Categories > Original > Humor

The Disection

by BlackAngelChick 3 reviews

Based on a true story and every students worst nightmare.

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-06-04 - Updated: 2008-06-04 - 396 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stared at the fish in the faded green tray with hesitant blue eyes. It stared back at me with glazed over beady black eyes. Dead eyes. I swallowed, brushed my hair out of my eyes, and picked up the sharp little knife that my science teacher had given me, pressing it into the soft, white, fleshy belly of the fish, watching in fascination as watery red blood seeped out of the cut. I heard a soft moan behind me.

“Oh, come on Jessi,’ I snapped at the fair haired, weak stomached girl,’ this is no time to be squeamish.”

Just to prove my point, I dug the knife into the scaly head of the fish and twisted the knife until I saw blood. Jessi moaned again. I looked at her and saw that she had turned green.

“Jessi, are you alright?” I asked, my hand slowly reaching towards a bucket. Jessi nodded and clapped a hand over her mouth as I stuck a pair of tweezers inside the body of the fish so that I could try and find the stomach.

I succeeded in finding an organ which I thought was the stomach. I looked at the diagram of fish insides sitting beside my pencil case on the desk. The organ I had found was orange, dotted with little red spots that were probably blood vessels, the same as the diagram of the stomach.

I dug my knife into the organ, amused as it made a squishing sound. I dug the knife in further, and swore as I accidentally popped the stomach, allowing a stream of clear liquid and blood to flow freely.

Jessi moaned again, now looking sickly green in the face. I felt a tap on my shoulder and spun around, coming face to brown eyed, brown haired, freckled face with my best friend Sophia.

“Hey, look at this!” she said excitedly, holding a small clear marble in front of my face.

“A marble?”

“No,’ said Sophia, waving the thing that wasn’t a marble around in the air,’ it’s the eye of the fish!!”

I heard a splattering sound and spun around to see Jessi looking at the colorful wet pile vomit splattered all over the desk in disgust.

“Oops,” muttered Sophia as Jessi heaved up a fresh pile of vomit and slumped on the floor,’ should I get a teacher?”
Sign up to rate and review this story