Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Something's Wrong series

The Order

by Anaknisatanas 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 2716 words

0Illiterate


Harry stayed up in the Astronomy Tower long after everyone had left for the evening. He wasn't tired, not really. There were many things that he had to think of as well and being alone with the night sky helped him to think. If Draco didn't want to willingly join his Order, even though the blond claimed he did, or if he tried to back out last minute then he'd have to force Draco like he had done with Blaise. It was the only way to make sure that things went the way they were supposed to when he faced off against Voldemort and he would need Draco for that. Therefore he would do whatever he needed to get the blond Slytherin on his side.

He wasn't above forcing himself to use people into becoming allies of his. Ron had followed him blindly when he had set out on this quest. While Hermione had been a little more cautious it had been easy enough to break her and get her to join his ranks as well. He and Snape had already been training for about six months by that time. Harry had bought Snape's allegiance with his body, at least he had at first but now they were like the Spartan soldiers of old. Paired off in twos who did everything together, offering one another warmth and comfort so that they wouldn't go crazy.

Next had been the Weasely twins. They had been fairly easy to snag as well. He just gave them some more money to develop products for his use in the war and they were happy working out little inventions for the Order's use. Eventually they had seen the importance of what Harry was trying to do and had joined.

After them had come Madame White. She worked in Hogsmeade and had attended Durmstrang. She used the secret tunnel running from The Three Broomsticks up and into Hogwarts dungeons. Harry had met her a little over a year ago when he had been buying books in Latin and German, two languages that he had picked up on his own for his own gain. She ran asmall book store and eventually they had got to having long conversations when he went in once a week for new books.

Eventually he had found out where her true alliances lay and she had agreed to come to one Order meeting to see if she wanted to join his ranks and had decided to join. She had helped the Order by buying old and rare books and giving them over for study. She was their source of knowledge on curses and charms.

Harry had felt good at the small group that he had acquired.

Next he had added Ginny Weasely to his ranks. At first he was going to ignore her, she was just his best friend's little sister, but then he remembered her role in the Chamber of Secrets and knew that she had some uses. Ginny had been only too happy to join up with his forces and had quickly found out that Harry was serious about this and she herself became serious about it. She was useful to use to keep everyone guessing and to keep all the single populations of Hogwarts away from himself because everyone assumed that there might be something between him and the Weasely girl.

After Ginny had been the rest of the Weasely siblings, although the others couldn't make it to the meetings and Percy was only used for information. Charlie and Bill however, would be joining in the fighting.

Next had been Professor Lupin. It had been easy enough to make him keep his mouth shut since Severus was the only one in Britain he trusted to make his Wolfsbane Potion. True it was underhanded to blackmail his former Professor by threatening to withhold the Wolfsbane Potion but he needed everyone he could get and Lupin was gifted in Defense Againstthe Dark Arts and he was a werewolf. That in and of itself had been too good a chance to pass up, and so he had taken it when Lupin had showed up to teach again this year.

Zabini had been the hardest one to get. Harry had known all along that underneath Zabini's soft exterior was one of steel, one that was unbreakable. Zabini was his spy into the Slytherin Common Room. No Slytherin was threatened by his presence, and they also weren't smart enough to keep their mouths shut around him. Malfoy was the only one who kept his mouth shut but he did that around everyone. Zabini was a real gem to have.

Harry had just simply caught him using a spell that could get him expelled as well as a few other things that had piled up against the years. While the Zabini family were largely neutral they still practiced the darker and older magics. Harry had used both things against the Slytherin and Zabinihad hated him ever since. Until the past six months when he began to realize that the Order actually stood a chance against Voldemort.

And now he was after Malfoy, his diamond in the rough. Malfoy would be able to sway some of the other Slytherins into Harry's camp easily enough. Zabiniwas right when he had said he wouldn't stand a chance if his role in the Order came out without Malfoy at his back.

Harry was willing to do anything to ensure that Malfoy joined, whether by his own free will or because he was forced into it. It made no difference to Harry. He just had to win. How he won was of little importance to him at the moment, consequences could be dealt with later.

