Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dragynspawn

Chapter Eight

by lost_in_the_shuffle

Kylie and Wesley arrive at his childhood home, and soon their attraction for each other takes a physical turn.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-04-27 - Updated: 2008-04-27 - 1535 words

?Blocked
Kylie looked around in awe, the village was nothing like she expected, and as they walked down the street toward a large white building, she almost felt like she had slipped back into time.
As they walked down the small street Kylie noticed that the people stopped and stared at her, then began to follow behind.
“Why are they following us?” She asked Wesley nervously and he grasped her hand, squeezing it reassuringly.
“They don’t see many outsiders,” he said, “you’re something of a novelty to them.”
Kylie looked at the people following them, most of them were dark haired with the same color of eyes that Wesley had. All of them were unearthly beautiful.
Finally they reached the steps of the building and Yedid turned around, looking at the crowd of people.
“We will have a celebration tonight,” he said. “Not only because we have a guest, but also because of the return of Qasim, son of our beloved leader Vachel.”
The crowd cheered and hurried off to prepare for the nights festivities, as Wesley glared at Yedid.
“They are happy you’re home,” Yedid said, “as am I.”
“I won’t be staying long,” Wesley growled.
“Then at least enjoy tonight,” the older man said, “let the people have something to celebrate.”
He turned to Kylie and smiled at her.
“I’ll show you where you’ll be staying,” he said and led her away from Wesley.
He watched them go and cursed, then turned to walk toward the only tavern. He stopped when he saw the dark haired beauty standing there watching him.
“Barra,” he said and she stared at him.
“Why didn’t you send a message?” She demanded, “you have been gone for five years and I hear nothing from you.”
“You know why,” he said, “father went to far. If he hadn’t forbidden my marriage to Tabatha I wouldn’t have left.”
“Tabatha!” Barra said in disgust, spitting on the ground. “That one was no good and father knew it, even if you didn’t.”
She looked at him.
“Where is she now?” She asked, “why is she not with you and why have you brought a human here?”
Wesley looked away, and shook his head.
“A year after we left and joined the humans FBI she ran away. I thought she had returned here, but after I heard she had killed Iram, I knew she hadn’t. It turned out father was right about her, she was no good, in fact she was evil.”
He laughed hollowly.
“If father was right,” Barra said, “then why didn’t you return?”
“I was young and stubborn,” he said “and I hate the cavalier way he treats everyone. Tell me Barra don’t you resent him running your life?”
She shook her head and smiled.
“Father wed me to Zarek,” she said, “and I am happy. I have a son named Reku and I could ask for nothing more.”
She looked toward the house where Yedid had taken Kylie.
“You love the human,” she said, it was a statement not a question.
Wesley looked at her sharply.
“Why do you say that?” He asked, and she smiled.
“Remember Qasim,” she said, “we are twins. I know you as well as I know myself.”
“Yes,” he admitted, “I do. Not that it will do any good. We could never be together, you know what would happen to her.”
“Maybe nothing,” Barra said, “this isn’t the middle ages Qasim, things are different.”
“But there are still those who hunt us,” he said, “who would kill a human for loving a Dragynspawn. It is better off if I don’t let her know how I feel.”
He pushed past her, and headed toward the tavern.
“Qasim,” she said, and he stopped but didn’t turn. “I hope you will stay with my family, while you’re here. I would like my son to know his uncle before you are gone again.”
Wesley nodded, then continued toward the tavern, leaving Barra standing alone in the street.

After a few drinks at the tavern, Wesley found Barra’s house and prepared for the festivities.
As much as he didn’t want to attend, he knew he would. He owed his people that much, even if he wasn’t going to be around long.
Finally the time came for the festivities to start and he left with Barra, and her husband. As they left Barra put Reku in his arms, and Wesley inhaled the clean baby scent.
For a moment, he wondered what it would be like to hold his own baby in his arms. Then he pushed away the thought, it was dangerous to think that. Nothing good could ever come of it.
They walked toward the village square and Wesley saw Kylie talking to some of the women from the village.
He stared at her for a moment, thinking how beautiful she looked.
“Mine,” the dragon inside him growled, but he pushed it away.
She turned at that moment, seeing him and smiled.
The rest of the village seemed to melt away, all he could see was her. He handed Reku to his sister, then quickly strode over to where she stood.
“Hello Wesley,” she said, smiling up at him.
He stared down at her, for a moment, unable to speak.
“Hello,” he finally said, then was interrupted before he could say more.
“The dancing is starting,” Barra said, grabbing Kylie’s hand. “Come, I will teach you a traditional dance.”
Wesley watched them go, then feeling Yedid’s presence beside him he turned and looked at the elder.
“You have found your mate,” he said and Wesley shook his head.
“She is not my mate,” he said, and the older man smiled.
“The dragon inside you, recognizes her,” he said, “I see it in your eyes.”
He chuckled and patted Wesley on the back, before disappearing into the crowd.
Wesley turned and watched Kylie, she was smiling at Barra and laughing as his sister taught her the steps. “Mine,” the dragon growled again and Wesley realized Yedid was right.

Kylie saw Wesley watching her, felt his gaze the whole celebration but he didn’t approach her again. She wondered if there was something wrong with her, why he didn’t seem to want her as much as she did him.
Finally the celebration began to draw to a close, as parents took their children and put them to bed, and young couples snuck off to be alone.
“I must put Reku to bed,” Barra said, “will you be alright?”
Kylie smiled at the other woman.
“I know my way back to my room,” she said, “thank you for being so kind.”
“It was my pleasure,” Barra said smiling.
She took her son and walked toward her house, with her husband.
Kylie began to walk toward the house she was staying in, when someone stepped out of the shadows.
She gasped, then realized it was Wesley.
“You startled me,” she said.
“I tried to stay away from you,” he said, staring at her with a burning intensity “I tried to deny my dragon, but I can’t anymore.”
He grasped her arms, pulling her into his embrace and kissed her deeply.
“Push me away,” he said, nuzzling her ear, “tell me you don’t want this and I will go.”
Kylie twined her arms around his neck.
“I do want this,” she murmured, “I want you.”
With a groan, he picked her up and carried her, not toward the houses, but away from town. Finally he laid her down on the ground, following her down, blanketing her with his body.
Kylie groaned at the feel of his hard body, pressed against her soft one.
He tangled his hands in her hair, and pulled her head up for another kiss.
“Wesley,” she gasped, grasping his head and kissing him back.
Quickly, almost magically, their clothes came off, and they lay there naked. Wesley leaned over and kissed her breasts, as she gasped and arched into his mouth.
His other hand trailed down her stomach, to her cunt and he pushed his fingers inside, finding the hidden nubbin of flesh and rubbing it.
Kylie cried out, spreading her legs as he fitted one finger inside of her, then two.
“Please,” she said, and he leaned over, kissing her again, before rolling onto his back. He lifted her up, and thrust into her. Going deep and hard as she screamed.
“Oh God,” she whimpered, closing her eyes and arching her back at the feel of him inside her. He grasped her hips and began to thrust inside her as she whimpered and panted.
“Wesley,” she screamed again as she came, harder then she had ever come before.
He felt her spasm around him, her climax triggering his own and he grasped her hips, holding her against him as he poured himself deep inside her.
She collapsed against him, blanketing his body with her own, and he wrapped his arms around her.
“I love you,” he thought she murmured into his ear, but he fell asleep before he could truly comprehend what she had said.
Sign up to rate and review this story