Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Deadlines and Disasters

Chapter 2

by KittenCeez 1 review

Yuki's way of dealing with things is completely different to Tohma's

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Shuichi,Yuki - Published: 2008-05-18 - Updated: 2008-05-18 - 6166 words

1Ambiance
Deadlines and Disasters



Summary: Yuki’s deadline looms as a little disaster befalls the novelist.

Disclaimer: I own no rights to anything Gravitation, though I wish I did. But I just have to live with my ever increasing Gravitation collection.

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: Mild language

A/N: Well then, a second chapter comes your way. Go the plot bunnies.

A massive thank you to Pat-chan who betaed this chapter! Love love love you!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tohma’s way of ‘dealing with it’ obviously did not match Yuki’s, thought the said novelist as he was currently sitting in make-up before a mass-audience television interview with Kel-TV’s Matsumoto Kel, a popular presenter with the middle-age female class. The bastard had a sick sense of humour. His humming, lively lover sat in the chair next to him, legs swinging as the make-up assistant brushed out his hair. He had dressed in his usual pristine black suit and tie fashion while Shuichi had surprisingly opted for black slacks, a white shirt with a large collar and a slim black jacket. Still he wore his knee-high leather black platform boots he loves to wear on the stage.

Yuki looked at Shuichi through the mirror in front of him, “What are you so energetic for?”

Shuichi looked up at Yuki and smiled brightly, “Because this is the first time we have officially been in an interview together.”

Yuki sat back further, surprised by the statement. Was it really? He figured Shuichi was right as their television appearance when they first came out of the closet wasn’t actually planned…it sort of just…happened. ‘And not exactly for the worst either,’ Yuki pleasantly mused.

As the assistant put down the brush she was using on Shuichi’s hair, the said singer was released from the chair and almost skipped the small distance between his and Yuki’s chairs. He tilted his head to the side, studying Yuki’s face now covered in make-up.

Yuki looked up at him irritated, “What now?”

Shuichi giggled slightly, “I like you better without make up.”

Yuki raised his eyebrow at Shuichi before the singer moved in and claimed his lips for several seconds.

Shuichi pulled back, “I still love you though!”

Yuki sat back and studied his face in the mirror. If he didn’t look pale normally, he certainly did now! He sighed to himself, “I like me without make-up! Camera make-up is a pain in the ass!”

Shuichi leaned back on the bench behind him, folding what he could of his arms with his recovering injury, “Hah! It is not as bad as stage make-up. At least I can get this stuff off!”

Yuki had to laugh at that as the memories of Shuichi spending a good hour washing his face of stage make-up after every show flashed across his vision.

“Hey, Eiri…”

“Hm?” Yuki responded.

“When they ask about us…what are we going to tell them? I mean, we usually have to avoid questions about us and now I do not know what to say.”

Yuki looked up at Shuichi for a moment. It was true that he never spoke about his relationship with Shuichi, or even anything about his lover in an interview before now. This interview however was about them together and Yuki knew he had to show how much they are a deeply involved couple if this interview was going to do any good regarding the vicious rumours still circulating about them. He gently brushing Shuichi’s hand with his, “We will just go with it this time and answer with what we want to say, not with what we have had to say in the past.”

The talkback show’s producer popped his head in through the door, “Ten minutes people!”

The producer disappeared while Yuki was taking in Shuichi’s profile with the formal looking dress code and Yuki swivelled his chair to pull Shuichi partially into his lap. He grazed his lips over Shuichi’s ear before kissing his cheek, “Ten minutes…that is plenty of time.”

Shuichi enjoyed Yuki’s caresses before adding, “Well, maybe to get me off…but you…” Shuichi smirked devilishly at his lover, “Unless you let me do that again.”

Under the make-up, Yuki’s cheeks started to go pink. It took him a moment to think of a come back and he cleared his throat, “Well, if you seem to think that will be enough to satisfy me, I will have to show you otherwise.”

