Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Car Crash Hearts

Chapter 24

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Pete finds out he's going to be a daddy. He's not too happy.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-05-06 - Updated: 2008-05-06 - 1314 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 24

“What?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“No, this can’t be happening.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Amanda, up until last night we haven’t been sleeping in the same bed. Yeah, we’ve had sex. But that is all it’s been. We aren’t in a good place. Anyway, I thought you were on the pill.”

“I am. I would never trick you.”

“I know, but how?”

“Remember when I had the flu? Well, I forgot to take a few of the pills. Please, don’t be mad.”

“I’m not. This just isn’t what I wanted to come home to. I was,”

Pete sat down at the kitchen table and put his head in his hands. Amanda sat next to him and took his hands.

“What is it?”

He looked up.

“I was going to break up. This just isn’t working. You come and go and so do I. When was the last time we really talked?”

“Pete, you are always gone. When you are here and we make plans you are called away to business at the record company or the clothing company. And don’t forget how you always want to go out to the nightclubs or premieres. We just don’t have a night alone.”

“I’m sorry. I guess I think I need to be out there or they are going to forget about the band.”

“What are you going to do? Should I start packing my suitcases.”

“Fuck. Amanda, am I a monster?”

“Do you want this child?”

Pete didn’t say anything. Amanda stood up.

“You know what, go live your California lifestyle. Your son or daughter doesn’t need you.”

She walked away.

“Amanda, listen to me.”

“Not right now. I’m going to lay down.”

“Dammit.”

Pete threw a glass against the wall and left the house.

@~

Tina finished her first song and went back to Amanda and Pete’s. She noticed the lights were off, but figured they went out to eat. She opened the door and stepped on some glass.

“What the hell?”

Tina turned on the light.

“Pete, Amanda?”

Hemmy came running into the kitchen.

“Oh, no you don’t. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

She took Hemmy to his bed and cleaned up the glass. She was putting the broom away when Amanda came downstairs.

“Amanda, didn’t you hear me?”

“No, I’m sorry. How was your day?”

“Good. I finished one song. You don’t look too good. Are you feeling alright?”

“No, not really. I had to tell Pete some news and he didn’t take it too well.”

“Oh, anything you want to talk about?”

Tina and Amanda sat on the couch.

“I probably shouldn’t, but I don’t have anyone to talk to.”

“I’m here if you need to talk.”

“Well, alright. I need to talk to someone. I found out that I’m pregnant.”

Tina got sick to her stomach. She liked Amanda, but didn’t know what to feel.

“Oh, were you both planning this?”

“No, before Pete went on the last tour I got sick and I forgot to take my birth control pills.”

“What did Pete say?”

“He’s not too happy. He was going to break up with me.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No. Things haven’t been that good between us.”

“Should I stay at a hotel?”

“No, um, I know this maybe strange and all but I don’t have too many friends. I could use someone to talk to and go out with.”

“I understand.”

Tina hugged Amanda. They turned around when they heard the front door slam.

“Why don’t you talk to Pete. I’ll be in my room if you need to talk.”

Tina went upstairs to her room while Pete walked into the living room.

“Pete, we need to talk.”

“Where’s Tina?”

“She’s upstairs.”

Pete sat next to Amanda.

“I know this isn’t what we want. It’s not fair to you to be in a relationship that’s not working. So, I’m going to leave. Give me some time to find a place. I might even go home. Maybe a change from L.A. would be good.”

“Where does that put me?”

“You really didn’t sound like you want to be a father.”

“I guess not. I do. I’m sorry for how I acted. You don’t have to leave. What if you move to the other guest room and after the baby is born we’ll find you a place. I want to be a part of the pregnancy and the baby’s life.”

“Do you love me?”

“Yes, but not in love with you. Can you honestly say you love me?”

“No, not really.”

“So, what do you think?”

“Alright. Just as long as it’s not weird or anything. And if you find someone I don’t mind you dating?”

“You sure?”

“Yes, same goes for me.”

Amanda smiled.

“Oh, do you have someone I should know about.”

Pete said as he raised his eyebrows.

“No. I’m just saying, we can’t stop our lives. I know you still care for her.”

“Care for who?”

“Stop it, Pete. You know who I mean. I wouldn’t mind if you two got together. I really like, Tina.”

“We’ll see. She’s sometimes a tough cookie to crack. If you thought I was stubborn, she’s worse.”

“Maybe I could help you. I do want a say with who you date. They are going to be in our child’s life. There is no way in hell you are dating Lindsay, Paris, or Rumor.”

“You really would help me?”

“Yes, why don’t you go to her room.”

“Thanks so much. You really are special. I know our child is going to have your heart.”

He kissed her on the cheek and went to Tina’s room. After Pete was gone Amanda broke down and cried.

@~

Pete knocked on Tina’s door.

“Come in, Amanda.”

Pete opened the door and stepped in. Tina was in the bathroom so he laid on the bed.

“It’s Pete.”

She walked out of the bathroom in her nightgown.

“Oh, it’s you.”

“I take it you weren’t expecting me.”

“Not really. You are the last person I want to see.”

“Tina, I want to talk to you. You know about Amanda, right?”

“Yes, she told me.”
Tina sat on the bed.

“We talked about some things. She’s going to take the guest room and stay here through the pregnancy. When the baby is born I’m going to help her find a place.”

“That’s good.”

“Why are you mad at me?”

“I’m not mad.”

“Right. You won’t look at me. I can always tell when your mad at me.”

He place his fingers under her chin and made her look at him.

“We broke up. She wants us to get together.”

“Are you serious? Peter, you have lost your fucking mind! I will not be your girlfriend while your ex girlfriend is sleeping down the hall from me. Oh, and don’t forget that she is pregnant with your child. I shouldn’t even be here. Do you know how awkward,

Pete sat up and pressed his lips to Tina’s. She moaned against his lips and Pete slide his tongue inside her mouth. Tina was pushing against Pete, but slowly wrapped her arms around him.

“Well, that’s one way to shut you up.”

“Pete, this isn’t right.”

“Why don’t you take Amanda out for supper tomorrow and talk to her. She said it was.”

“Okay. I want to be with you. I really do. But damn, this is just strange.”

“Did you miss me?”

“You know I did. I never stopped loving you.”
Sign up to rate and review this story