Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You Remind Me of a Former Love

If You're Going Then Go

by DeadOnArrival626 3 reviews

Miranda is heartbroken when she is forced to seperate from her childhood sweetheart Brendon. Will they ever reunite?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-04-28 - Updated: 2008-05-21 - 977 words

0Unrated
"If You're Going Then Go"

I think that I must be the luckiest girl in the world. That didn’t seem to be the case back in 8th grade though. I had just started dating the boy of my dreams; his name was Brendon. I had always liked him. Even though he was gawky at stages, he always found a way to put a smile on my face, so I ignored his awkward stage. He had grown into a nice young man. I myself can say so, since I had known him practically 9 years by that time. His hair was a dark brown and always half covered his magnificent brown eyes, and he had the most beautiful lips I had ever seen on a boy. They were so full. He was my first crush. I always got shivers down my spine when I caught his subtle glace from across the classroom.
I will never forget that day when he finally confessed his true feelings for me. We were out with a group of our friends to go ice skating one winter at the arena rink (since it doesn’t get too cold here in Las Vegas) and I had fallen and hurt my ankle. He stayed by my side the rest of the time while our friends continued skating.

“Brendon, go finish skating, I’ll be fine here myself.” I said with a bright red face. I wasn’t sure if I was just cold from the air in the arena, or if I was blushing.
“No, no, I’ll stay here with you; it isn’t fair that you should have to sit here all alone.” He replied.
“Aw thanks, but you really don’t have to.” I insisted.
“But I’ve been meaning to tell you something…” he said trailing off.
“What?” I stated in a half confused, half startled manner.
“Well, the thing is…” he said not looking me in the eye.
“Spit it out already.” I said jokingly shoving him to the side.
“I like you!” He exclaimed. It looked like all the air had been knocked clear out of his chest. All the color from his face quickly disappeared and it looked as if he was going to be sick. I sat there awestruck. “Could this be happening?” I thought to myself. Without thinking I grabbed him by the shoulders and said:
“I like you too!” All the color soon rushed back to his glowing face and he just grabbed my and kissed me passionately on the lips. I had been seriously thrown for a loop.

He had felt the same way I did for all those years. I was crushed about all the time that was wasted because of the fear of being rejected. We started dating for a while. We didn’t do too much while we were together, because we were only thirteen at the time, but we were so happy to be with each other all the same. We had everything we wanted, but all of that changed.
My dad had gotten this job offer that he couldn’t turn down. He was to be relocated to the East coast, and I was to go with him. I was happy for his success and he was happy that I was going to be separated from Brendon. My father never recognized my relationship to Brendon and he detested him for everything that he was. My dad just never saw his true potential.

“He wants to be a musician?” My dad scoffed.
“Yeah, so? What’s wrong with that?” I replied disgruntled.
“He will never succeed in life.” He would always say.

So, obviously he was thrilled at the chance of getting us apart. It was the hardest thing in the world telling Brendon the bad news. I spent an hour sobbing into his warm shoulder and he just wished that I could stay in his arms forever. I knew that he truly cared about me. This was really prevalent the night before my family was set to depart for our future home in Boston.
As I lay in my bed, tears streaming down my cheek, I heard a rock hit my window. I rolled out of bed and peered outside, only to see his smiling face far down below.

“What are you doing here?” I said in a hushed, slightly giggly voice.
“I came to say goodbye. You’re going to let me in aren’t you?” he said quizzically.
“It’s 1:15 in the morning silly.” I said.
“So?” he replied as he began climbing the lattice attached to my house. He stumbled in through my window with a huge THUD.
“That better not have woken my dad!” I said startled. We waited a few moments and heard that no one was disturbed and we both issued a sigh of relief.
“I couldn’t bear you leaving without saying a final goodbye Miranda.” He said wholeheartedly.
“That’s so sweet of you,” I said with even more tears filling my eyes, “But we haven’t much time left to be together.”
“I know.” His said disappointedly.

We both climbed into my bed and just lay there, savoring our last few precious hours together before our forced separation. We talked for a while, about how much we would miss each other, and about how we would find each other again when we could finally reunite. After a while I drifted off to sleep. The last thing I could remember before him leaving the next morning was the touch of his warm lips to my cheek as he slipped out my window so he wouldn’t be detected by my father. That kiss nearly broke my heart. I knew that that would be the last time I would see him for a long time, if ever again. But I was wrong.
Sign up to rate and review this story