Shuichi laughed richly, claiming soft kisses again, “Now, now Eiri, do not tempt me until we get home!”

Shuichi shifted so he could rest his head on Yuki’s shoulder and was quite relaxed in his lover’s arms when a stage hand came to get them from the room leading them to the side of the stage. Yuki kissed Shuichi on the cheek before heading forward onto the stage. Shuichi was shocked to say the least; he never expected Yuki to have done that in front of people. This must have been what Yuki meant by ‘just go with it’. From his spot to the side of the stage, Shuichi happily bounced to himself before he watched Yuki greet Matsumoto-san and take a seat.

The producer was watching the initial proceedings next to Shuichi, “You can wait in the green room if you like, Shindou-san, there is a television broadcasting the show set up.”

Shuichi flashed him a bright smile, “No thank you, I want to watch from here.”

The producer smiled lightly, “Alright, Kutana-san will be here to run things while I am in the sound booth.”

Shuichi thanked the man before turning to watch Yuki’s part of the interview.

Once his microphone had been attached, Yuki had taken his seat to the side of Matsumoto-san. The audience had been quietened down before he had walked onto the stage, however there were several excited outbursts when he had shown himself.

The cameraman gave the last few seconds count and the stage lights went up, the audience enthusiastically applauding while the theme music played. As it stopped, Matsumoto-san was all smiles as she looked into the primary camera.

“Good evening everybody and welcome to Kel-TV! I am Matsumoto Kel and tonight we have two very special, very exciting guests with us!”

A number of small ‘woots’ were heard coming from the audience.

Matsumoto-san continued, “Japan’s most popular and most controversial couple have certainly experienced several media-related highs and lows surrounding their relationship, their careers and also themselves. Tonight, leading romance novelist Yuki Eiri and lead singer of Bad Luck, Shindou Shuichi are here…”

Matsumoto-san was interrupted by a number of cheers and several squeals, smiling at the excited audience before continuing, “…are here to tell us more about their current career statuses and separate the truth from a rumour that has shocked readers, fans and even themselves. Shindou-san will be joining us later in the show, but please join me in welcoming Yuki Eiri!”

Yuki smiled and nodded at the camera before acknowledging the roaring audience.

As the audience gradually settled down, Matsumoto-san shifted in her chair to face Yuki, “It has been some time since you have been on this show, Yuki-sensei, how have you been keeping?”

Yuki flashed Matsumoto-san his media-smile before answering, “Quite well thank you Kel-san. It is a pleasure to be here again.”

“Last time Yuki-sensei was here we were talking about the immensely popular novel Lover and since then you have released a further six best selling novels. How have you kept up with it all?”

Yuki shifted in his chair, “Well, Kel-san, when a writer has enough inspiration, words and ideas can come quite quickly and it can be, on the odd occasion, difficult to un-jumble all the ideas running around in your head.”

Matsumoto-san continued, nodding, “Well it is obvious that you have had plenty of inspiration for your novels. Where does this inspiration come from?”

Yuki waited for a moment before nodding, “Inspiration comes from anywhere. People have glanced at the most mundane objects before and been inspired to do or create something. When you develop ideas around that which has been your particular inspiration, it is a matter of trialling how far you can take that idea. There are naturally times when an expanded idea simply cannot work in the context you are trying to achieve, however it is important to keep these other ideas for any future works. After all, you never know which tiny idea is going to produce the next number one novel, single, or piece of artwork.”

Matsumoto-san nodded, “Very true, Yuki-sensei, and what about your inspiration? What inspires you to write such intricate tales of love, romance and tragedy?”

Yuki nodded, “I find that I have a preference for realistic writing. Not everything in life is as sweet and rosy as a typical romance novel may suggest. Somewhere in the world someone is going through cruel break-ups, marriage breakdowns, deaths and illnesses every single day; not everything can end in a happy ending.”

