Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pretty In Punk

Smashed Glass And Walks To Town

by GhostOfYouMW 5 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-06-12 - Updated: 2008-06-12 - 1111 words

1Exciting


It had been 4 days since I had bought Patrick home with me, and he had all but got over the last beating his father gave him. We hadn't heard anything from his father, so I was beginning to think that he had forgotten about Patrick, I had begun to think that we wouldn't have to see him again.

How wrong I was.

Patrick and I were having breakfast together when there was a huge noise, the sound of breaking glass filling our ears. We sat stunned for a moment, then simaultaneously ran to see what had happened. Broken glass covered our living room floor, as well as a brick with a piece of paper tied around it.
Patrick picked the brick up, unfolding the paper.
I waited, then he silently handed the paper to me. It read,
"Alive or Dead. This isn't over."
I was confused, and by the look on Patricks face, so was he.
"Do you think it's from your father?" I asked. He carefully picked his way over the broken glass and looked out the window. He checked if anyone was outside.
" I don't know. It's most likely that it was him, I mean, it didn't look like his handwriting, but... We both know that he isn't going to let me go easily." He said quietly, coming back over the glass to stand infront of me. I gently wrapped my arms around him, then I was struck by a sudden thought.
"Patrick, why doesn't your father want you to leave? I would have thought that he would have been pleased to see you go, I mean, no offense, but he beats you regularly and it doesn't seem that he wants you around much..." I trailed off as he stiffened in my arms. It was silent for a few minutes, and I was just about to apologize and say that he didn't have to explain, it didn't matter as long as he was safe when his voice broke the silence.
"It's because of my mom. She has always said that the only thing keeping her from leaving was me. She wants to leave, but she has said that she won't be able to take me with her if she does. I don't know why, she never explained that part to me. My father loves her, in his own way, and he's willing to do anything to make her stay. He beats me, and tries to make me so scared that I won't leave. If I'm gone, theres nothing to keep her there, trapped with him. I'm his only way of holding onto her." He held on tighter around my waist, and buried his face in the crook of my neck.
I took his hat, and stroked his hair. I knew Patrick's mom, she was a real nice lady, and I could understand why she wouldn't want to be stuck with a guy like Patrick's dad.
"At least you're out of there now, and she can leave, and neither of you will get hurt anymore" I said, disentangling myself from his arms.
"Mhhhm.." He agreed, taking his hat from my hands and putting it back on.
"I guess I should fix this window.." I sighed, then went to get some wooden boards and nails.


A few hours later, and I had made an adequate cover for the window. Going back into the house, I bumped into Patrick, literally.
After accepting his hand to help me up off the ground, I started towards the front room to clear up the glass.
"I already cleared the glass." Patrick said, moving so he was stood behind me with his chin on my shoulder and his arms round my waist.
"Did you fancy going to the mall?" He asked, his fingers rubbing lazy circles on my stomach and making goosebumps rise on my skin.
"Sure, do you wanna walk up there?" I asked, fecthing my shoes.
"Yeah... I could do with the excersise.." He said, looking down at his stomach sadly. I laughed and hugged him, kissing his neck.
"Don't be silly, you're perfect" I smiled at him. He put on his shoes, and we set off.


After having a good time in the arcade with two of our other friends, Andy and Joe, me and Patrick went to Hot Topic. I was browsing through the band t's at the back, taking my time. After about half an hour, I had 4 t's to try on. Patrick was getting bored by now, and was moaning at me to hurry up. Settling on having them all, I paid and we left, stopping by at a milkshake place on the way out of the mall.
We were walking slowly, making the most of the sunshine. We stopped in the park, finding a free bench and just sitting, talking quietly about random stuff. I spotted the park. I squealed and ran for the swings, determined to have a go on them. Patrick followed, laughing and pushing me on the swing.
After about half an hour, we decided to start walking back towards home. Patrick intertwinned his fingers with mine, making me smile. He smiled back. I stole his hat, and ran with it.
"PETE!" He yelled, sprinting after me. He tackled me and got his hat back. He stayed sitting on me and leant down, pressing his lips to mine. I responded eagerly, biting his bottom lip then sliding my tounge into his mouth. I loved how he tasted, all coffee and...Patrickness.
He stood, and pulled me up. We walked along the road towards the house, our linked hands swinging.
There was a shout from behind us.
We both turned, and saw Patrick's father bearing down on us. He stared at Patrick.
"Get home. Now." He said, trying to grab Patrick, but I shoved his arm away.
"Don't try and make him do anything he doesn't want to." I said in a low voice. He sneered at me.
"And who are you to stop me?" He asked, and successfully grabbed Patrick, shoving me out the way.
Patrick struggled violently and managed to get free. He ran past me, his father following.
I tripped his father, but he managed to stay upright and pushed me backwards into the road.
"Run, Patrick!" I yelled, not seeing the car.
SMASH.
I flew sideways, landing heavily.
"PETE!" I heard Patrick scream, and the last thing I saw was Patrick's father running down the road like the coward he really was, and Patrick's shocked face hovering above me.
Then, it was black.




:O
homgzz.
i quite like that chapter, still not very long though ):

anywaysss, reviews pleaseeee.
~jayyyyy(loves people who review:])
Sign up to rate and review this story