He had programmed himself to be this way. It had taken him many years to get here but it was worth everything he had been through in order to accomplish his needs. He was more than ready to lead the Order of Godric and Salazar. No one even knew about the Order unless they were in it.

Not even Dumbledore fully knew what was going on because Harry didn't want him to know. Dumbledore figured that if anything risky were taking place Lupinor Snape would inform him but Harry had leverage over both of them and the two Professors wisely kept their mouths shut. He had been underage when he had begun his little affair with Snape and Lupin needed his Wolfsbane.

It was really just one big web of deceit and blackmail and Harry was the one pulling all the strings to make the puppets dance and move in the way he wanted them. Snape had been the first one to get caught. To a certain extent they were all caught in his web. And he was the Golden Boy so they would all fall in line eventually. They wanted to fall in line with him because he was their hope and their future.

Harry had been the one to come up with the idea for the Order. He had come up with the idea during the summer after Diggory's death. He needed aspecially trained force that would help him get close enough to the Dark Lord so that he could bring him down in a flash of green light.

The only problem had been trying to figure out who had enough knowledge in the Dark Arts to help him in his quest and to train him before he expanded his little project. At first he had thought of Sirius but his godfather wouldn't have been able to sneak around Hogwarts and he probably wouldn't have let Harry learn such dark and vile things even though the other side used them. Lupinalso would have been ideal but he couldn't figure out a way to make him keep his mouth shut. Then brilliance had struck.

He had suspected and had had it confirmed for him the Professor Snape was mostly gay. So he had decided to entice his dear Professor into sleeping with him while he was still under the age of sixteen and then holding it over his head until he agreed to train him.

~~Flashback~~

"What is the meaning of this?" Snape growled low shoving Harry's note under his face once the rest of the fifth year Potion's class had left the room. "You dare to blackmail me with this you little snot?"

"That's right Professor," Harry said unafraid and not willing to back down. "What I want is quite simple really. You should be able to handle it. After all you said that you always wanted to be a Dark Arts teacher, at least everyone says that you do. I'll be your pupil."

"I won't be getting paid to teach you Potter," Snape sneered at him. "There's no point."

"You need this job though Professor," He pointed out with sweet innocence on his face, his tone anything but innocent or sweet. "You do spy for Voldemort here; at least Voldemort thinks that you do. If you get fired for fucking the Boy Who Lived that won't go over to well with him and then your life is null and void. Not only that but Dumbledore will be greatly disappointed in you enough so that he probably wouldn't bother protecting you from Voldemort's wrath and we wouldn't want that now would we?"

"Damn you Potter,"Snape seethed at him knowing that he had lost.

"I can pay you if that makes it any easier," Harry offered.

"How much?" Snape asked.

"How much would it cost for an hour of lessons daily and three hours on Saturday and Sunday?" Harry asked. "We'll negotiate. Set a price Snape."



"Very well," Snape said. "Ten Muggle pounds a week."



"That's fair," Harry agreed deciding to give the man a break since he was holding his whole existence over his head so he really didn't have to pay him at all and Snape knew all this. "Shall we start this weekend then? I'll pay you every Saturday evening. How does that sound?"



"Very well Mister Potter," Snape sneered at him but Harry was unaffected by it. "We shall set up times every week and change them if the need arises so no one becomes suspicious. Does that fit into your little plans?"



"Quite well actually," Harry said with no emotion in his voice whatsoever which caused Snape to look at him like a new person. "What is it Professor? That's right,you've never met the real Harry Potter have you?"



Snape just stared at him as though he'd grown two heads.



"Oh yes that's right," Harry acted as though he had just been struck by a revelation. "No one knows the real me. You mustn't tell anyone Professor because it would tarnish my reputation as the Golden Boy of the Wizarding World and we wouldn't want that now would we? I keep forgetting I haven't shown anyone this side of me. Although it's only normal when you see someone killed before you that you undergo a massive change."



"Calm down Potter," Snape said thinking that Harry was about to go into hysterics.