Matsumoto-san looked at Yuki for a moment before adding a further question, “Your novels have also been quite violent…”

Yuki interrupted Matsumoto-san, knowing her train of thought, “Yes, as is reality when you think about it. I feel there is no need to shield eyes away from some of the true scenes of violence and tragedy in my writing, which adds to my realistic approach. Emergency wards, accident scenes, acts of violence are not as ‘clean and clear cut’ as television shows may portray and it may seem somewhat horrific to read about, but that is what really happens.”

“Although, recently there has been a slight shift in your typically tragic endings where you have ended the novel happily. Some personal experience perhaps?” she asked slyly, sending the younger women in the audience into a tizz.

Until now, Yuki had always walked out the moment they mentioned his relationship with Shuichi, but this time, knowing his lover was to come onto the stage with him, he merely smiled softly and answered with, “Perhaps.”

Tohma, who had a reserved seat up in the sound booth with the show’s producer was about to cut the interview off out of habit, but was stopped by Yuki’s soft confession.

While the squeeing audience gradually calmed down again, Yuki glanced to the side of the stage where Shuichi was watching. The younger man was propped up against the doorframe, arms folded together, smiling lovingly back at him. Shuichi could not decide if he should stay there or run on stage and glomp Yuki. He decided on the former, opting to glomp Yuki when they were backstage.

Matsumoto-san was surprised by the unexpected answer but laughed light-heartedly when the audience settled down, “I think we need to hear more about that a bit later!” she turned to the primary camera again, “We are going to take a short break. When we come back, Shindou Shuichi will be joining us and later we will take a look at Yuki Eiri’s latest novel. Stay tuned!”

The cameras panned off and went into standby while the commercial break kicked in. Yuki could feel the excitement of the crowd building up, waiting for the moment that their favourite pop star came out. He stood up and took a drink from his glass of water while his chair was swapped with a two-seater lounge. Matsumoto-san had turned from him slightly, having her make-up and hair checked. After her check was done, she turned back to Yuki and smiled brightly, “I am surprised that you answered my question about Shindou-san, Yuki-sensei; you have always stopped your interviews before now.”

Yuki looked at her for a moment before nodding, “Yeah, well that is what this interview is for, but sometimes things can change regardless of that fact.”

They did not get a moment longer to think about that statement as Yuki and Matsumoto-san were given the signal to take their seats again.

Shuichi’s microphone had been attached to him and he was waiting for his moment to walk out on stage.

The camera panned in on Matsumoto-san and she addressed the home and studio audience, “Welcome back to Kel-TV. If you have just joined us, we are talking with renowned romance novelist, Yuki Eiri, here to tell us about a new novel and to dispel some of the rumours surrounding his relationship with Shindou Shuichi.” Matsumoto-san stopped for a moment to turn to a different camera. “Joining us today is the voice behind one of the hottest and most successful J-Pop bands we have seen since the days of Nittle Grasper, the exuberant lead singer of Bad Luck, Shindou Shuichi!”

Shuichi waited until Matsumoto-san had announced his name before he walked out from backstage. The audience had leapt out of their seats, applauding, cheering and some screaming. He smiled at the crowd and waved with his uninjured hand. He greeted the standing Matsumoto-san with a kiss on the cheek and then over towards Yuki. Yuki had stood with everyone else when Shuichi had walked out and as his lover approached him, the audience had recoiled waiting in tense anticipation.

As Shuichi reached his side, Yuki took one step towards Shuichi and captured his lips in a chaste greeting, Shuichi hugging into him for a moment while the audience went wild.

Tohma had almost fallen out of his chair before wondering if Eiri had once again been replaced by his younger brother.

Yuki, Shuichi and Matsumoto-san were still standing as the audience was quietened down by studio attendants.

Matsumoto-san turned to Shuichi, “Wow! Look at you all dressed up!”

