Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Rainy Day

Rain in Konoha

by KoichiTsunade 0 reviews

Three days had passed since Jiraiya went into his dangerous trip. Is Tsunade passing this moment well?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Jiraiya,Naruto,Sakura,Tsunade - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-06-09 - Updated: 2008-06-09 - 1790 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay, I think I wrote this chapter quickly... XD... I hope you guys are enjoying it! X)


9. Rain in Konoha


Only three days had passed since Jiraiya went to kill Uchiha Madara, but life has been really hard for the gorgeous Hokage. Her lost amber eyes were nowhere when someone called her, and her movements were slower and clumsier. Her voice was low and unsure when she answered questions. Deep rings under her eyes were found along with some wrinkles. Even if only three days had passed, it looked like she was really depressed. The whole village knew about Jiraiya leaving, but even if none of them knew the reason of his trip, they sure understood it was really dangerous since their once strong and healthy Hokage was suffering too much.

Naruto was always training in the fields, alone with his kunaii. Shizune and Sakura went many times in that day to the Sannin’s house to check on Tsunade and help her on anything she needed. They were one of the few people that knew where Jiraiya was heading. They always told the blond that he was going to be back soon healthy and safe. When they told her that, the Godaime would look at them with sad eyes and force a smile. She then would say, “I know”. Sakura and Shizune knew what their sensei was thinking; that it was almost impossible for him to escape from Death this time. When Naruto asked her, “Baa-chan, you okay? She would place a fake smile on her face and answer, “Of course, Baka”. He would then smile faintly and say, “That’s a relieve”. Outside the Slug Princess looked impassive, eyes shimmering but always struggling not to let the tears be seen on the outside. Iniside, however, she was shedding a river of tears full of agsnt and sad wishes.

When Tsunade was alone, only tears would fall, while placing a hand on her stomach. Sakura and Shizune were also really concerned about Tsunade’s babies. It was not good for them to have a depressed mother during pregnancy.



The Slug Princess was looking through the window, as if waiting for her Toad Sage to appear. She was alone in her apartment. Sakura and Shizune had just left to go to their own places. Shizune had moved to Genma’s house, but she still continued helping her former sensei. Tsunade looked over her shoulder when she heard the front door being opened. Naruto came inside with some small bruises and injuries after a long day of training. His clothing was soaked with sweat along with some holes in his pants.

“Hey, Baa-chan.” He greeted her while taking off his shoes.

The Hokage smiled at him. “Hey, Naruto.”

He approached her with a smile in his face. “How ya doing?”

“I’m fine. Here, let me heal you.” She said forming chackra in her hands.

Naruto shook his head. “Nah, it’s fine. I will wash the injuries and it’ll be all right. Don’t worry.”

Tsunade frowned and looked outside. “Naruto, I know what you and the others think. I’m fine, I can handle small injuries. I will say it over and over if needed, I’m fine! Jiraiya will come...”

“I know, but you don’t have to waist your energy on me. I’m going to take a bath.” He said going towards the bathroom.

Tsunade watched his back disappear. She sighed and looked down at her hands. “I wish I wasn’t so weak right now...”

She then stood up from the chair and took a picture of the white-haired Sannin smiling. With a finger, she touched the crystal. A single tear ran through her right cheek, as if not wanting to leave her skin alone. When she noticed it, she wiped it out. Oh Jiraiya... I miss you...

She missed his free laughter during an embarrassing moment. She missed his deep voice, his way to say the word ‘Hime’ that made her feel she was a real princess. She also missed his whispers of ‘I love you’ before falling asleep. She missed the movement of his chest going up and down with each breath he took when she wakes up in the middle of the night. She missed his warm and strong hug during the cold mornings that made her feel she was a weak child again. She missed that tickling sensation that went up to her fingers when touching his soft pure white hair. She missed the smell of his muscular body, his calm but powerful heartbeat against hers, those black eyes that knew her better than herself. She missed him more than she ever missed Dan. If he got to die during the fight, she would not doubt about following him after.

-------------------

Jiraiya finally got out of the frog’s body. When he did, he looked around. Puddles and small rivers were found on the floor since it was raining. No Sun was found in the gray sky, only white and gray clouds. Jiraiya sighed and started to walk through the ugly streets of the unknown village. No one was outside, only two shinobi. When the two rain shinobi noticed him, they ran to him quickly. Before they could do anything, they were trapped in a frog’s stomach.

