my arms around him and knock him to the ground. The gun falls from his hands and hits the ground with a bang. Feeling sick, I look up and the sight makes me vomit. Just as the police cars screech to a halt.
Sign up to rate and review this story