Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Here there be monsters...

by the_dork_side01 0 reviews

Jane thought she had problems before. Now she finds herself in the midst of an underground cult of people just like her and, little known to her, the love of her life. (Gerard doesn't come in re...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2008-05-27 - Updated: 2008-05-28 - 1629 words

0Unrated
I sat upon my perch, watching with dilated eyes as the men walked in circles below, small as ants. One was rather large, but the other two looked average size, though it was always hard to tell until you stood next to them. My weight shifted to my haunches as one made the mistake of venturing directly under me. I leapt to the fire escape across the alley before pushing off of it silently and landing directly on my victim’s shoulders. He didn’t even manage to scream before he fell to the ground with a thud, neck broken and eyes wide with terror.

The muffled fall of their comrade alerted the others, and they turned with matching expressions of confusion as they saw a girl sitting atop his limp body. The corner of my mouth lifted slightly in amusement as the larger one raised his arm, wielding a crowbar in a threatening fashion. “Who the heck are you?”

“Get out,” I said softly and, I thought, rather nicely. They both looked at each other, one annoyed, the other still wearing a stupid baffled look. “Now,” I added for effect.

“Look, Kitten, I don’t know who you are, and I couldn’t care less. All I know is that if you want to keep that pretty face of yours intact, you better start addressin’ us with some respect,” he said, taking a step forward. He obviously wasn’t going to take any flack from some girl who decided to drop into his alley.

My eyes narrowed at the word ‘Kitten’, but I maintained control of myself for the time being. One body was enough for now. “Well, sir,” I said with heavy sarcasm as I stood and stepped onto the pavement from the man’s torso. “All I know is that if you want to live to see tomorrow morning, you better start haulin' ass…‘Kitten.’” I was now standing inches from him, staring into his confused and furious eyes. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes to calm himself. My smirk grew bigger as I realized that he had no intention of complying. Good, it’s never fun without a fight.

Before he could open his eyes, I had sent my fist flying at his nose. His head went back with a sickening crack. His friend had been backing away, clearly convinced that I was someone not to mess with, and as I glanced in his direction he froze and eyed his partner warily. I leapt into the air, somersaulted and landed directly behind him. I grabbed a fistful of hair on the back of his head, kneeing him in the back and jerking down. The man was on his knees instantly, arching his back inwards and gasping in pain. With a flip, I was standing a few feet in front of him. A kick to the chin sent his head flying backwards, then forwards with frightening speed. He fell forward, groaning and clutching his broken jaw.

I cart wheeled over to the first man who was holding his nose as a waterfall of blood gushed from it. I smiled sweetly as he shot me a livid look and flailed his arms wildly at me. I ducked and missed the crowbar, but unfortunately, his other fist was ready for that move. A sharp pain lit my face and I hit the ground before I knew what had happened. My eye and part of my cheek were numb, but I knew I would feel it later. With practiced movement and coordination, I locked my foot behind the guy’s knee and pulled his leg out from under him, the sound of his thick skull hitting the asphalt audible from where I was.

“Ouch,” I commented as I spun into a standing position. “That had to hurt.” The groans confirmed my guess. “I think I’ve changed my mind about making you leave, though. I haven’t had such a cooperative toy in SO long.” I rubbed my cheek softly, aware of the small cut that was bleeding slightly directly above it.

A flurry of movement and I turned to watch the other man as he stood and began to back away, obviously battling with himself about whether it was worth waiting to see if his friend would be okay or if he should high-tail it out of here before he wasn’t. "Let's GO!" he almost screamed, his voice cracking with fear.

I knelt next to the man on the ground and grabbed the front of his shirt. “I think you should listen to your friend here. He seems to be the only one with half a brain still in his head," I said, eyeing the blood stain on his shirt suggestively. I pulled him to his feet, not quite as heavy as he looked. His eyes tried to focus on me as I talked. “Now get the hell out of here!” I pushed him, not too hard though. I didn’t want to have to pick him back up. He stumbled slightly but suddenly seemed to regain himself as he sprinted down the street, leaving the other man hurrying to catch up.

“Good riddens!” I yelled, kicking an empty can after them as the turned and disappeared down another alley. The can bounced off of the asphalt and hit the dumpster to my left before finally rolling to a rest once again in front of my shoe-less feet. I stared down at it for a moment, contemplating whether or not kicking it again was worth the trouble.


“My, aren’t we territorial?” asked a velvet voice, and I quickly turned to see what poor soul hadn’t joined the others in their retreat. But as I looked around, I could see no one, even with my excellent night vision. I sniffed the air, and it too revealed nothing but a rat somewhere among the trash.

“Very,” I answered coolly, but I tried to make it hint at a threat. I turned on the spot, slowly, taking in every crevice of the wall but still not finding anything. Perhaps I had imagined the voice. It’s never good to hear voices, Jane, I told myself. But it had been so clear, like they were standing next to me, speaking in my ear.

A chuckle followed my words, and I froze, listening again for any hint of where it might be coming from. “Well, then, I guess I should be on my way…” the voice began to falter, as if it was walking away. But my curiosity had been perked, and after a moment I shouted, “Wait!”

There was a moment of silence, and I thought I was too late. Then it spoke up, slightly smugger than before. “I’m sorry, did you want to say something?”

“Who are you?” I asked, ignoring the patronizing tone in the question.

“Interesting,” it said after a moment, mostly to itself. “Others before you have asked, ‘What are you?’ or ‘Where are you?’. But as I answered their meaningless questions, I guess it’s only fair to answer yours as well. The name’s Joe…I would extend a hand for a formal greeting, but seeing as how I am without one…”

I laughed uneasily, unsure if the statement was supposed to be funny, or if disembodied voices were sensitive about things like that. It gave a chuckle too, and I guessed it was the former. “Well, I’m Jane. It’s good to— ” A flash of light and a loud rumble turned my attention up. Dark purple clouds swirled furiously against the black sky, and I grimaced as an icy drop stung my cheek.

“Hmm.”

“What is it?” I asked before silently scolding myself for talking to the voice as if it existed. Would I really accept my own insanity so easily?

“Well, it’s mighty cold and wet out here…” it said, tone heavy with implications.

I decided to play along. “And where might one find somewhere warmer and dryer?”

“Over there,” and even though there was no physical way of knowing where the voice indicated, my eyes immediately dropped to the warehouse directly beside me. The door had fallen off of its hinges, and the boards put in its place had collapsed upon themselves, leaving enough room for someone to squeeze right through.

A glance up at the skies and I quickly made my way over. The awning over the frame was torn and battered, hardly any protection against rain, much less more frightening weather. I squeezed through the tiny opening, wincing as splinters pricked at my skin, and then I was inside. There was a flash of lightening and I could hear the sudden torrent of rain as it came down on the streets outside. I watched through the hole in the door, sighing with relief that I was still dry and somewhat warm. But one can only get so comfortable in a tank top, a pair of Capri’s and no shoes. “Thank you, Joe!” I said, more to myself than anything.

“You’re welcome.” I froze. I hadn’t been expecting an answer, sure that my insanity had passed when I walked into the warehouse. But that is not the reason I now stood petrified, unwilling to turn around. The voice earlier had sounded so clear, almost like it had been inside my head. But now, the voice came from somewhere else, and as I took a slow breath, a vast array of scents flooded my nose. That was when I realized I was not alone.

“Hello, Jane. I’m glad you could join us.”





My first story on this site. Please review and if they're good ones, then I will post chapter two. =)




**
Sign up to rate and review this story