Shuichi’s continuous smile never faulted as he took a look at himself, “I know Kel-san! Check it out! Aren’t I totally hot tonight!” he spun around causing the audience to cheer again.

One of the audience members had gotten so excited she had tears running down her face. Shuichi spotted her and pointed her out, “Aww, are you crying?”

The camera turned on the over-excited girl who had covered her face in embarrassment.

Shuichi thought it was fantastic, “Aww wow, that is awesome…Can I get a box of tissues up here?”

A stagehand had run to grab a box and handed them to Shuichi. Shuichi quickly approached the awestruck girl and handed her a handful of tissues. He turned to the audience around him, “Any one else?”

Several nearby audience members raised their hands and Shuichi pulled out about a dozen tissues and handing them to whomever he was nearest. He made his way back to the stage and handed the box back to the stagehand. On his way to his seat, Shuichi turned to the audience and while pointing to the girl, jokingly accused, “Why don’t you all love me like she does?”

As the audience burst out laughing, Matsumoto-san took her seat, Yuki and Shuichi following her lead. Instead of sitting on his designated side of the lounge, Shuichi sat up against Yuki, Yuki’s arm coming behind him on the back of the lounge. Shuichi sighed loudly, clearly happy and relaxed.

“Well I do not think I have to ask how you are today Shindou-san,” Matsumoto-san commented.

Shuichi was literally beaming, “Nope. I am absolutely happy!”

Yuki’s arm slipped down from along the back of the lounge to rest behind Shuichi, his hand on his shoulder.

Matsumoto-san sat back laughing, “So what has Bad Luck been up to since you released your latest album?”

Shuichi kept shifting his line of sight between Matsumoto-san, the audience and the camera, “As I am sure you all know, we were recently on tour down to Osaka where we played eight shows…”

Matsumoto-san cut in, “All sold out I believe…”

Shuichi nodded, “Yes! The place was maxed out for every show, the atmosphere was incredible each time,” he turned to face the camera, “Thank you to everybody who came.”

“And what are your current plans?” Matsumoto-san asked.

“We are back in the recording studio. We have compiled around sixty-two…? No, sixty-four songs ready for a new album. We are trying them all out, mixing them around at the moment,” Shuichi answered.

Matsumoto-san pressed on, “Have you come up with a title yet? When can we expect this new album to hit the shelves?”

Shuichi smiled, “We have a title, we have a prospective release date for the first single and the album itself, but I cannot tell you yet…”

The audience ‘aww-ed’.

Shuichi turned to the audience, “Sorry, but it is a secret! However, it will be a massive album with some fantastic songs; I hope you will all be as excited about it as we are.”

“A massive album? To what great heights do you see this album going, Shindou-san?” asked Matsumoto-san.

Shuichi looked at her confidently, “To Number One of course,” he laughed before stopping himself, “but I have said enough already, so you will just have to wait for the surprise.”

Matsumoto-san gave in, “Oh alright then,” she laughed before taking a more serious tone, “Let’s talk about your injury, Shindou-san.”

Shuichi nodded his consent, “Okay.”

Matsumoto-san motioned towards his wrist, “You obviously are still injured and we can see that your wrist is bandaged. How bad was the injury?”

Shuichi looked down at his wrist, “Pretty bad as far as fractures go. I do not always need this bandage on now, only on days where my wrist aches a bit. I had three fractures; one on the inside of the ulna, which is this arm bone here,” he pointed to his ulna and then to the radius, “and two on my radius. One of the fractures was located on the base of the bone, which according to the Doctor is an unusual place to receive a fracture and he was right that it has taken longer to heal than the other two fractures. For,” he looked up at Yuki questioningly, “three weeks?”

Yuki nodded, “Yes.”