Both of the Jounnin looked around them confused, it all went so fast. One of them tried to move his legs and arms, but saw he couldn’t move them since they were trapped in the walls.

“Where are we!?” One of them asked.

The white-haired Sannin smirked. “Inside the belly of my frog.”

“You... You are that Sannin!? What do you want?”

“I’m the one doing the asking here.” Jiraiya then took out a feather.

“So... What are you doing with that feather?”

“It’s for tickling! If you don’t want to get tickled to death, you better answer all my questions like a good boy...”

Jiraiya then started to tickle one of them. The poor rain shinobi started to cry of laughter. “STOP! STOP!”

“Now, tell me everything you know about Pain, where is he!?”

“I-I won’t tell...!”

Some time passed, and he still didn’t say anything. Jiraiya frowned. “I guess I’ll have to use my secret technique, then.”

The shinobi that wasn’t tortured asked, “What do you mean...?”

“I’ll turn him into a frog!” Jiraiya formed the seals and put a hand over a shinobi’s forehead.

Smoke appeared hiding the man. When it disappeared, a small frog was replaced by him. His friend was really scared. “All right! I’ll tell you, but I don’t want to be a frog!”


Jiraiya was running through the empty streets of the Hidden Rain. A frown was found in his face. For what the rain jounnin told him, Pain was going to be really hard to beat and more with Uchiha Madara next to him. He shook his head trying to wave away the idea of dying. I have to come back, I promised Hime about it!

He then heard footsteps running behind him. He looked back and saw the two Akatsuki leaders chasing him. He turned around and stopped. Both of them also stopped.

Madara smirked. “I think I told you pretty clearly that if I got to see you again, I would kill you.”

Jiraiya also smirked. “Not that clear. As you see, I came back.”

Pain crossed his arms. “I see you want to die.” He looked at Madara. “Madara-sama, I can handle him alone. Just watch the fight over there.”

Madara shrugged but said nothing. He jumped and sat atop a roof. He was smiling the whole time.

----------------

It was raining really hard in Konoha. There was no citizen outside in the streets except for maybe as couple of shinobi. Inside one of those houses, a woman was looking outside through a closed window.

“This damn rain won’t stop.” The blond mumbled.

“Tsunade-sama, there’s no need to worry about Jiraiya-sama. I’m sure he’ll come back soon.”

The Godaime turned her head to face Shizune. “Stop saying that! It makes me feel worse to think you all are just lying to make me feel better.”

“It’s just-“

“I’m fine! There’s no need to be concerned about me, so stop being so annoying!”

Shizune was speechless. Tsunade had only shouted her like that once in her life, and that happened when Orochimaru came and told her he was going to revive Nawaki and Dan. If the Hokage had shouted her with a voice full of angst and angriness that meant the blond was really scared and confused.

Shizune sighed and went to the door to leave, but before getting outside, she looked at her former sensei. “Tsunade-sama, I know how you feel, but you have other people around you who want to help you.”

Tsunade looked at her surprised. “What are you-?”

Shizune smiled at her warmly. “Just don’t forget what I just told you, alright?” She looked outside and then back to her. “Well, I have to leave. I promised Genma I would be there at six. I don’t want to be late. See you later!” Shizune then started to run, not wanting to get sokaed with water.

Tsunade sighed and sat on the couch heavily. She ran a hand through her shiny blond hair. Shizune is right... I’ve been really unfair with the people just because I’m too scared to loose him as I did with Dan...

----------------------

“I’ll finish with you quickly. You’re getting in our way always, so we’ll just have to eliminate you from the world.” Pain said.

“Don’t understimate me, please. I’m not that easy to win.”

He laughed. “Let’s see if it’s true!”

Suddenly six Pains were found making a circle around Jiraiya. The white-haired Sannin looked around, confused. He never thought others would have the same eyes as Pain. “Who are you!?” He shouted to all of them.

“As I told you the last time we met, WE’RE GOD!!”
The six of them jumped on Jiraiya, kunaii in their hands.

------------

While Jiraiya started the fight against Pain, in Konoha lightings stroke in the village. Every time one appeared in the sky, Tsunade felt her heart wincing in pain and angst.


Author's Notes:

Okay, chapter nine is done! This is the beginning of the action, I hope you like it. I don't know how I will start next chapter... Bah, an idea will come!
I don't know how I will name the next chapter... Heh I'm not thinking that much this days! XD
Sign up to rate and review this story