Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Canadian Intervention

Seeds of Discontent

by austin316hockey 1 review

After the disastrous events at the Ministry of Magic, Harry re-evaluates his situation, and decides changes are in order, starting with a change of scenery. His destination: Toronto Ontario. Cros...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-05-06 - Updated: 2008-05-07 - 902 words

5Original
Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Names, character, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or a used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead is entirely coincidental. This is a work of parody, as defined by the Fair Use Doctrine. Any similarities, without satirical intent, to copyrighted characters, or individuals living or dead, are purely coincidental. This work has not been endorsed by J.K. Rowling, Raincoast Books, Scholastic Books, Warner Brothers, or any of the other holding copyright or license to the Harry Potter books or movies. No connection is implied or should be inferred.

This is not a commercial work. The authors receive no financial gain from its production or distribution. It is available without charge.

** I do not know the guys from My Chemical Romance, nor am I associated with them in any way, shape, or form.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This story will for the most part disregard Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows (I haven't read DH yet, waiting for the soft-cover version. However, I do have an idea of some things that occurred. At any rate, as said, this story will disregard most of its events). Caution, there may be a little OOC'ness (or maybe a lot, roll with it, Ok?)

TITLE: "Harry Potter and the Canadian Intervention"
OVERALL STORY RATING: Teen/K+
WARNINGS: Scenes of violence, coarse language, SLASH (boy on boy, wand on wand, people!).
PARINGS: Harry Potter/Multiple, possibly Harry/Frank Iero (!)
SUMMARY: After the disastrous events at the Ministry of Magic, Harry re-evaluates his situation, and decides changes are in order, starting with a change of scenery. His destination: Toronto Ontario.

1: SEEDS OF DISCONTENT

May 14, 2007
It was a typical start to the day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, as students ate breakfast in the great hall, preparing for the day's classes. Right on schedule, a flock of owls flew in through the upper windows, delivering the morning's mail to the students. That included a brown owl which delivered a copy of the Daily Prophet to Hermione. The trio, consisting of Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley, were in their usual spot at the Gryffindor table. The bushy-haired 5th year began to scan the headlines, and let out an audible gasp.
"What's wrong, 'mione?" Asked Harry.
"V-v... you know who?" Asked Ron, between bites of toast.
"No." Hermione answered, laying the paper flat so the 3 of them could see.

YOUNG CANADIAN WIZARD BREAKS STATUTE OF SECRECY!
Wizard world exposed to thousands of muggles!


The International Statute of Wizard Secrecy was breached in spectacular fashion Friday, during a muggle 'rock concert' in /Toronto/ /Canada/, by two under-age wizards, as was reported in Canada's National Wizard's Standard on Saturday.


Travis Carter, 16, and Troy Bartlett, also 16, apparently engaged in an altercation during the concert, escalating into the use of magic, resulting in 2 deaths, and 10 serious injuries. One of the perpetrators allegedly cast 5 killing curses, the cause of both deaths. The building had emptied by the time Aurors arrived on scene, and the muggle-worthy excuse committee has been working day and night since the incident Friday, as the muggle media has been also trying to explain the eye-witness accounts of 'strange bolts of light that kill'. Charges have been laid against Mr. Carter, and charges are pending against Mr. Bartlett.


Seeing this article makes it hard not to reflect on the incident in Little Whinging last August, and we must be thankful that Mr. Potter had the sense not to expose too many muggles to our world. One, after all, is too many. The question is, would Mr. Potter be as brazen enough to commit such grievous acts as these two have done across the pond?

- Rita Skeeter

"Of course she had to get a remark in about me." Harry snorted.
"Blimey, not even Malfoy would be clueless enough to do something like that." Said Ron.
"Something like that happened here, Fudge would just throw them in Azkaban, skip the trial." Said Harry, mostly to himself. He gazed at the large picture that accompanied the article. It had been taken at the back of the stage, looking out at the seats. Various people were combing over the scene; Harry deduced they were Aurors, since this was awizarding photograph. A pile of debris lay on the floor near some of the front row seats; Harry was unable to make out what it might have been from.

As he gazed absently at the photo, he got to thinking. He had 2 dear friends, and a number of good friends at Hogwarts. Yet, this particular year had been nearly unbearable. Every year at Hogwarts, in fact, he had faced some kind of life-threatening incident. /Where was that in the course description/, he wondered. Add to that incompetent teachers in the one subject that truly mattered, a potions teacher that hated his guts, and a wizard society that flip-flopped between loving and hating him; a seed of discontent had been planted in the head of the boy-who-lived.

/AUTHOR NOTES/: A rather short chapter, but definitely a hint of things to come. Aone-shot I have written titled "Gross Breach of Secrecy" will fill you in as to what actually happened in /Toronto/. Look up story ID No. 4226060. It could be considered aprerequisite, as it also introduces a couple of characters that will be important players later on in this one.
Sign up to rate and review this story