Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

MindFreak

by StateofSickness

Gerard works in his family's flower shop and ponders over the boy who turned the white tulip, black

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-11-27 - Updated: 2008-11-28 - 1168 words

?Blocked
Title: MindFreak
Author: [info]pinch5
Pairing: Frank/Gerard
Rating: PG 13, for now
Disclaimer: Umm..... I don't own anyone but..... oh yeah! your mom
Warnings: People who don't like cursing, lots of thinking and manxman please go somewhere where you can shove it leave now
Summary: Gerard works in his family's flower shop and ponders over the boy who turned the white rose, black
A/N: Wrote this while listening to MindFreak by Criss Angel, and I really don't know if I continue this though


Gerard walked back inside after setting up the display of red and white roses at the front of the store. It was 2 weeks before Valentine's day and the store was going to get a lot of business. Wiping his hands on the starch white smock that he was required to wear, while on the clock. Gerard tucked a strand of hair behind his head as he rearranged a vase full of Violets and Snapdragons, while thinking about his brother's new boyfriend.Pete. Gerard didn't like Pete. He was constantly knocking over vases and messing with displays, that took Gerard hours to make. Pete thought Gerard was Mikey's little sister, the first time they met and hit on him when Mikey went to get his smock. Gerard promptly threw the glass of water he was drinking in Pete's face and told him to 'Go shove some roses up your ass'

Of course Pete told Mikey, who told mom, who told dad, who told Gerard that he was grounded for a month. Gerard thought about a lot of things while he worked. He thought about how he caught Pete going into the girls bathroom with Ashlee Simpson, during History class, whilst staring out the classroom door. He thought about how he keeps catching Pete stealing from the cash register and how he wishes Pete didn't scare him so much, so he could tell people what he sees.

"....Hello? Anyone home?"

Gerard blinked rapidly and turned his attention to the man waving a hand frantically in front of his face.

" Oh! I'm sorry... Welcome to Mondo di Flore' how may I help you?" asked Gerard with practiced efficiency, having said it at least 827 times ( Gerard counted) Gerard could recite it in his sleep.

The man smiled, not an overly polite smile, more like a smile that says ' I need help and your not helping me'

" Yes you can, I need a bouquet that says, ' Sorry, I broke your window, but mom I'm still your son'

Gerard gave the man a surprised look, both eyebrows far above his hairlines as if asking ' are you serious?'

" And yes, I'm serious"

Gerard smiled softly before speaking " So your looking for flowers that ask for forgiveness?"

The man smiled and nodded eagerly.

Gerard stepped out from behind the counter and motioned for the man to follow him to the flower display room.

Gerard loved the flower display room, it was always smelled like flowers and rain, or just like his grandmother, who passed away earlier this month. His grandmother had started the flower shop many years ago with his grandfather. He too was dead. Gerard and his grandmother were very close, despite the age difference. As a young child, Gerard always stopped to smell the flowers.... and look at them and marvel at them until his mother dragged him away, because his new brother made her want to go pee.

Because of his love for flowers Gerard's mother always brought him to the flower shop to see his Italian grandmother whenever she needed a nap or a mini vacation. During those mini vacations his grandmother taught him everything she knew about flowers until she died.

When she did die Gerard locked himself in her house for a week.

Gerard gave the man a list which listed each type of flower they had and what they symbolized

Flower's

Alstroemeria aspiring
Amaryllis dramatic
Anemone fragile
Apple Blossom promise
Aster contentment
Azalea abundance
Baby's Breath festivity
Bachelor Button anticipation
Begonia deep thoughts
Black-Eyed Susan encouragement
Camellia graciousness
Carnation

pink

gratitude

red

flashy

striped

refusal

white

remembrance

yellow

cheerful
Chrysanthemum

bronze

excitement

white

truth

red

sharing

yellow

secret admirer
Cosmos peaceful
Crocus foresight
Daffodil chivalry
Delphinium boldness
Daisy innocence
Freesia spirited
Forget-Me-Not remember me forever
Gardenia joy
Geranium comfort
Ginger proud
Gladiolus strength of character
Heather solitude
Hibiscus delicate beauty
Holly domestic happiness
Hyacinth sincerity
Hydrangea perseverance
Iris inspiration
Ivy fidelity
Jasmine grace and elegance
Larkspur beautiful spirit
Lavender distrust
Lilac first love
Lily

Calla

regal

Casablanca

celebration

Day

enthusiasm

Stargazer

ambition
Lisianthus calming
Magnolia dignity
Marigold desire for riches
Nasturtium patriotism
Orange Blossom fertility
Orchid delicate beauty
Pansy loving thoughts
Passion flower passion
Peony healing
Poppy consolation
Queen Anne's Lace delicate femininity
Ranunculus radiant
Rhododendron beware
Rose

pink

friendship

red

passionate love

red & white

unity

white

purity

yellow

zealous
Snapdragon presumptuous
Star of Bethlehem hope
Stephanotis good luck
Statice success
Sunflower adoration
Sweetpea shyness
Tuberose pleasure
Tulip

pink

caring

purple

royalty

red

declaration of love

white

forgiveness

yellow

hopelessly in love
Violet faithfulness
Wisteria steadfast
Yarrow good health
Zinnia thoughts of friends


The man looked at the list with, what Gerard noticed , amusement .

" Huh...... well this narrows down my choices greatly, I would like a bouquet of completely white tulips and 1 black tulip in the middle"

Gerard gave the man a dumbfounded look and took the list gently from his tattooed fingers and re read it.

'White, forgiveness, Yellow, hopelessly in love, BLACK!? when the hell did this get here? I had the list 10 seconds ago, plus i memorized this list top to bottom who changed it? What did Black mean anyway? Unknown? Huh...'

" Alright, I'll go grab a vase and then we can go pick out the flowers okay?"

The man nodded and followed Gerard to the back room where he found a vase that would be able to hold up such pretty flowers.

Having found the vase he walked back into the flower room and picked up 18 white tulips each a foot long. Gerard fidgeted for a bit before turning around to face the man with the most unusual request he'd ever heard.

" Look I think this list is messed up, we don't sell black tulips here..."

The man grinned and shrugged before asking for a white tulip.

Gerard gave it to him.

" Close your eyes"

Gerard closed his eyes and didn't ask question.

Gerard felt then need to ask questions when he felt lips against his own. He first thought was to struggle, but first he needed to know if the man had a weapon.

Nothing. That's what Gerard saw when he opened his eyes. No man, just the door leading away from the flower room. Gerard slapped a hand to his forehead and raised and eyebrow in surprise he felt the stem of a tulip.

He almost fainted when he found the tulip to be black. Twirling the tulip in his hands he pulled the index card attached to the stem and read it

" Frank"
Sign up to rate and review this story