Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is how We'll Be, Oh Glory.

You have a way with me

by xcandix 2 reviews

a little note at the bottom. please read. REVIEWS!!!! =)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-06-12 - Updated: 2008-06-13 - 2497 words

0Unrated

Brendon's POV


I abruptly woke up from a nap with Maddy.


"Shit," I mumbled.


Maddy pushed herself up and rested the palms of her hands on the mattress.


"What's wrong?" she asked.


"I have that fucking interview and I'm late," I remembered as I hurriedly raced around the room trying to gather my cellphone and my ipod. Maddy stood up off the bed. There was a knock at the door.


"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I raised my voice in frustration.


"Calm down I'll answer the door," she replied in a soothing tone. I watched as Maddy made her way to the door. She opened and I heard her talking to someone. I peeked against the wall too find the door in my view. It was Natalie. Surprise, surprise. I walked down the hall towards the door, hoping to put Maddy out of her misery.


"What's up," I greeted in a dull tone.


"We are getting ready to go, are you ready?" Natalie asked me.


"Uh, yea I'm ready," I said scanning the room for my phone. Maddy placed it in my hand,"Where did you find it?"


"You left it on the table next to the bed," she laughed.


"You're an angel," I replied and gave her a quick peck on the lips.


"You wanna come with?" I asked. The look on Natalie's face clearly showed she was not liking the sound of that idea.


"Um, no I figured I'd do some house hunting on you laptop while you are gone."


"House hunting? I thought we were looking for an apartment?"


"Well I'll look for both."


"Okay, but be ready to go when I get back. We can't be late for our date," I smiled leaning in to give her another kiss," I love you."


"I love you, too."


I closed the door and glanced at Natalie. She looked so pissed. I wanted to laugh but I contained my humor.


"Um, the interview should only take about an hour."


"Photoshoot?"


"Nope."


"Sweet," I replied happily.


"So how long have you and Maddy been dating?"


"Um well we were dating for two years and then we broke up for about 4 or 5 months and it's been almost another month."


She nodded.


"Why did you break up?"


"Long story," I decided I wasn't getting too personal and put my foot down. She obviously took the hint because she remained silent.


.....


We were sitting on couch across from a reporter. He was a little more humorous then some, but nonetheless a reporter. He wasn't a bad guy. He asked mostly about music and stuff relating to the band.


"So how do you guys manage to keep you're personal lives separate?"


Oh, here we go. Next he will ask what my favorite color socks were.


"Especially you, Brendon?"


Why was he singling me out. Maybe he just figured that I wasn't paying attention.


"Um, well," I began," I guess we all just try to keep our personal life out of the lime light."


"Yea it must be hard. Were you surprised to have you're picture in a tabloid?"


"What?" I asked confused and completely unaware, until he passed me the "Life&Style" tabloid. I wasn't on the cover; however, I managed to be a feature on a two page spread. It was basically about how Maddy and I were going back out. It showed pictures of Maddy and I out back of the venue, and some bullshit story about how our relationship was based on lies and that I slept around behind her back. It was weird that the pictures were taken from the venue's point of view. I immediately knew who took the pictures. I looked across the room at Natalie, she turned deep red.


"So..." the reported pushed.


"It's pretty disgusting, ya know? Taking private pictures of people without them knowing and selling them to a magazine." I replied looking directly at Natalie. She couldn't even make eye contact.


"Well that's all the questions we have today." The reported replied, seemingly eager to leave the tension filled room. After he left I blew up.


"Are you insane?!" I screamed at Natalie from a distance.


"Come on Brendon, calm down," Zack cut in.


"She's gone! She's fucking gone or I'm leaving this tour!"


I stormed out of the room the interview had been conducted in. I didn't bother waiting for the rest of the guys. I hailed a cab with one hand as I squeezed the magazine in another. A cab finally stopped in front of me. I quickly told him the name of my hotel. He rushed through the city, like any cab driver would, and made it to the hotel in no time. I paid him and ran up to the room. I barged into the room and found Maddy on my laptop half-dressed. She looked up in shock. She must have sensed my anger.


"Oh I'm sorry I'm not dressed I figured I still had another half-hour or so."


"It's fine, it's fine," I assured her in a frustrated tone.


"What's going on, Brendon?" she asked me with an immense amount of concern in her voice. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. She was wearing a nice pair of black pants and a bra. I went to hug her back, but realized the magazine still rolled up in my hand.


"Um, you may want to take a look at this," I replied, placing the tabloid in her hand. She took one look at it and turned a bit paler than usual.


"Oh no, please don't tell me some paparazzi asshole has dragged you into one of these."


"Just one named Natalie."


She began reading the article, it was then that realized they talked about me cheating on her in there.


"Maddy I-"


"Why would she tell them that you cheat on me? What a bitch!" she yelled as anger filled her voice.


"Got that right," I assured her.


"Brendon, I'm so sorry," she began.


"Maddy, why are you apologizing again?"


"Because you would never have been put into this stupid magazine with lies about you if it weren't for me." It looked like she was about to cry, but fighting it back.


"No we would have never had a personal life abused if it weren't for Natalie. None of this is your fault." I pulled her chin up and bit and kissed her plump pink lips. "Now let's go have a good night, alright?"


She smiled and nodded her head.


"Let me just put on a shirt," she laughed. She walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind her. I laid across the bed and shut my eyes while I waited. I heard the bathroom door creak open so I opened my eyes and sat up.


"Ready?" she asked with a smile, completely unaware of how ravishing she looked. The black pants clung snug to her small frame and she wore a purple blouse that a cut a bit lower then she usually wore.


"Madeline, you look," I was at a loss for words," amazing." That was all I could manage to say.


"Thanks," she replied bashfully.


