Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Anything...Always and Forever

by darkyn 0 reviews

Naruto sells his heart to another to save Hinata. Though, while in sound, he found love... (no lemons, insinuation)

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2008-05-30 - Updated: 2008-05-31 - 3048 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't, in anyway, own any part of Naruto or any other thing I get my ideas from. This disclaimer will be for the whole story. Unless some one complains, then I tell them to look at the first chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What did I do in a past life that pissed Kami off so bad?' The blond turned to the only noticeable thing in the room, a large cage. "Well, are you gonna answer me fox? I'll take that as a no." He waited for a few minutes before bothering the fox again. "How did the snake beat you? I gave you a lot of control that time. You said you would shut up about being locked up if I found you a challenging fight. So what happened?"

"I must admit, the Snake is powerful. It was fun to fight him. I am surprised that he didn't mess with my seal. Although, he did say he could use us in the future, sounds interesting, doesn't it?" The deep voice of his caretaker echoed for awhile before Naruto answered him.

"Yeah, I guess. I better wake up before time runs out."

Stretching, the fox rose. "Well in the meantime, let's continue training from where you left off."

"Yes, I really want to perfect that jutsu." 'Not.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmmm...so anyway...now that you know something of what it's really all about...anyone who doesn't feel up to the challenge, either physically or mentally, can walk away. Just take one step forward...because the preliminaries start now!" Naruto looked around at the other teams to see who would leave.

'Let's see...one sand, two sound, and five leaf teams left. Who do you think will leave?'

'Bet a week of training under me that the brat that helped you through the forest gives up.'

'Kabuto? Sure, I'll take that bet.' Naruto ignored the fox's chuckles as he came back to reality, just in time to see Kabuto raise his hand. 'Damn. I hate training with the fox'

'You should know by now not to bet against me.'

'You think I would remember that last time I bet against you.

'Yep!' The fox sounded giddy as he remembered. 'I cut your ramen consumption down to two times a week!'

'The people at the ramen bar still ask me if there was something wrong with the last batch since I only eat one bowl a time now.'

'Best bet ever!'

'Worst bet ever' Well, back to reality...

"Is that the only one? Yakushi Kabuto of Konoha? Okay, you may leave. Anyone else?" The proctor turned at the sound of a voice.

"I wish to leave as well." The boy that spoke was a sound ninja from a different team then the one that attacked them. The other male in the team looked shocked at his declaration, but the female nin looked as if she just wanted this over with.

"You may leave as well." As the boy walked away, the female looked at her sensei, than at the boy.

"Karachi." The one word made the body stop in his tracks and turn towards his team member.

"Yes Nyoko-senpai?" Naruto noticed the quake in his voice.

'Why would he call her that? And why is he so nervous?'

'She is probably stronger than him. A lot stronger.'

"Tell your mother that her debt has been paid in full. And then say goodbye to all of your loved ones." Naruto was surprised that she would say that in front of everyone.

"Thank you! May I ask why I should say goodbye?" The quake was gone in his voice now.

"Not should, do it. I've seen your passing. The whole point of you serving me was to pay the debt. All of your family members are weaker than even you. With your death, there is none to serve me."

The boy, Karachi, looked both relieved and saddened at her statement. "Can you see how far off?" He looked hopefully at her. Nyoko let her breath out and bowed her head. She held this position for a few minutes.

'None of us know this boy, and yet we all are hoping his death is far off.' the Hokage commented to himself. Nyoko looked up with foggy eyes. Her eyes are what caught and held Naruto's attention. The iris were a smoky gray, with a white pupil, outside the iris was pure black. The coloring of her eyes caused everyone, except the two containers, to shiver, even the Hokage. 'She has a bloodline trait! I have never come across one such as this in my readings! Those eyes, not the Hyugas' should truly be called the evil eye.'

Everyone visibly calmed when the color of her eyes seemed to invert themselves, the pupil went black and around the iris turned white. "You have enough time to contact all of your family if you start after the preliminary round. That is all I saw." Nyoko let out a breath and visible black chakra came out with it. Naruto felt the fox stir after feeling the chakra.

'She's with the snake. Keep an eye on her, she could make our life interesting.'

'Your wish is my command...if you had it your way. I was going to watch her anyway.'

'Whatever. Stop teasing me like that.'

"Okay, all freaky death thing aside, does anyone wish to leave? No? Well then we'll get started." A screen lit up the names: Sasuke Uchiha vs. Yoroi Akado

"Good, combatants stay down here, everyone else go upstairs." With that everyone headed towards the stairs. Naruto was still feeling the effects of Kyuubi's training and was so tired that he didn't even see Kakashi stop and talk to Sasuke. He just found a space between Asuma's team and Gai's team, and leaned up against the wall.

"Are you okay Naruto?" The weary boy looked up to see Kakashi and Shikamaru watching him from the railing. He moved his head around to see all of the rookies and Gai's team watching him with surprise in their eyes. "Are you not going to watch?"