Shuichi continued, “For three weeks I had a cast on after the general swelling had gone down to help that fracture heal better. For someone as active as I am, it was hard not to move my arm or my hand, but I certainly knew it when I did! Because of the way I had fallen on my wrist,” Shuichi sat forward, Yuki’s hand slipping from his shoulder to his hip, and imitated the position his wrist had been when he had hit the floor with his uninjured hand, “I had sprained the wrist as well, as to be expected. Anyone out there who has sprained anything will know how much it hurts and that it takes weeks to come good again.”

Matsumoto-san continued, “Has this injury hindered your career at all?”

Shuichi shook his head slightly, “Not really, but I have not had any scheduled appearances where I am required to perform. As I said earlier, we are working on our next album and we have pretty much been in the studio for the entire time I have been injured.”

Matsumoto-san nodded, “Of course…and how is your injury now?”

Shuichi sat back against Yuki, Yuki bringing his hand back up to Shuichi’s shoulder. Shuichi lifted his hand up in front of him, “The fractures have completely healed, but the sprain has not, obviously from the extended time of not being able to move my wrist with the cast on. I have been going to physiotherapy, which is helping me get more movement and strength back. Obviously I cannot lift anything heavy and I do not have my full movement back yet, but it is getting there!”

Yuki added his piece, “It will be good when your wrist is completely healed.”

Shuichi nodded, “I know! I will be able to use my hand without that jolt of pain, which completely ruins the mood when we…” Shuichi quickly cut himself off, realising where he was going.

Matsumoto-san had missed what Shuichi was referring to, “When you…?”

Shuichi failed at holding a slight blush back as he jerked up to look at his host, “Nothing!”

Yuki cut in, smirking, cheeks also slightly pinker, “He means like when we do normal things, like when he is washing his hair…or doing the dishes.”

Then Matsumoto-san understood them, “I see! Of course!” she laughed loudly, quickly turning to the main camera, “When we come back we find out the truth about the most recent and shocking rumours surrounding the couple, do not go away!”

The cameras were placed on standby and the group on stage were given the all clear to relax. Shuichi let the breath he was holding out, laughing slightly, “Woops!”

Yuki’s arm around Shuichi’s shoulders tightened as Yuki chuckled, “Nearly, Shuichi.”

Yuki handed Shuichi his glass of water before taking a drink from his own.

“Oh well, I am sure everyone is smart enough to know we are doing that anyway,” Shuichi commented, taking a drink.

Yuki could not argue with that logic but he added, “Sometimes it is not about that, but what some listeners will and will not accept hearing.”

Shuichi took another drink, handing the glass back to Yuki and waited for the novelist to sit back before leaning back into him, resting his head back on Yuki’s arm, “Yeah, I know. It is a bit unfair though; people are happy to speculate, but when they know it for a fact, they go off.”

Yuki kissed Shuichi just above his temple and Shuichi looked back up at Yuki, smiling gently as Yuki’s soft lips met his own.

Matsumoto-san settled herself back in her seat, letting the lovers before her know it was almost time to get back on air.

“Welcome back to Kel-TV! Tonight we are here with Yuki Eiri and his lover, Shindou Shuichi. Six weeks ago, the people of Japan woke to a disturbing headline alleging that Shuichi had been domestically victimised by Yuki Eiri. The rumours intensified when Shuichi was seen with an injured arm.” Matsumoto-san turned to the both of them, “You have both stated from the beginning that this is completely untrue and that your injury, Shindou-san, was a complete accident.”

Shuichi nodded vigorously, sitting up in his spot on the lounge and continuing to lean into Yuki’s chest, “What happened to my wrist was an accident, there is nothing else to it.”

Yuki looked directly at the camera facing him and added, “We are not an entirely perfect couple but I have never physically abused Shuichi and I never will.”

Shuichi turned to Yuki and softly pecked him on the cheek.

