Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Without You Is How I Disappear

I don't see what anyone could see in anyone else but you

by ilo9vemcrgmfrb 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-03 - Updated: 2008-05-04 - 1078 words - Complete

0Unrated
Three Months Later

Ophelia's POV


I woke up and looked around. My room seemed different now that Gerard lived in it too. Sure, I had accumulated an extra guitar(that he couldn't even play) and some more posters, and things like that, but it just didn't FEEL the same, either. I also felt guilty that I had this gigantic bed, and he was sleeping on the couch. I'd offered multiple times, but he would not do it. It's kind of weird. He used to sleep over all the time and sleep in my bed, but now that we were married, he had an aversion to it. I left it alone. I didn't mind having my bed all to myself, not at all. Just, part of me missed him. Sure, we lived together, and were married, but there was this awkwardness that had formed between us over the last three months. I knew that things would never be the same between us. I just wish I knew what he was always thinking about.


Gerard's POV

"I should tell her... But how?" Is all I had been thinking for the past three months. I had liked her for years, but for five months, I had been pretty sure that I loved her. I wanted to tell her... Needed to tell her, but I was afraid of what she would say, what she would do. If she didn't love me back, I would be crushed, and it would make this chasm between us (The one that I created) even wider. If she did love me back, would we just be a married couple, just like that?



Ophelia's POV

"Hey, Oph?" Gerard asked as he sat down next to me on my bed. I was surprised. He'd only been in my room once or twice since he'd moved all his stuff in here.
"Yeah, Gee?"
"I have something I need to tell you, but you have to promise to keep an open mind."
"Okay, I promise." There was this... urgency in his voice that practically demanded I listen to him.
"On my birthday, when I told you I loved you, I meant it... Really meant it." He whispered, his head down, looking at the floor. He was afraid to see my reaction. I smiled. This was why he'd been so distant. He couldn't decide weather or not to tell me. I put my hand under his chin and lifted his head so he could see my face.
"On your birthday when I said 'I love you too' I meant it. Really meant it." I replied. His eyes widened as a smile formed on his near perfect lips. He slowly, awkwardly leaned in and kissed me.

Gerard's POV


That night was different than my birthday. On my birthday we were drunk and horny. We were in a rush. That night we both just wanted the other to know that we loved one another. I kissed her slowly, deeply. That night... It was something special. That night was the night that we learned the difference between liking somebody and loving somebody. The difference between best friends and lovers. The difference between having sex and making love. And we were foolish enough to believe that from that moment on everything would go our way.



Four Months Later

Ophelia's POV


Gerard and I were sleeping, wrapped in each other's arms, when Stacey came running into the room shreiking at the top of her lungs. We sat up, rubbed our eyes and rushed to dial 911 like she was begging us to. Stacey pulled me by my hand into our father's room, where he lay on the floor, Lucy stroking the hair on the top of his head.
"He's had a heart attack, Ophelia. Please dial the ambulance, please." She begged me through tears. I fell to the ground, sobbing. Hoping to God that Gerard had sense enough to leave me where I was and call for help. I heard him dialing and got up quickly to help him, but I nearly dropped to the ground again when I felt a sharp pain ripping through my lower abdomen. I knew it was no time for this, but the baby was coming, and it was coming fast.

Gerard's POV

As Ophelia groaned in the corner, I knew exactly what was happening. I got more nervous than I'd ever been. The baby, I could handle. Julian's heart attack, I could help her get through that. But I couldn't handle them both at the same time.
"911 What's your emergency?"
"Oh, thank god, I need two ambulances."
"Two, sir?"
"Yes two. My wife's in labor, and her father had a heart attack."
"Can we have your address sir?"

Ophelia's POV

It was the longest fifteen minutes of my life waiting for the ambulance. I sat next to my father, holding his hand. He hadn't said a word the entire time I was in there, but just before the ambulance got there, he turned to me and put his hand on my stomach.
"Don't ruin her life the way your mother ruined yours.' He whispered to me. I took his hand into mine and squeezed it.
"My life wasn't ruined, Daddy. I had you."
"I love you Ophelia."
"I love you too Daddy." He squeezed my hand back, wanting those words to sink in, knowing they would be his last. A single tear rolled down my face, and he reached up and wiped it away, I knew then that he didn't want me to cry for him.

Gerard's POV

I stood next to Ophelia and stared at her smiling face.
"She's perfect." I whispered as I stroked the baby's cheek.
"Do you want to hold her?" Ophelia asked, looking up at me. I got nervous.
"Uh... No."
"Why not?"
"I... I, uh, don't know how." I lamely whispered. Ophelia laughed and held the baby out to me.
"See how my arms are?"
"Yeah."
"Put your arms like that, and make sure you hold her head." I did as she said and looked up at her. She smiled and put the baby in my arms. I looked down into her perfect face, and smiled. She stared back up at me, studying me. I memorized every single movement taht she made. I looked down at Ophelia who was smiling at us.
"I was thinking of naming her Julia, after my father." She said.
"Julia" I whispered. The baby cooed.
"Perfect." Ophelia and I whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story