Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Love Just Is

Chapter Ten

by oh_my_spencer 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-22 - Updated: 2008-05-23 - 2293 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10-

(Spencer’s point of view)

“How the hell am I supposed to raise my two Ds!” Brendon exclaimed at their lunch table. “English is hell and Math…oh god, Mr. Brenner hates me!” Brendon cried in despair and put his head on the table. Brenda put a comforting hand on his shoulder and said, “Don’t worry Bren, we’ll help you.”

Brendon nodded, his head still on the table. “I know, but the only way I’ll be able to pass Math and English are if I steal the answer key and hide it under my desk during the test.”

“Hey cheer up,” Ryan said, “Be glad you have to smart people as best friends.” Brendon nodded again, and Jon said, “We’ll do whatever it takes, because we all want to go to LA and if you don’t pass Math or English, we’re screwed.”

“Are you gonna help me for my own sake or for LA?” Brendon asked suspiciously. “Both, I promise.” Jon answered. Spencer listened as his friends continued trying to revive Brendon from a school-related depression, his eyes constantly flickering toward Rachel, who was sitting right next to him.

She caught his eyes and smiled back at him. Spencer was in love, it sounded corny when he said it to himself in his mind like that, but it was the truth.

“Spencer, what classes do you have to work on?” Brenda suddenly asked, breaking him away from his thoughts. “Oh, um I need to fix my History grade and my English grade. Both Cs.” Spencer replied.

“Rachel?” Brenda said, turning her attention to her. “Uh, I need History and Math, I suck at both.” Rachel simply answered. “Okay, so Ryan needs Spanish, Lilly has trouble in Chemistry, Spencer needs History and English, and Brendon needs English, Math, and History, and finally Rachel sucks at History and Math.” Brenda recited.

“Sounds about right.” Jon confirmed, “Looks like afternoons in the library are necessary.”

Brendon raised his head and groaned, “Jon! I know our grades are crappy, but you two don’t need to torture us!”

“Hey, you want to go to LA don’t you?” Brendon nodded, knowing that Jon had a point. “Ugh, fine. LA had better be worth it if I’m gonna freakin’ murder myself at the…library.” He said the last word in disgust.

“I know it will.” Rachel said happily. “Concerts and clubs, that’s sure to be awesome.”

“I can’t believe you scored tickets for Escape the Fate.” Lilly said, “That’s gonna be amazing!” Spencer knew that Lilly’s favorite band was Escape the Fate, so she was the most excited one of the whole group.

Suddenly, a ringtone began playing out of Rachel’s pocket.

Ooo, this is an SOS
Don’t wanna second guess
This is the bottom line it’s true

“Oh my god, it’s the Jonas Brothers!” Ryan exclaimed. “Shut up!” Rachel fired back as she answered the phone. “Hello?” As she talked, Spencer watched her talking to whom he figured out was her mom. “Yeah…ok, I’ll be home. Bye.” Rachel hung up and said, “My mom. She wants me home at five because I’m going to a doctor’s appointment.”

Spencer shuddered, “Oh, good luck. I hate the doctor’s.”

Rachel smiled, “You don’t hate the doctor, you hate the doctor’s freaky tools.” Spencer nodded to tell her that she was right. To this day, he had always found hospitals and doctors very uncomfortable. Whenever he saw a hospital bed with someone in it covered in tubes with needles sticking out all over the place, it scared him.

“Why do you have a Jonas Brothers ringtone?” Ryan asked with an amused expression. “Because they are awesome, why?” she asked.

“Ew, they are so gay! I thought you were an all heavy metal girl! Why can’t you have a normal ringtone?”

Rachel looked straight at Ryan and said, “If listening to heavy rock music and having ‘Ay Bay Bay’ as your ringtone is normal, then I don’t want to be normal.” Everyone knew that Ryan’s ringtone was Ay Bay Bay.

“She’s got a point.” Brendon said. Ryan rolled his eyes and said, “Whatever guys.”