“Aside from the obvious wrist injury, you were alleged to have had several bruises, a completely broken arm, broken ribs, cuts and scratches…”

Shuichi scowled softly and sat forward to the edge of the lounge, “I cannot stress enough that those rumours were so untrue! I busted my wrist when I was straddling Yuki in his desk chair and fell off! My only injury was that to my wrist, no other breaks, bruises, scratches or whatever was said about me and I will prove it right now if I have to…”

Shuichi stood and quickly removed both his jacket and his white shirt together. He moved to stand before the shocked and screaming audience and the cameras that had turned to face him. He held his arms out and slowly turned around before stepping back, “See, no broken ribs, no other bruising, nothing…I am not living in a domestic violence relationship so please stop thinking it.”

Tohma knew Shuichi could do some drastic things, but this was unthinkable, even to Tohma. But Tohma gave a small smile at Shuichi’s honest, abrasive and brash actions, admiring the lengths he had gone to in order to clear Eiri’s name. This interview had turned out quite well. Although, the mobile phone on silent in his pocket constantly vibrating suggested Mika would think otherwise. Rolling his eyes, he knew exactly the kind of chewing out he would get when he did see his wife and it was for the same reasons that he did not consult her about this interview in the first place.

Yuki stood and held Shuichi’s top and jacket for him to put back on, a light blush spread across his cheeks. Shuichi had slipped the shirt and jacket onto his shoulders when one of the audience members shouted out, “But what is that on your stomach?”

Shuichi turned to look at her, face blank before shifting the open shirt to look at what they were calling out about, “Oh!” Shuichi looked back up, a cheeky, yet somehow innocent grin on his face, “That is love bite! And I am not showing you the other one!”

Shuichi turned away from the wild audience, standing before Yuki as he buttoned up his shirt. He and Yuki were sharing a similar deep blush as Shuichi faced him, laughing to each other softly. Yuki fixed Shuichi’s collar for him before leading the happy singer back to the lounge.

The audience had to be settled down again and Matsumoto-san wiped tears of laughter from her eyes, “Well that is one way to prove something, Shindou-san!”

Shuichi laughed as Yuki chuckled, commenting, “Oh, I did not mind, even though I do get to see that everyday.”

Shuichi looked up at Yuki in surprise before throwing his head back in laughter, leaning further into Yuki’s chest, Yuki’s arm tight around him. The audience had let loose several woots and whistles.

Matsumoto-san settled her own laughter before continuing, “It is evident that you feel quite strongly about proving these rumours false, Shindou-san. Have rumours about yourselves affected you this much before?”

Shuichi looked at Matsumoto-san, “Not really, no. Although there have been some incredible rumours about us swimming around out there, most of them were so ridiculous that they did not even warrant our attentions. This time, these rumours about our relationship…we had to put a stop to them. At first we just laughed at them, but after a while, and the more…”

Yuki cut in, “The more they developed, the more they hurt, to be honest.”

Shuichi nodded, “Sure, we argue sometimes but who does not. We have a wonderful relationship and that needed to be put across. To have the public under the false belief that our relationship is like that…”

“When our relationship is in effect already controversial, and these speculations were not something that could simply be ignored this time like other rumours…” Yuki added.

“…and they would only continue to hurt us even more the longer they persisted,” Shuichi finished.

Tohma was staring at his screen with wide eyes as they finished their speech. Since when have they been able to finish each other’s sentences like that? Tohma was not the only one surprised as he noticed his mobile had actually stopped vibrating for longer than it took Mika to hit redial.

Yuki continued, “However, domestic violence is a serious issue in many relationships and if you are a victim, you should seek professional help instead of enduring it.”

Shuichi nodded in agreement.

“Very well said and thank you for sharing that with us,” Matsumoto-san turned to the camera, “We will return with more after this commercial break.”

K and Mizuki had joined Tohma up in the sound booth.

K turned to Tohma, “Ah, Seguchi-san, it was an excellent idea to set this interview up. Both Bad Luck’s and Yuki-san’s sales will soar after this.”

