Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Warped Tour '05 Romance

♫This is how we do it on the murder scene♫

by OhSoIntricateLie 0 reviews

“You know what, I should go write a song about this,Patrick. It sounds just like one of our songs and guess what? When we play it live, you can dedicate it to Roxy.”

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-05-19 - Updated: 2008-05-19 - 1213 words - Complete

0Unrated
‘SOUNDCHECK’

As many of you know I had a relationship with a certain lead singer from a certain Chicago band. Had being the key word. Yes dear readers I’m sorry to report that the Fall Out Boy lead singer and I had a fall out and that our relationship is in the past. Maybe our affiliation will be made into an emo anthem. I’ve had a troubling time writing this edition’s ‘SOUNDCHECK’ article. Lately I’ve been depressed and honestly I just don’t give a damn about much anmore. This article has been like hell to maintain so I confided in Rich Jamison, our editor, and I’ve decided that this will be the final ‘SOUNDCHECK’.

Signing off,
Roxy Riot

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

“No effing way. Have you guys read the latest ‘SOUNDCHECK’” Joe asked?

It was a lazy August day and everyone was lounging around Pete’s parents house.

“No, what does it say,” Patrick asked from his spot on the couch.

“That the two of you split. She also says she’s going through depression and that she doesn’t give a damn about much anymore. Her words not mine. Oh and that this is the last ‘SOUNDCHECK’.”

Patrick sat up and almost fell off the couch.

Pete grabbed the magazine and scowled at it.

“You know what, I should go write a song about this Patrick. It sounds just like one of our songs and guess what? When we play it live, you can dedicate it to Roxy.”

Pete’s words stung Patrick and shocked everyone else. Pete stood up and walked over to Patrick.

“Just so you know bro, I saw Sam making out with another guy in the park last night.”

Swearing, Patrick stood up and ran out of the house and hopped in his car, leaving Pete with a snarl on his face.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
The next day…

“Is she still in there?”

Donna nodded, “Yes Mikey. Sometimes I hear her come out at night and go down stairs, other than that she hasn’t come out of her room in two weeks.”

“Does she speak at all,” Gerard asked running his fingers through his already tousled black hair.

“Yes, sometimes she talks to herself. Or maybe she’s talking to Izzy. I don’t know, but she thinks that Patrick was just playing her. And that she never could have seen Patrick doing this to her.”

Gerard growled and kicked the door frame. At the same time the door bell rang.

“I’ve got it,” Donald told the three as they stood at the bottom of the stairs.

“Is Roxanne at home, I really need to speak with her.”

Both Way boys turned around at the sound of the speaker’s voice and both glowered.

“Are you sure you want to step inside this house,” Gerard asked menacingly.

Donna rolled her eyes and pushed both of her sons away from the lower landing. Walking over to the short red head she warned, “Roxy doesn’t want to see her and I don’t blame her. But if you want to speak to her, it’s your death wish. Her room is the second on the right.”

Patrick nodded and went to the room that he directed to. Patrick knocked on the door as he opened it.

“Roxy?”

Patrick turned on the light. He was shocked at what he saw. Roxanne’s room was a mess; the sheet on the floor smelled like mildew, black smudges adorned her pillows, her hair was a greasy mess, and Roxanne her self was paler than the white sheets on her bed.

“Roxanne?”

“Why are you here,” Roxanne croaked as she looked at him through eyeline smudged eyes, “Was I just a toy to you? A fill-in?”

Patrick shook his head as he sat on the edge of her bed.

“No, sugar. I really did love you. Honestly.”

“Don’t call me sugar,” she warned.

Patrick nodded, “Sorry. But yes, I did love you.”

“What about her?”

“Samantha? She was my ex girlfriend, that I did still have feelings for. Well she caught up with us on the last tour date and we talked things out and I realized that I did still love her. Roxanne I am so sorry that you had to find out the way you did.”

Roxanne stared at him with an open mouth, “You apparently didn’t love me that much.”

Patrick lowered his eyes, “She didn’t love me like she said she did either. Pete told me he saw her making out with another guy a few days ago.”

“Do you honestly think I’m going to take you back?”

Patrick shook his head, “No. I didn’t. Not for one minute. Look I know that you probably hate me right now--”

“That’s the understatement of the year,” Roxanne said cutting him off.

Patrick sighed, “I just wanted to let you know that. I didn’t do it because I was playing you or that you were just a one-time thing. Honestly I was in to you. It’s just that, well, I just wanted to apologize. I can’t express how sorry I am, and I know I’ll never be able to make up for it. Roxanne?”

Roxanne looked up at Patrick through her greasy bangs.

“Yes?”

“I was partly the reason why you gave up your column, wasn’t I?”

Roxanne nodded.

“Yes. Thinking back now, it was probably a foolish thing to do. I wonder if I talk to Rich he’ll let me have it back. But back to us, the reason why I did all of that was that I thought that maybe you had been playing me this whole time. But now I remember back to our first talk when I was late and you told me you thought I wouldn’t follow through with our date. I realize now that you’ve been hurt before so you wouldn’t intentionally hurt someone else. Your not that kind of person Patrick. Your sweet, funny, charming, very good looking, and many more things. You think your not, your self esteem is low, but you are.”

Patrick smiled his first genuine smile in a week.

“Thank you, Roxy. And you. Your not just the girl with the looks and the money. But you’ve got brains, I like that. Your witty and your sarcastic. Your loving and affectionate. A guy would have to be a fool to ever loose you.”

“So I guess you’re a fool,” Roxanne said arching a single eyebrow.

Patrick laughed, “I guess I am.”

Roxanne sighed and gave Patrick a hug.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Risking your life by coming here and telling me this. Letting me know that you did care and that you still do. Everything. But I still won’t date you again.”

Patrick nodded, “I understand completely. Hopefully I won’t sound cliché or rub salt into an open wound, but would you rather be just friends.”

Roxanne thought a minute, “Yeah. I would.”

Patrick hugged Roxanne for several seconds before breaking the hug.

“Risking my life?”

Roxanne pointed at a poster of her brothers and began singing, ♫This is how we do it on the murder scene♫
Sign up to rate and review this story