"Let's go," I lead taking her hand.


.... on their date....


After we ate dinner we walked aimlessly around town. We talked here and there but mostly just enjoyed each other's company.


"Hey do you wanna walk on the beach?!" I asked in excitement upon seeing the ocean only few blocks away.


"What," she laughed," Brendon I'll get sand all over my pants."


I rolled my eyes and kneeled down in front of her.


"What are you doing?" she laughed as I began to roll one of the legs of her pants up.


"Making it so you don't get sand in you pants."


"Oh my god," she laughed as she rolled her eyes.


I stood up and smiled,"Shall we?"


"So we shall," she laughed as she followed me on to the warm sand of the beach. I interlocked her fingers with mine as we strolled across the wet sand, where the water met the shore.


"Hey Maddy?"


"Yeah, Bren?"


"You think we will always be together? I know it's a weird question, but I don't think I could live knowing that it won't always be you and me." My grip grew tighter around her hand as waves crashed and I waited for her answer as the anxiety rolled on to my shores just like the waves have on this one.


"Without a doubt. I mean we have already been through so much. I really don't think there is anything else that could tear us apart."


"None of this would have come about if I hadn't cheated on you."


"Will you stop putting yourself down about that?" she asked a bit frustrated. "Brendon that was almost six months ago. You've apologized and I have forgiven you 100%. I trust you. And if that hadn't happen things could be completely different right now. You made a mistake, I've made mistakes. The thing is is that we have never left each other. Do you know how rare that is?"


Her explanation made me smile.


"I don't think I tell you enough how amazing you are and how much I love you."


"You do," she smiled," and I appreciate it. Sometimes you show me rather than tell me, which means so much more."


It was then that I knew what I was going to do for Maddy's birthday. I looked over at her. Her hair running with the breeze and her eyes lit up by the moonlight. She snuggled into my chest and I could feel the cold that had landed on her silky skin.


"Ready to head back," I whispered into her hair. She nodded her head. I lead her back up the beach and off the stand. We stood and the sidewalk and rolled our pants back down. I took her hand and we began our way back to the hotel. We reached the lobby. Natalie was sitting there with her things packed. Maddy hadn't seen her yet. I tried to divert Maddy's attention and stealthily lead her to the elevator, but Natalie had spotted us.


"Maddy!" She called out Madeline's name. Maddy swiftly moved her head towards the person who was calling her name. I felt her grip tense a bit. Natalie approached us.


"What do you want?" I asked coldly. Maddy put a reassuring hand on my chest.


"I-uh...um...Well you see,I....I...I wanted to apologize. I know you both don't think very highly of me, but I do feel absolutely terrible. I was really hoping I would get a chance to apologize before I leave. Brendon I am sorry or sabotaging your relationship and Maddy I am sorry that I have been so cruel to you. I'm a bitch," she laughed at her own insult," but I swear on the inside I have a conscience and it's feeling pretty guilty. I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for hurting you both and I understand if you don't forgive me."


I looked over at Maddy skeptically. I didn't believe a word of what Natalie was saying. I knew Maddy, and by her pensive facial expression I knew she was letting it all sink in.


"I forgive you, Natalie and I appreciate the courage it took you to apologize."


"Thank you," she smiled and looked at me, hoping to be forgiven by me also. I looked the other way. "Well I better get going, I have a flight soon." She walked out of the lobby and towards a cab. Maddy walked over to one of the elevators and pressed the button. We were surrounded by a bunch of people, none of which i trusted, so I waited inside the elevator to confront her.


"What the hell was that?" I asked in a bit of a raised voice.


"What was what?" she asked innocently.


"Why would you forgive her after I flipped out on her?"


"She seemed genuine about it. I'm not about holding grudges; besides, it's not like we will ever see her again."


I sighed and faced the door until the elevator stopped at our floor. She walked out and I followed close behind. I mulled over the thoughts in my head as I followed her to the room. She leant against the door frame for me to take out my card key and unlock the door. I held the door open for her and waited to go in until she had. She moved swiftly towards the bathroom and locked the door behind her. I made my way over to the bed as I began to undue my tie and undress. She came back out of the bathroom in a t-shirt and purple pajama pants. She slipped under the covers and laid purposely on one side of the bed. I sighed and turned off the light. I slid under the covers and followed her motion of sticking to one side of the bed. I could feel the tension pushing pressure between us and I couldn't take it. Whether I was wrong or right, I was sorry that I had caused yet another argument. I moved closer to her and let the front of my body trace the back of hers. I placed my arm around her waist.


"Forgive me?" I whispered just loud enough for her to hear in the silent, darkness of the room. She turned around to face me and kissed my cheek.


"I do, but you had no reason to be angry."


"I know, I just don't trust her and I was trying to protect you."


She smiled and snuggled into my chest.



....3 weeks later....


Maddy's Pov.


3 weeks had gone by, but it felt like three months. I ended up not being able to go back on tour with Brendon. Packing took longer than I had planned; however we found a place to move into. It was another condo, but a bit bigger. Brendon found it. It was a bit over the top, but I was excited. It was a penthouse and looked over the The Strip. "I miss New York, but I love the place." I thought to myself as I stood in the center of our new kitchen. There was that word again. "Our". I found myself saying it alot, especially to the movers. "You can put that in your room" or "Oh that goes in our kitchen". Ella pranced around at my feet. She was pretty patient on the 4 day road trip here.





*wow so this is 13 typed pages. I tried to make it a little more exciting than the last chapter. I know that it was pretty boring, but the next chapter will probably be up tomorrow. Please review the one and let me know if you like where it is going. I haven't received any reviews in a while and I'm not sure if anyone is still interested.*
Sign up to rate and review this story