Mizuki was in agreement, “And it really was necessary, both of their reputations had plummeted the longer those rumours had continued. We, however, should consider ourselves lucky that no one had ‘come forward’ from either of their ‘pasts’ to stake a claim on those rumours.”

Tohma looked at Mizuki and nodded, “I am aware. Eiri-san is quite promiscuous and it has been difficult to keep his private life out of the media spotlight. It is ironic that after all the effort to keep their relationship under a tight lid, we have to throw their love right in the middle of the media den.”

Back on the stage, Matsumoto-san was ready to begin the final segment of the interview and she held in her hand a copy of Yuki’s latest book, “Welcome back everyone. Romance novelist Yuki Eiri is about to release a new novel in the coming week. What can you tell us about Love’s Shadow, Yuki-sensei?”

Yuki sat back with Shuichi resting comfortably against him, “It is a bitter tale about the jealousness surrounding a love triangle between long-term friends and how frightening jealous feelings can be. I wanted to follow the other side of a love triangle instead of following the love story and the resolution has been twisted into something you would not expect.”

Matsumoto-san awed, “That does sound captivating, Yuki-sensei. I have been itching to read it since we organised this interview.”

Shuichi nodded lively, “Absolutely! I have read the novel already and it is very powerful.”

Yuki was staring down at Shuichi, “When did you read it?” Yuki drew close to Shuichi so that he was eye-to-eye with his lover, “Have you been on my laptop again?”

Shuichi looked at innocently, “No, I promise! I have not touched your laptop. Mizuki-san slipped me a copy last week.”

Yuki sat back up and continued to look down at Shuichi, “She did, huh?”

Shuichi continued to nod innocently, “Yep.”

Up in the booth, Tohma and K were smirking at the editor that looked like she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Mizuki slumped down in her chair, “The Chief is going to kick me for this…”

Matsumoto-san was watching the pair with amused attention, “It seems that you are not supposed to be on Yuki-sensei’s computer, Shindou-san.”

Yuki answered for Shuichi, “Oh hell no! He is not even allowed to look at it from a distance.”

Matsumoto-san looked between the two, “Is there any particular reason why?”

Shuichi looked like a scolded puppy, “I may have…crashed it…once…”

Yuki cut in, “Twice. And?” he looked down at Shuichi.

Shuichi looked up at Yuki with a sheepish smile while he chewed on his bottom lip, “Lost some of your work…”

Yuki continued to look down at him, “Some?”

“Half a novel…”

Matsumoto-san blanched, “Half of a novel?” she looked at the couple before her incredulously.

Yuki nodded slightly, “Yes, half of an almost finished novel. Oh, he was the one that had to go and speak to my Publishers after that.”

Matsumoto-san continued with her questions, “Which novel was this that got partly erased?”

“I am still putting it back together actually; however it should have been released before Obsession, which was two novels ago.” Yuki smiled a little and put his arm back around Shuichi’s shoulders, “That being said, I was not completely happy with that novel at the time I was writing it and I had thought about completely changing it…maybe it was a sign.”

Matsumoto-san and the audience laughed when Shuichi drew his hand across his forehead in relief.

Matsumoto-san held a copy of Yuki’s latest novel in her hand and turned to the audience, “Tonight we have had two very special guests with us who have taken a moment of their time to share with us a mere portion of their lives together. Would you please join me in thanking Yuki Eiri and Shindou Shuichi for being here tonight.”

Yuki and Shuichi both nodded their thank you to the applauding and screaming audience, Shuichi waving enthusiastically before shaking Matsumoto-san’s hand after Yuki had.

Matsumoto-san waited a moment while the audience settled down again, “Now while Shindou-san heads over to where Bad Luck has been set up to perform for us tonight, I would like everyone to look underneath their chairs because tonight you are not going home empty handed. Under everybody’s chair is a copy of Love’s Shadow personally signed by Yuki-sensei! The novel will be available in stores as of next week, so make sure you grab a copy if you have not already pre-ordered!”

