Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 56: Like Bachelors For Bad Luck Girls

by VikkiMole 2 reviews

'Maybe you should put your shirt on, he keeps staring at you'

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-22 - Updated: 2008-04-22 - 1198 words

0Unrated

All that was going through my mind was, ‘Oh my god, he knows, he knows’. Maybe it was something in my eyes. The way I held myself maybe. Perhaps it was how uncomfortable I looked. His face was letting off no sign of what he was thinking, how he was feeling. It had me shaking in the spot. Gently he smiled and my stomach didn’t feel quite as gymnastic as it had when he first walked in.

“What… are you doing here?” I forced my everything-is-alright grin in a way to cover my shame. Funny, feeling guilty has never been my thing.

“I called Gerard.. I already cleared it with him” And he rubs at his elbows like he always does when nervous. It half has me wondering if he knows and for a split second a spark behind his eyes tells me a blatant yes. “I hope you don’t mind”

“Why… would…’ I cough, not able to get the question out, not sure I want to hear the answer, just in case it’s the one I’m dreading.

‘Cause I figured you and Mikey would be having fun.. I see that he’s just been in the shower so I guess it doesn’t matter’ My heart smiles in my chest. He didn't know. He couldn't tell. It was all so innocent. Mikey had just come out of the shower. That what happened.

'Yeah, I was about to get in myself' I nod slowly, waving my t-shirt around, 'Hence… The toplessness'

'Fair enough…' Patrick laughed, arms crossed and eyes down over my front then back up to my eyes, 'I mean, for a second there I thought Mikey was going to steal you from me' He looked past me and winked at the younger Way brother who turned an uncomfortable shade of crimson. I guffawed incredibly awkwardly, the irony less than amusing to me.

'So, what are you doing here?' I tried again, not that I was pushing for an explanation but maybe adding some logic behind this unlikely situation would quiet the feeling that this was so damn typical that this would happen to me.

'Well,' He was about to say something before he stopped himself, clearly not wanting to reveal just yet. A timid smirk. 'You'll see. Gerard said it would be okay to steal you away now, he'll be home soon and he's pretty sure that Mikey can handle an hour alone'

Of that, I wasn't too sure. Just seconds ago I promised I wouldn't run away. What was I about to do? Turning around to face the embarrassed and still half naked Mikey Way, I had to choose my words very carefully. I didn't want to be too flirtatious for obvious reasons but I didn't want to appear to be cold either. For the first time in my life, surprisingly, I figured that I couldn't talk my way out of this one. Taking a few step towards the towelled-kid, hoping to god that if I talked in a slightly hushed tone that Patrick wouldn't hear me.

'I've got to go' I mumbled, seeing his face drop slightly but his head bob in defeat 'I'll call you later. Hey, look at me'

His eyes lifted up to meet mine exactly. The shine and color made me have to force down a gasp that instead came out as a steady sigh. The corners of my mouth curling around my appreciation of his beautiful glowing orbs.

'I'll be around tomorrow, first thing, I swear' A glimmer of hope that I saw in his expression, he looked surprised too. It was obvious that he thought that this was the end, I would leave him on his own, make excuses, never see him again. I wouldn't do that, I couldn't do that. Even if I was considering forgetting what just happened between us, seeing it as more of a convenience than because of regret, which I oddly didn't feel, as much as I wanted to.

Patrick saw nothing unusual in the way I spoke. I was a concerned babysitter to him, nothing to be suspicious over. That's what pretty much killed me most. The fact that Patrick trusted me, so much that even in this situation he didn't even question my faithfulness. It made me feel bad about speculating all his late nights with Travis. I quietly awaited a reply.

'Thank you…' Mikey hushed, that blush returning and lingering under naked eyes, his glasses still in the bathroom I'd have to assume. 'See you tomorrow?'

'You can count on it' Pulling him into a slightly shaky hug and ruffling wet hair, making it look as childish and playful as possible, totally aware of Patrick snorting behind me.

Mikey giggled quietly, whispering in my ear 'Maybe you should put your shirt on, he keeps staring at you'

Then it occurred to me, rather smacked me in the face. Mikey didn't know. How could Mikey not know? He didn't know that Patrick was my boyfriend. This just got a hella lot more complicated. I don't know why but in a moment of unexplainable stupidity, I ran with it. Just nodding before putting my tee back over my head, turning back towards Patrick, leading him to the door. Swinging it open, letting Patrick go through first, I gripped the handle, waving at Mikey before exiting. The weight of fear and sickness seemed to stay in the house. This pressure on my shoulders lifting off and away, letting me breath again.

'Do you want me to drive us home?' Patrick asked, walking us towards my ugly red car. Pushing my hand into my pocket, finding my keys at the bottom, wondering why I thought they'd be gone, like Mikey had taken them. I was quite relieved, the idea of going back in there right now was a little daunting.

'You can drive?' I questioned, never having to ask before since he didn’t have his own car. I just assumed that he couldn't.

'Yeah, that's why I'm offering' He retorted, watching me like I was a complete idiot. To be honest, I almost slapped myself in the head. Passing him the keys begrudgingly, he punched me in the arm, bringing that stupid grin to my face as usual. It was nice, seeing him earlier than usual, hopefully this meant that this would become a regular event.

Dropping myself into the passenger seat, which was a little odd to say the least. Since getting the car I don't think I'd ever had to ride shotgun. It was nice for a change. Kicking back, leaning the seat down to go for a more horizontal position as Patrick sat to my side, I could feel a bubbling of anticipation. Ten minutes more and I would know what it was that Patrick wanted, why he'd left Travi early, why he came for me. Ten minutes more and I would know where he'd been, what he'd been doing all this time. Ten minutes more of thinking about Mikey, worrying about his welfare. Ten minutes more. In my opinion? Ten minutes was just about ten minutes too long.
Sign up to rate and review this story