(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-06-13Very good update, I really enjoyed it. The omake is certainly an interesting path that this story could later take.
Looking forward to more.
Author's response- Following my outline, Harry doesn't return to his home reality, at least not in this story.
- Well, since Harry has said who he's itnerested in, it should at least end rumors of his being a 'wizard's wizard'. Will the Puff Amazons go after Luna? Will there be a split in the Puff when they learn what following Harry really means?
Author's response- Yeah, the 'he likes boys' faction will fade now. Though there will be some conflict due to his rather forceful rejection of Erin...
- No, This worlds Luna is odd, but not the victim of Harry's home reality. Attacking Luna would be somewhat counter productive.
- As I've got it plotted, when people start dying, some of the younger Puffs will pull back. Not Stu or Haden, but some of the others.
- You have to update faster, this story is a work of art. I don't think anyone has even thought of doing this yet and it may have ridiculous consequences of new stories of a similar style.
Jesus, I loved that Omake.
Author's response- Thanks, but I doubt anyone would emulate my silly little story.
- Luna is always fun.
- -chuckle- I rather suspect Erin was a bit surprised to find out that Potter was made of less timid material and was a dangerous opponent in his own right; I don't know if this'll lead to anything being stirred up or not, but I suspect it's not going to lead to anything good.
The training and the aftermath were well-written and quite believeable and the private discussion between Orestes and Harry helped both of them, I'd think.
Meanwhile, that omaki was downright hilarious and I can't blame Harry at all for not resisting; I'm not sure I would, either. :D
(#) Terdwilicker 2008-06-21Hmm. Where to go from here? Just how dark is the Dark Lady Riddle? And how much of this story is actually about gender bias? A major portion of it has been how men treat women as sex objects to toy with and dump, only from the reverse perspective which is trickier to write and a bit clever too.
Additionally, Luna remains herself, which implies all sorts of things. One possibility is that a seer is actually a multidimensional being, a minor god, like the Fae. Luna is herself in all versions of reality. She's either somewhat helpless in the face of existence OR she's way more powerful than she lets on. The ministry 6 events in book 5 suggests the latter. Other than being punched out by Lucious, she held her own with Harry, Ginny, and Neville, who are all magically powerful equals of Voldemort (two due to the prophecy, Ginny due to the possession and expansion of her core in book 2). That Luna is as powerful as these enhanced wizards and witch implies a lot. It also implies she's playing crazy, as fanon often suggests. So, is Luna the next Dark Lady, and Harry's gf after Riddle falls?
- I love it. It is interesting looking at HP from the other side. I can understand Harrys trouble being in a crossed reality where boys behave like girls and vice versa. That must really be a bear to live with and adapt to. His training seems to be going well and he's gathering the beginnings of the DA it appears although from a Puff point of view. Bizarre, to say the least.
Please try to move this story to the top of your priority list. Thanks.
Sign up to review this story.