Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Out of Control

Chapter 1

by Lororie 0 reviews

L decides to try a different track for his interrogation of Raito-kun. L-centric

Category: Death Note - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: L,Yagami Raito - Published: 2008-06-15 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 500 words

0Unrated
If Raito-kun is Kira, he is obviously attempting to disguise this fact by being completely supportive of me in general. He may disagree with some of my reasoning, but whenever he does so openly he always states his line of reasoning as support. He is, on occasion, surprised by my actions – however, he is always supportive after I explain them.

L was, unsurprisingly, completely focused on the case at hand. One could almost say he was enjoying this case, as most cases took infinitely less time and effort. Indeed, this was the first case to push him at all, and it was a refreshing change of pace. If only the circumstances had been different…but such is the life of a private investigator.

I am continually attempting to catch him off guard as Kira…and while I occasionally succeed in catching Raito-kun off guard, I have never gotten Kira off guard. It seems highly unlikely that I will be able to, as Raito-kun thinks so quickly. Much like myself, if I do say so.

Hmm…much like myself?

Now that was an interesting thought indeed. While some of L’s would-be heirs had similar behavior patterns and thought processes, Raito-kun was the first to truly remind L of himself. Perhaps this was because L expected extreme intelligence from his compatriots, whereas Raito-kun was constantly surprising him with his insight…then again, Raito-kun’s insight could stem directly from the fact that he was Kira, which would make his insight much less impressive in terms of speed. Still, thinking over every potential situation to such depth would indicate a level of focus – almost obsession – also on par with L’s.

Fascinating. I wonder just how similar we are…we are both sore losers, we both have a childishly simplistic approach to justice, we both have a highly uncommon degree of insight…I wonder…

There was an approach to catching Raito-kun off guard that L had not yet attempted – seduction. In most situations, L would never consider this simply because it was highly unpleasant. However…with Raito-kun…it was a possibility to seriously consider. Raito-kun would be acceptable to L’s tastes because of his intelligence – which was the main limiting factor. L himself was bi, but because of his frightening intelligence found most individuals too boring to consider a romantic involvement. Raito-kun, however…

It could be very agreeable. And absolutely fascinating if he WERE Kira…although I would have to be very careful not to allow myself to become too attached. I am already attracted to Raito-kun as a friend; he is everything I never had as a childhood companion, and more than I would have wished for. I already think of him as ‘-kun’, even! Physically attractive, with a strong sense of justice and intelligence on par with my own…yes, I will have to be very cautious.

But it was definitely a plan worth pursuing. L decided to implement it, and began following his handcuff chain back to Raito-kun.
Sign up to rate and review this story