Categories > Original > Drama

Of This World

by deadlikewoah 0 reviews

Emily Allister. Two simple words that everyone knows. She has to best friends, but will one of the two win her heart or someone else?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-05-29 - Updated: 2008-05-30 - 376 words

0Unrated
"Well, here I am for the hundredth time this year. For you who don't know me. I'm Emily Allister. Myself and the rest of the now 'former' sophomores, are welcoming you to the next page of the chapter we're writing in our lives. We're graduating to the next grade of Zacharys High school. Of course this isn't as big as seniors but alls well ends well.I would like to present you Mr.Dedris. Fellow friend, and teacher, of 2007-2008's sophomore class." I shake hands with Mr Dedris and the audience applauses. I walk off to my seat next to Forest. She grins and puts her hand on my arm.
"Nice speech Allister."
"I know right. It took me a week to write it."
She laughs and I sit back, waiting for the sobbing teacher to call the principal to the podium. He gives his speech and bores the audience to death. After that the audience claps, probably for the relief that he's done and over. The classes walk off to find their parents, begging them to check themselves out. But not me. I walk over to my car and sit on the hood. My 'parents' couldn't make it. They wouldn't even bother to care. Not even to fake it. A hand pulls on my ankle and snaps me out of my thoughts.
"Hmm." I say looking at one of my best friends, Matt."
"Come down. It's not time to be all emo."
I smile weakly and hop off the hood,and bury my chest into his.
"Your my bestie." I mumble into his chest as he sways his hips from side to side.
"I know." He kisses my hair and starts to hum. After almost falling asleep, James and Forest come and I can feel Matt giving them a look.
"Not now. She's having a 'moment'." He says rubbing my back. I smile and let go, walking to my car.
"Alright. I'm heading home. Had fun guys, gonna miss you. If you're gonna see me, go to Matt's." I wave outside my car window and drive off from my friends waving. After a few minutes of being on the road, I pull into my driveway. Where a odd car is parked in the drive-way.
Sign up to rate and review this story