The audience continued to excitedly clutch and wave their signed copies of Yuki’s latest novel as Matsumoto-san introduced Bad Luck.

“For the first time since being back in the studio, Bad Luck are back on the stage to perform for you their encore medley from their recent tour down to Osaka. Here they are for you all! Bad Luck!”

The cameras panned in on Shuichi standing side on to the microphone stand with his head down, poised and ready for Hiro and Suguru to begin playing the first bars of their rearrangement. They began a slow, instrumental introduction before Shuichi softly sang random lines from Easy Action, Super Drive and The Rage Beat. The music started to slowly build up before slamming into the chorus of Easy Action before shifting into The Rage Beat and finishing with Super Drive.

Shuichi motioned for Hiro and Suguru to come up to the front with him as the audience thundered their appreciation for the performance. Matsumoto-san was followed by Yuki up to the stage to give her send off. Yuki moved to stand behind Shuichi and placed one hand on Shuichi’s shoulder.

“You have been watching Kel-TV. I hope you have had as wonderful a time as we have! Thank you to Yuki Eiri-sensei, thank you to Shindou Shuichi-san and thank you to Bad Luck! Have a great night everybody!”

The cameras and lights all changed as the credits were applied to the screen and Matsumoto-san was given the all clear as the cameras were turned off. Shuichi continued to wave back to the audience as they were lead backstage and had their microphones removed.

Not two seconds later saw Shuichi with his arms wrapped tight around Yuki’s neck stealing a long but chaste kiss from his lover. When Shuichi pulled back he said, “That was an amazing interview Eiri! I love you so much!”

Yuki smiled down at his lover before they were joined by Tohma, Mizuki and K to finalise the recording and partake in the after-interview pleasantries before Yuki and Shuichi were permitted to head home. Shuichi hummed happily to himself as he removed his overcoat and laid it on the lounge next to him. He was still revelling in the long, sweet make out session he and Yuki had shared in the back of the limousine that drove them home. He had removed his black jacket and undone another button of his white shirt when Yuki came into the lounge area with two drinks, scotch and Coke for Shuichi and straight scotch for himself.

Shuichi waited for Yuki to make himself comfortable on the lounge before sitting next to him and swinging both his legs to tangle with Yuki’s. With their free arms around each other, they slowly enjoyed their drinks together before talking about their interview.

Shuichi leaned his head down to rest on Yuki’s shoulder, “You really surprised me you know…”

Yuki took another drink from his glass, “When?”

Shuichi smiled softly, “When you kissed me on stage.” Shuichi lifted his head up and took a sip of his drink, “I did not expect it, but I loved it!” Shuichi leaned forward slightly so he could kiss the corner of Yuki’s mouth before pulling back to take another drink.

Yuki smirked at his lover, whom the alcohol was tinting his cheeks lightly, “I cannot believe you stripped off on national television.”

Shuichi threw his head back in laughter before finishing his drink completely, “I know! I still have no clue as to what made me decide to do that, but I am still glad I did it! I just hope it worked and proved that you do not beat me up.”

Yuki downed his own drink before shifting to place their empty glasses on the coffee table. He sat back and pulled Shuichi tighter into his arms, “Well, we will find out in tomorrow’s paper. I am certain our interview will make the first four pages if it is not all over the cover.”

Shuichi softly kissed Yuki’s cheek while he teasingly played with Yuki’s ear, “Just like you should be all over me tonight, hmm?”

The hands on Shuichi’s body began to caress him as Yuki answered Shuichi’s question with a searing kiss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there everyone!

Thank you for reading the second chapter!
I would say this fic is now finished lol!
I apologise if Yuki felt a bit OOC with the interview, but I wanted him to be, well, he had to be more open about their relationship during the interview.

So please leave a review and let me know what you think!

Ja ne!
KittenCeez!!!
xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story