~*~

After school, they seven amigos had drove over to the local library to begin cramming heavily for next week. Their teacher’s had informed them of exams that would determine their final grades, so that added to the stress that they already had from their parents.

They walked into the silent library, where a few people were sitting at tables and standing against bookshelves, but they were all doing the same thing. Reading books.

“Oh god, we’ve come of land of the nerds.” Brendon said. A guy wearing large rimmed glasses standing close to him scowled at him before readjusting his spectacles and resuming his normal position of having his head in a rather thick book.

“Oops.” Brendon whispered with a smirk on his face as they all laid their belonging at a large table away from everyone else.

Spencer took out his binder and his History textbook. “Brendon, what grade did you get on that History quiz?”

“I got an 89.” he answered. Spencer sighed, “That figures. Let me see it.” Brendon handed over his test so Spencer could study it. “Brenda, I need help in Spanish!” Ryan whined.

Brenda turned to him and said, “Okay, con que nesesitas ayuda?” Ryan looked at her and said, “Bless you.” She rolled her eyes and said, “Ugh, boy you do need help.”

Meanwhile, Rachel and Lilly were listening intently as Jon quietly explained how to solve the equations for their Math homework. Brendon’s eyes wandered aimlessly and Spencer began reading Chapter 7 from the textbook.

“For the last time, Invierno means winter, not hell! Infierno means hell, got it?” Brenda stated for the fifth time. “They sound the same! It’s not my fault they people who made up the Spanish language ran out of ways to pronounce the word hell. Sheesh!” Ryan scoffed at Brenda’s impatience.

“X equals what?” Lilly asked. Jon said, “It equals nine and y equals 17.4 times 3.”

Rachel wrote down what Jon had stated and then asked, “So…y equals 52.2 right?” Jon nodded, “Yep.” Lilly made an ‘o’ shape with her mouth and hurriedly erased hat she had written down.

“How could you have gotten a better grade than me on this quiz dude? I got a freakin’ 73!” Spencer whispered in disbelief. Brendon shrugged and said, “Maybe some people are just naturally good at History.”

“Dude, nobody is naturally good at History!”

“What about that one girl on TV that went to college when she was fifteen? Huh? Don’t you think that maybe she was naturally good at History?”

Spencer rolled his eyes. “Okay, maybe you’ve got a point there. But that means she was a freshmen when she was eleven! My brain would have self-destructed if that was me.” Brendon nodded in agreement.

A few minutes later, everything was silent. Spencer lifted his eyes away from his book and caught Rachel also looking around. She winked at him. “Umm, I’ll be right back. I have to go get a book from the shelf.” Rachel stated, standing up from her chair. Spencer followed her lead and said, “I need a book too, be right back.” No one looked up as Spencer and Rachel walked away from them toward the towering shelves of books.

Once they were concealed from watching eyes, Rachel smiled at Spencer and casually said, “Hey, what’s going on?”

“Did you really need a book?” he asked, smirking. “Nope, you?”

“Nope.” Spencer replied, still smiling. “Why’d you come here then?” Rachel asked.

“I was sick of Brendon humming the song ‘Thnks Fr Th Mmrs’ from Fall Out Boy. He needs humming lessons.” Spencer answered, making her giggle.

He watched her trying to control her giggling and noticed the way her nose curled. “Haha, hey…your nose curls when you laugh.” he said with a smile. Rachel’s eyes widened and she said, “Oh my god, I was hoping you wouldn’t notice. It looks freakin’ retarded when it does that.”

Spencer shook his head, “No, it’s really kinda cute on you.”

Rachel rolled her eyes and said, “Kiss up.”

“You know you like it Rachel, don’t lie.” He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. Rachel wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her face. Spencer smiled as he kissed her and pulled her against him, closing the space between them. She was standing up against the book shelf and Spencer made it impossible to escape.

After a few minutes, they came up for air. “You know, as much as I’d love to keep kissing you, I think the others are gonna wonder where we are.” Spencer’s lips moved to her neck and ignored her.

“Spencer?”

