Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Konoha's Beginning

Haruyo's Entrance

by hyuugalvr 0 reviews

This chapter is in the past now, shortly after the founding of Konoha.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hinata,Neji - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-06-01 - Updated: 2008-06-02 - 1235 words

0Unrated

Long dark hair with a hint of purple that as tied low in the traditional Hyuuga style was blowing in the light breeze that wound its way through Konoha as Haruyo sat on one of the walls of the half built Hokage tower. She was sitting there in her black outfit with silver that looking surprisingly like ANBU armor even though the ANBU squad had not yet been formed. She looked down below her at the street for someone specific, actually three specific someones. She found the person she'd been looking for and after watching him for a few minutes jumped down from the wall, startling her target as he walked around aimlessly.

“Shuu-kun, you're late,” Haruyo said sternly as she stared at the startled boy.

The boy was about thirteen years old and wearing a loose fitting, dark red training outfit. He bowed deeply with his face bright red out of embarrassment from being surprised.

“Gomen Haruyo-sensei. I know you told the team to meet you here but I couldn't find you,” he said apologetically.

Haruyou shook her head and sighed.

“Did you ever think of looking up?” she asked.

Shuu shook his head sheepishly.

“Shuu-kun, you've got to learn to keep track of your surroundings. You were looking for me and I was still able to sneak up on you without using any of my ninja skills. Imagine how easy it would be for an enemy to sneak up on you and kill you without you even getting a chance to defend yourself,” she said scoldingly.

She didn't like having to lecture her students, but a dumb move like that could cost a ninja their life in an instant. Her lecture seemed to have an effect on the boy and he was now doing his best to be aware of his surroundings.

“Haruyo-sensei, Toshiko-chan and Teiji-kun are approaching,” Shuu said enthusiastically.

Haruyo nodded. She'd already noticed the two of them coming but didn't mention it. Shuu had still noticed them, which was an improvement. The two Shuu had mentioned approached them. Toshiko was wearing white shorts and blue tank top with the Uchiha symbol on it and Teiji had on a white shirt and black pants. Both of them were also about thirteen years old.

“Gomen-nesai Haruyo-sensei. We were training and lost track of time,” Toshiko said, her onyx eyes looking at her sensei.

Haruyo appeared indifferent and nodded, lavender eyes looking back at the girl. Toshiko was in the Uchiha clan and her father held a high position there. Haruyo didn't actually know the girl's father, but she knew that he was Uchiha Madara's best friend because she would often see them talking. Haruyo turned and began walking towards the training fields, knowing her students would follow her. She planned on punishing them for being late. Hyuuga's were never late and so her students wouldn't be either.

Once they had arrived at the training field she turned to face her pupils. Her right foot circled back and left hand moved forward so that she was in her fighting stance. The three teens looked at her quizzically so she explained.

“All three of you were late for training today so a punishment is in order. However, I have only decided to punish one of you. You will all three fight me at once and the one that I decide has faired the worst in the fight must clean all the floors in the Hyuuga compound,” Haruyo said, waiting for her students' reactions.

The thee of them looked at each other for a moment before disappearing from sight. Haruyo smirked and waited for the oncoming attack. She knew Shuu would be the first to attack because he never took the time to consider that it might be a trap. A few moments later Shuu appeared as she had expected. He came flying out of a tree and hurled three shuriken at her. Haruyo raised an eyebrow at the novice attack and caught the shuriken easily, hurling them back at him in and instant. To her surprise the boy disappeared from sight, reappearing behind her. Haruyo whirled around quickly and managed to dodge a kick from him.

At that moment Toshiko appeared from the opposite direction and released a toxic gas into the air. Haruyo knew that during practice Toshiko only used knock out gas so it wouldn't kill her if she was hit, but she still needed to avoid it. If she was hit she would be knocked out. Haruyo quickly spun in a circle, forming the Hyuuga attack, Rotation.

“Kaiten,” she said as a yellow sphere protected her from the gas and sent it back at the other two.

Toshiko had built up an immunity to the gas as a precaution but Shuu had to retreat back some to avoid to hit with the gas. As soon as Haruyo released the Rotation jutsu she heard a sound coming from above her. She looked up to see Teiji flying at her.

“Earth Style, Rock Sphere” Teiji said as rock came up from the ground at Haruyo.

Haruyo couldn't use her Rotation again so soon so she only had one choice. She pulled an explosive note from her weapon pouch and threw it at the rock wall that was forming into a sphere around her. She was hit by the blast a bit, but managed to escape the jutsu and punch from Teiji that she knew would follow it she'd been caught.

“That's enough,” Haruyo said.

Her three students appeared again in front of her once more, waiting to hear her verdict. But before she could tell them what she though a voice came from behind her.

“Not bad,” the voice said.

Haruyo was surprised that someone snuck up on her. She hadn't had her Byakugan activated but she still would have noticed any normal shinobi. She turned around and understood how that person snuck up on her once she saw them. Her students saw them too and Toshiko bowed deeply.

“Madara-sama,” Toshiko said in greeting to the man standing before them.

Madara nodded to the girl in return.

“Haruyo-san, I need to discuss something with you,” he said bluntly.

Haruyo nodded before turning back to her students.

“Toshiko, you did the worst. You have to wash the floors of the Hyuuga compound,” Haruyo said to them.

Toshiko looked upset with the answer but all three of the students left so their sensei could speak with Madara in private. Once they were gone Haruyo turned back to Madara to talk to him.

“Yes Madara-sempai?” she asked him.

“Is it really necessarily to continue to call me sempai?” he asked, looking annoyed.

Haruyo just laughed and shook her head in response. She had no plans to stop calling him her sempai, even when they were old as dirt. Madara sighed and rolled his eyes at her.

“Anyways, there's something important I need to speak to you about. I'd feel much better about it if you went to the Uchiha compound with me to discuss it,” he said.

Haruyo nodded, knowing it must be important for Madara to ask her to go all the way to the Uchiha compound to talk about it. That meant that there could be someone in the village that was listening in on them purposely. So, Haruyo decided to follow Madara back to the Uchiha compound to learn what was going on.
Sign up to rate and review this story