Naruto managed to mumble out, "Fine...just...tired...", before falling asleep against the wall. He just missed the looks of surprise on their faces change to worry. They had never seen the boy look so tired, they would have thought he would be jumping around, cheering his team member to win.

On the other side of the arena, two pairs of eyes, one grey and one gold, watched as their precious fox boy fell asleep....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fights are the same and I am too lazy to write them

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Naru.....ake u....Narut....it's your......Naruto! Wake up! It's your turn to fight!"

Naruto was jerked out of his sleep by a loud voice. Instinctively, he grabbed the throat of whoever was closest to him. To bad for Naruto, it ended up being Sakura. Naruto was still trapped in his dream, when he turned to see who he had grabbed, instead of his teammate, he saw a villager who had tried to kill him. To bad for Sakura that the villager hadn't lived after trying to kill the boy. As Naruto continued to squeeze Haruno's throat, she was slowly turning blue. A sudden punch to the face knocked Naruto over the rail and into the arena. Naruto looked up to see Kakashi holding Sakura while a medical nin examined her. He looked over to see Lee in his Taijutsu stance. Lee noticed Naruto looking at him.

"Naruto, why would you attack Sakura?!?! She is your teammate! That's unforgivable!" Lee's rant was stopped by Kakashi.

"Lee! It wasn't his fault. It was obvious he was having a nightmare, which we all told Sakura. We also told her not to try to wake him by shouting. But she would not listen." Kakashi then turned and looked down at Naruto with something akin to fear in his eyes. "Sakura is fine. You are fighting Kiba Inuzuka. Good luck."

"Dude, that was harsh. To bad you knocked her out, she is your only cheerleader!" The remark was quickly followed by a harsh laugh. Turning, Naruto saw Kiba already in the arena with his dog. "I got it easy, all I have to do is beat the dead-last. He looks pretty pathetic, doesn't he Akamaru?" Kiba's remark pissed Kyuubi off.

'Let me rip his head off.'

'No. Kakashi's is already suspects something.'

'Fine. At least let me scare the mutt.'

'Which one?'

'Both'

'Fine, you can have a little control.'

While Naruto was having his 'conversation', Kiba was getting impatient. The loser had the nerve to ignore him. "Come on Akamaru, let's get him!" With a bark Akamaru ran toward Naruto while Kiba was right behind him. The dog hit Naruto in the stomach, while Kiba hit him in his chin. The combination set the boy tumbling into the wall, leaving a good sized dent. "That'll teach him. He's out of it! I win!"

"Foolish mutt, you dare disgrace me with a hit like that. It pains me to see how utterly insignificant you are. Go back to your bitch of mother and get her to teach you how to hit like a man." The Inuzuka turned with fury in his face and a promise of pain in his eyes. The look on Naruto's face only served to anger him even more. The fox boy was standing without a scratch, looking at the two with an unfathomable amount of disgust in his eyes. "Are you planning on glaring at me the whole match?"

In the stands, the leaf jônin in the crowd all exchanged looks of worry, they never would have expected those words came from the infamous prankster. Their looks changed to surprise as they saw Naruto calmly stay still as Kiba cave a solder pill to Akamaru. He didn't even blink when Akamaru turned into Kiba. As Kiba threw a smoke bomb towards Naruto, he dropped into a rough stance. He held his arms far apart, in a ready position. His knees were slightly bent, not stiff. He slowly began to sway on the balls of his feet, giving him a way to quickly dodge any assault to his body.

'Balance and flexibility are the keys to dodging. A pillar will fall, a reed will bend and survive.'

'Better. Pull your arms in. Keep your knees bent. Only consume the energy that is necessary, waste none.'

'Hai.'

The rest of his moves were hidden from the worried jônin's prying eyes as the bomb took effect. They all turned to Kakashi as he raised his headband and exposed his sharingan eye. "Damn it! I can't see anything!"

Outside the smoke, everyone heard a small popping sound and then a dog whine. As the smoke cleared, Naruto and Kiba were standing right in front of each other, while Akamaru was passed out next to Kiba's leg. The dog looked like it had been through hell, it was cut, beat, and thrown aside. A small dripping sound could be heard, drip...drip...drip...it was an even beat. The red drops were coming from the sword lodged in Kiba's lower shoulder, near the lungs. The sword held in Naruto's hand was of simple design, it was the normal length for a sword with black and red markings on the handle. The only interesting things about it were the facts that it had no hilt, the blade started where the handle ended, and the small red stone hanging off a chain on the top of the weapon (See cover of volume 8- same except w/red and black). Naruto held the blade like he had been training with it for a while, even the proctor was impressed with the speed that the boy had showed. He had summoned the blade, knocked out the dog, and stabbed the enemy in less than a minute.

Naruto slowly pulled the blade out before it pooffed out of existence. "Call the match." Naruto was already headed upstairs by the time Hayate finally stated that Naruto had one.

