Categories > Original > Drama

The War

by hermitrisin 1 review

"They all died moving forward, death clinging to the back of them as they re-emerge.........". Flash Fiction

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-06-09 - Updated: 2008-06-09 - 429 words - Complete

2Ambiance
The war raged on, she threw the blanket over her head to block out the sound of it. Clenching her eyes shut as the pounding drummed into her skull, lines of men shedding their steps as they walked, going clean through the red streets, the bleached sky made terrifying with smoke. They all died moving forward, death clinging to the back of them as they re-emerge vile and dark out of this hell to resubmerge, blood clinging to their necks.

It closed in on her head, shuddering down her swollen stomach as she let it in, eyes reeling. Soon, it will be worn through, her legs splayed too late and no good.

She kept the thought with her, dried and slick in her throat as she collapsed, her hips convulsing, back flung stiff and nervous, helplessly anxious. Bile poured out on her tongue, her fleshed ripped wet, a drenched, sickening tear as she released it silent into the cold room, spewing out in one rapid push for freedom, for liberation as the sounds came crashing down. She shifted, the buildings glared raw and broken back at her. Blood dried quickly on her thighs, flaking down her skin and making her itch. It hit the ground with a thud, dislodged. She moaned softly, staring down at the soft immobile hands wrung together. Its skin was tinged blue, the cord hanging out of her to choke it.

She would be gone, her skin crawled, fragrant with the sweaty night, dusted with smoke, peeled and cracked with the chemical air, disemboweling itself. She lay back below the window where she couldn't see, a cyst over a cyst, mute and heavy. Footsteps tramped by her door, it was open. They swarmed in, pounding their rifle butts on the floor. Her skin fumed hot in the air, toxic, dry and bleached. The men wore masks, kneeling around her. A gloved hand pressed over her nostrils, gagging her, she writhed, blood drying hard over her cunt, her legs still spread animal. She breathed heavy, uncaring, eyes wandering lazy and hopeless glazed over. The fingers pressed down, she gasped, limply raising her hands, parting her lips to scream, to swallow, to breathe. Shuddering she fell back, silent, lips gaping loosely giving all she had. Boots trampled over the fetus as they left, crushing the frail bones, the cord split open under a heavy foot and leaked fluid. Death rattles creaked after them faintly, chasing the dark dull leather. They marched out, in lines, to lose all sight and all it would not mean and could not.
Sign up to rate and review this story