"You know what words always run through my mind Professor," Harry asked suddenly. "What words I've been hearing all summer and during classes this year?"



Mutely Snape shook his head.



"Yes you weren't there so you wouldn't know," He said. "Would you like to know Professor?"



"Just spit it out boy," Snape said. "Quit with the melodramatics."



"It's what I've just done to you Professor," Harry smiled suddenly. "Kill the spare. It's what Voldemort said when he saw Cedric. Kill the spare."



Harry turned and walked out the door ignoring Snape's demands that he come back right that instant.



Snape grabbed Harry by the arm before he could disappear up the stairs to get out of the dungeons.



"You're coming with me boy,"Snape glared at him. "Now."



The tone left little room for argument, not that Snape could have done anything to him but Harry went anyway. There was something that Snape had to say otherwise he wouldn't have come outside his classroom to grab Harry before he could leave.



Mutely Harry followed ignoring the few Slytherins that were in the hallways snickering. This troubled them even more and Harry was visibly smirking by the time they reached Snape's office. Snape opened the door and gestured Harry to enter before going in himself and closing the door behind him.



"What exactly is going on in your head boy?" Snape asked glaring at him.



"I spent the summer thinking,"Harry said. "Mostly about Voldemort. You and I both know that Ministry is full of shit. Voldemort's back, I saw him rise with my own eyes. I've been thinking about the final battle, the time when I'm going to bring him down and kill him and realized that I was going to need help."



"There are plenty of witches and wizards willing to fight by your side," Snape pointed out.

"I don't trust them," Harry said simply. "They give me no reason to. Besides that I need people familiar with my abilities but not overly familiar. I need training. I need people I can trust by my side. People who can get me close enough to Voldemort on the field so I can kill him. The only way I'll get that is with an Order."



"An Order?"Snape scoffed. "An Order already exists. The Order of the Phoenix. They'll help you."



"I don't know many of the people in it," Harry pointed out. "I also didn't pick any of them. No, this Order will be handpicked by me."



"And just what will you call it?" Snape questioned.



"The Order of Godric and Salazar," Harry smiled. "I'm planning on choosing people with strong Gryffindor and Slytherin traits. All for a good reason of course."



"Yes those Houses just loath each other," Snape said acidly. "Lovely choice there Potter, if you can get them to set aside their differences."



"Yes it is a lovely choice isn't it?" Harry said with a smirk. "The reason is because Voldemort is purely the heir of Salazar Slytherin. But I am a combination of both heirs thanks to Voldemort trying to kill me as a baby. I have both Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin. I am the heir of Gryffindor but I also have many of the prized qualities of the heir of Slytherin."



"You aSlytherin?" Snape leered. "You wouldn't last one day as a Slytherin."



"Look at it this way Snape," He said. "Who else but a Slytherin would have been smart enough to force you into giving him lessons and joining his Order? Who else but a Slytherin would be so good at hiding their true intentions? And did you also know that the Sorting Hat wanted to put me into Slytherin but I told it not to."



"Damn you boy!" Snape growled.



"It was clever wasn't it?" Harry asked rhetorically. "But every good Slytherin is clever and sneaky. Don't worry Professor, I expect the two of us to be like Spartan warriors. Research them if you're unfamiliar with the term and tell me what you think about it?"



Harry turned and walked out of the office and this time Snape didn't call him back.



~End Flashback ~



So now his Order was set up, almost complete. Once Draco joined he might add a few more people but to him it was almost perfect.



So far he trusted all the people in his Order. They relied upon one another and they trusted one another as well. Zabini was the only one who couldn't act overly friendly toward the other people except towards Professor Snape. But Madame White wrote all of them letters once a week.



It was a requirement but everyone just felt like it was a good idea to check in and give information and ask questions. It put everyone at ease and things ran much more smoothly and it cut down on rivalries and insecurities.



Personally he liked his system.



Perhaps he would even get to test it soon once Draco had joined them. In the near future they would find out if the Order of Godric and Salazar was a good idea or a bad one. They would all find out the truth of the Order.



Sign up to rate and review this story