'Did I go to far?'

'No. The mutt disserved it.'

"Are y-you okay....Naruto?" He snapped back to reality by Hinata's small question.

"I'm okay. I had a nightmare and attacked Sakura on accident. Kiba's talk just pissed me off even more. Don't worry about me." A cheery smile was all it took to cover his behavior.

"I-I'm uh...g-glad your okay." She said before bowing to Naruto and leaving to tend to her teammate. Naruto walked over to his teacher. He was no longer holding Sakura and the mednin had left. Sakura was turned around, talking with the other rookies. Naruto thought he shouldn't bother her, so he turned to Kakashi.

"Is she okay?"

"I'm fine. Sorry to wake you up like that Naruto. It was my fault." Sakura walked until she was standing near Kakashi nervously fiddling her hands.

"No, I over reacted." Naruto stated while shaking his head.

"Did something happen in the forest?" Kakashi's question was the one everyone in the vicinity wanted answered. But Naruto knew that telling them that he gave the fox control to shut him up would definitely get him a session with the Hokage.

'Imagine what they would do if you told them you learned that summoning from me!'

'Not now fox.'

"What was that Naruto? That sword, it wasn't normal. Where did you get it?" said Tenten. She was standing near Lee, who seemed to ignore Naruto.

'He's still mad.'

'Of course, you hurt the pink headed bitch. Oh wait, I shouldn't call her that, I might insult the dogs. Never mind, I don't care.'

'Harsh.'

'The truth is always harsh.'

"It was a gift. And before you ask, I don't know how gave it, I found the summoning scroll on my doorstep."

"What else can you summon?"

'She's getting annoying.'

"Would you answer every question thrown to you about your weapons?" The contempt in his voice made even Shikamaru flinch.

"Well, lets just watch the next match." Kakashi wanted to distract Naruto before he stabbed someone else. It worked. Naruto turned to see Hinata getting belittled by her cousin, Neji.

'Aren't they family? How can he treat her like that?'

'People are foolish...'

Listening to his comments about her being weak seemed to snap something in him. After on particular nasty comment, Naruto exploded.

"WHO THE HELL GAVE YOU THE POWER TO condemn others?!? WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT SHE CAN AND CAN'T DO? WHO ARE YOU TO JUGDE?" Everyone watching him now. He continued to rant about how you can't base your thoughts on people over things they can't control. His words seemed to hit the leaf jônin the hardest, they could all tell he was forming his words from his own life. "Judge not lest ye be judged." His last sentence wasn't yelled, yet it had even more power behind them. Neji visibly flinched at these words.

While he was distracted, Hinata managed to give him a glancing blow on his arm. After he snapped back to reality, Neji made a massive amount of hits to Hinata's arms and chest. Every time she fell, Hinata got up and was back into her stance. She continued as such even after her hits became ineffective. But she was slowing, even Naruto could tell.

Then next time she fell, she didn't get back up. But even after the proctor had called the match, Neji ran forward and kicked Hinata in the side, sending her flying. She was caught by her jônin sensei. Neji again ran forward, only to be held down by four other jônin. He still continued to struggle, until the tip of a blade was placed on his forehead. Neji followed the blade up, only to meet red slitted eyes.

"Don't move." Neji, for once felt fear. He followed the command and was allowed to return to the upper story. Naruto stood there, staring at a small spot of blood in the floor. 'Hinata....'

"I'm sorry, she has passed." Naruto spun around so fast the sword left in a puff of smoke. He saw Hinata lying on the ground with mednins standing over her. The leader was watching Naruto to see if he would also need to pronounce someone else's death. "There was nothing we could do."

Suddenly, singing could be heard,

"Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?"

Everyone turned to see the female sound nin, Kyoko, and her sensei landing on the arena floor. The girl had her eyes activated, and was watching Hinata. Kyoko's teacher broke the uncomfortable silence.

"My student believes she can heal the girl, she has done it before."

"And what would you want in return?" The Hokage joined them at this point, surrounded by his guard.

"Think of it as a gift, this is our first time in an exam, we would have it to have such an outcome." The man said it in such a voice that the Hokage had to believe him.

"Very well." At this, Kyoko walked over to Hinata and motioned for the mednins to leave. When Naruto just moved closer, she signaled for him to come closer, until he was kneeling next to Hinata with her.

"How will you pay me back? I will not do this without payment." Her voice had a musical tone to it, and was so soft, only he could hear her.

'What will she want? What do I have to offer?!? I'm worthless.'

'Then offer yourself.'

'What?'

'Go with her to sound. She likes you, I can tell.'

'Why would she want me?'

'Tell her this...'

His choice made, Naruto looked up and met her eyes. "I offer myself."

She looked surprised at the fact he looked her in her odd eyes. "What will you do for me?"
"Anything." At this she looked wary.

"Are you sure? For how long?"

"Yes. Anything...always and forever..."
Sign up to rate and review this story