“Hmm?” he murmured against her skin. “C’mon, we should go.” Rachel coaxed. Finally Spencer raised his eyes to look at her. A smile that would make any girl melt played on his lips and he said, “You always have to ruin my fun don’t you?” He made a puppy face and hoped Rachel would give in.

“Spencer, don’t do this to me please.” she pleaded. “Then stay.” Spencer asked.

Rachel checked her watch. It was four-thirty. “Well…I guess we could leave early. You have to drive me home anyway.”

Spencer smiled wide and leaned down to plant a small kiss on her jaw before leading her back to the others. Once they were within earshot, Rachel said, “Sorry guys, but I gotta go now.”

Lilly looked at her watch and back at Rachel. “But it’s only four thirty five!”

“Which means there’s gonna be a shit load of traffic.” Spencer said as he picked up his books. “I’ll be back later guys.”

Ryan gave Spencer a suspicious look, but he simply shrugged and began walking with Rachel toward the front door. “You guys are so lazy!” Brendon shout/whispered to them.

Once they were outside, Spencer took a deep breath of fresh air and sighed. “Do you know how much I hate that library?” They looked around and spotted Spencer’s car under a small tree at the far end of the parking lot, next to Brendon’s car.

Rachel nodded, “Yeah, remember you threw up in that same library in sixth grade?”

Spencer smiled, “Those were the days.” Rachel slid into the passenger’s seat next to Spencer and threw her bag into the back seat while he mimicked her every move. Spencer turned on the ignition and out of nowhere, a loud song by a new band called Panic! At The Disco blasted out of the speakers.

Rachel and Spencer jumped at the loud sound and he quickly turned it down. “That almost gave me a heart attack!” Rachel exclaimed, her hand on her chest trying to chill. “Sorry, I was kinda in the zone a few days ago and I guess I forgot to turn it down.”

“Wait,” Rachel said, she turned it up slightly, “Hey, I love this song! Isn’t it that one where the video has all the people wearing fish tanks?”

Spencer nodded and said, “Yeah, it’s the same band that sings the song I Write Sins Not Tragedies, remember?” He watched her nod her head to the beat and begin singing along.

Let’s get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
So testosterone boys and harlequin girls
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close?

“Damn, this song is amazing.” Rachel commented. “The lyrics make them sound like man-whores.” Spencer said. Rachel looked at him, shocked and he quickly exclaimed, “Kidding!”

Rachel slapped his shoulder and said, “That was uncalled for Mr. Smith.” Spencer sighed, “I’m sorry, will you forgive me?” He kissed her lips with the gentlest touch and Rachel groaned, “Ugh, I hate you.”

Spencer smiled and kissed her again. “No you don’t.” he whispered against her lips. Suddenly, Rachel grabbed him around his neck and pulled him toward her, their lips still attached. Spencer’s hands went down to her waist and kissed her at full-speed.

Spencer’s tongue traced the edge of her lips, and Rachel obliged by opening her mouth. Rachel’s hands untangled themselves from his hair and went down to his chest, to the zipper of his hoodie. Slowly, she unzipped it, revealing his black fitted t-shirt. Spencer helped her by shrugging off the hoodie and helping her take hers off.

The temperature seemed to rise in the car as Rachel leaned forward, making Spencer lean against the door. Her hands clutched at his hair, his were going from her neck, down her back, to her waist and back up again. Spencer detached his lips from hers and began a trail down her jaw line to her neck. As he tarced his fingers down her arm, he felt small bumps form on the places he touched. Unable to stop himself, he smiled and chuckled.

Rachel looked at him and asked, “What’s so funny?” He shook his head, “Nothing.” Rachel raised her eyebrows suspiciously, but it faded once Spencer re-attached his lips to hers.

Rachel’s soft hand was at his neck, caressing the skin between his hair and collar bone. Spencer tentatively played with the bottom of her shirt, then his fingers lowly crawled up her shirt, feeling her smooth skin under his palm. Rachel groaned softly and kissed him harder.

Nothing could make him feel as high as he felt at that moment.
Sign up to rate and review this story