Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Love Just Is

Chapter Seven

by oh_my_spencer 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-22 - Updated: 2008-05-23 - 749 words

0Unrated


Chapter 7-


(Still Spencer’s point of view)

“Spencer? Spencer? Spencer James Smith wake up!” he heard a familiar voice call his name. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Rachel staring down at him. He smiled and sat up, “Hey, how long have I been out?”

Rachel checked her watch, “Like, six hours. You fell asleep during hide-and-go-seek.” Spencer thought for a second and he remembered that he was in the parking lot of an old abandoned Drive-In theater, where the seven amigos had stopped to hang out and play a few really childish games, like hide-and-go-seek and duck duck goose. He looked at the back seat and saw Ryan and Lilly were also fast asleep. Parked next to them was Jon’s car, where everyone was also asleep.

“What time is it?” he asked, pulling out his cell phone. “It’s like almost seven.”

“Did you go to sleep?” he asked. “I woke up like, two hours ago. But I got lonely so I woke you up.” Rachel said. Spencer chuckled, careful not to wake Ryan and Lilly. “What have you been doing this whole time?”

Rachel showed him her iPod and said, “I listened to every single freakin’ song on this thing like, twice already.” Her iPod had over 1000 songs, so that was saying a lot.

“Wow, you must’ve been bored.” Spencer said. “Let’s go outside.” They opened the car doors and stepped outside into the crisp, cloudy morning. Spencer walked over to Jon’s car and saw Brenda and Jon asleep up front and Brendon lying down on the backseat.

Rachel walked up next to him and looked into the car. “Ew, Brendon’s drooling” she said, pointing out the clear liquid coming out of Brendon’s mouth down his neck onto his shirt collar.

“Haha, gross.” Spencer said. “Well, its not the first time. Remember that camp-out at Lilly’s like, three years ago?”

Rachel laughed as the memories flooded her head, “Boy do I remember that.” They laughed together, and soon they began cracking up so much they couldn’t stop. They sank down and sat leaning against the back end of Rachel’s car and tried to calm down. When at last they were able to catch their breath, they stayed in silence for a few minutes simply enjoying each other’s company.

Spencer spotted her hand laying close to his, he took it in his own and held it tight. She returned the pressure and rested her head on his shoulder. He lightly kissed her head and laid his head above hers.

He was completely at peace. Nothing could take away the feeling of happiness he had inside. A small while later, a thought came to his head, and without really thinking it through, he said, “Rachel?”

“Mm?” she asked. Suddenly regretting even saying anything, he sighed, “Um, never mind.” Rachel was curious, “What were you going to say?”

Spencer quickly said, “Just forget it.” Rachel took her head off his shoulder and looked at him, “Really, what were you going to say? Tell me!”

“I was just going to say that we should probably wake the others.” He could see it in her eyes that she was expecting him to say something else. Trying to hide her disappointment, she said, “Oh…yeah, we probably should.”

They got up, and Spencer felt a burning pit both guilt and frustration in his stomach. He knew that he loved her, but he just couldn’t bring himself to say it. It was too soon. What if she didn’t feel the same way?

Spencer walked over to the side of Jon’s car and began knocking hard on the window, silently pretending that he was banging on his own head. “Wake up people!”

A few feet away, Rachel was knocking on the window trying to wake up Ryan and Lilly. Jon opened his eyes, followed by Brenda, and, quite reluctantly, Brendon. “How long were we asleep?” Jon asked as he climbed out of the car to stretch his legs. “Ya’ll were asleep for a while.” Spencer replied as Brenda too came out of the car. Ryan, Lilly and Rachel walked over to the group and Ryan said, “I can’t believe we fell asleep here.”

“Fifteen rounds of Hide-And-Go seek can really knock a person out.” Jon said, making the others chuckle. While everyone else talked, Spencer kept quiet, his mind racing with one question. Should I have told her?
Sign up to rate and review this story