Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twenty-One Letters Ending in T

Chapter 19.

by never_save_me 5 reviews

I live a lie, yeah, believing that you're mine. It's just a waste of time 'cause you're leaving me behind

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero - Published: 2008-04-25 - Updated: 2008-04-25 - 806 words

1Moving
Disclaimer: The song that appears in this chapter is Wendy Matthews' "The day you went away"

Hey, does it ever make you wonder
what's on my mind
I, I was only ever running to your side
I never cried, I just watched my life go by
It's just a pack of lies,
'cause you're leaving me behind


Frank swiped frantically At the windscreen, even though it wasn’t him driving. Bob had been the first to volunteer when they’d found out. That was typical Bob though, jumping in to take responsibility, to own it. Frank turned his head to see Bob’s grim face as he drove through the snow and sleet of New York in the dawn.


His right leg bounced of its own accord, Frank wasn’t able to stop it.


Why, after this long is there nothing
I'll keep, oh, I can shout
you'll pretend you're falling asleep
I live a lie, yeah, believing that you're mine
It's just a waste of time
'cause you're leaving me behind



It was as though he’d known something was wrong when the apartment phone had rung. It was that that had woken him up. Even though he recognized the apartment ring tone he had groggily picked up his cell, and seen that he had seven missed calls from The Canary. His heart had plummeted to his chest. Was that any degree of what she’d felt the night she’d gotten the call from Gee? To say he’d been arrested…of course not…she’d never feel that for him…it was all him…


Hey, there's not a cloud in the sky
It's as blue as your goodbye
and I thought it would rain
on a day like today
Hey, there's not a cloud in sight
it's as blue as your blue goodbye
and I thought it would rain
the day you went away



Gee. Frank mused on Gerard’s response. He had had tears threatening his eyes as Frank and Bob had dashed from the apartment, barely clothed from bed. Why did Gee care so much? He stared out at the sky through the passenger window, despite the rain and the snow…there weren’t any clouds in the sky.


Hey, does it ever make you wonder what's on my mind
I was only ever running back to your side
Hey, there's not a cloud in the sky
it's as blue as your goodbye
and I thought it would rain
on a day like today



He urged the car to go faster in his mind, running back to her side, like he had back then, wanting to be by her. He never would be again, not like he had been.


Hey, there's not a cloud in sight
it's as blue as your blue goodbye
and I thought it would rain
the day you went away



Bob swore as he swung the van into the hospital car park. He had barely parked before Frank barreled out of the car and through the entrance doors.


He's on the buses, and the aeroplanes
with some groceries and a sleeping bag....



Frank shuddered as he noticed the signed for the morgue and caught sight of Laz. Laszlow looked awful, haggard, with tear streaks down his face. He was slumped in the seat, his arms curled around his legs that he had drawn up to his chest and Sarah’s arms lying heavily around him, her own face puffy from tears. She hadn’t been there, not that Frank knew that yet. She had been out with her latest boy, and she’d never forgive herself. Frank vaguely recognized the others, except for the tall, thin, haunted looking girl with white hair, he had never seen her before.


He stared at Laz and Sarah, for a moment feeling their pain, the pain of two people who know someone acutely and had worried they’d never mean as much to that person as that person did to them. There was something heartbreakingly perfect about Laz’s dark head resting beseechingly on Sarah’s shoulder, as though she held the answers.


Frank skidded to a stop, not knowing how to go about breaking the moment.


But it was broken for him when Sarah noticed him. She stared at him, hard, but then finally beckoned him. When he reached the two of them he fell to is knees, his black hair meeting the mixture as they cried together.


Hey, there's not a cloud in sight
it's as blue as your blue goodbye
and I thought it would rain
the day you went away



AN: Thankyou so much to all of my aithful reviewers, you make coming home from work and banging out a couple of chapters so much easier. Let me know what you're thinking of the story so far.
Sign up to rate and review this story