Categories > Original > Romance

Blow the Candles Out

by nothinginyourhead

Looks like a solo tonight... Allison just can't seem to make him stay.

Category: Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-03-26 - Updated: 2009-03-27 - 468 words

?Blocked
This is just a little idea that was kicking around in my head. I have been told that my writing is very weird. I would much rather write in present tense, but for the sake of my story I won’t. It’s just a habit. If you like it, let me know, I will continue.  Enjoy.
_______________________________________________________________________________
“Please stop.” I whispered, as I turned to stare out the window. I could feel his eyes on me as he stops mid sentence.

“What’s wrong?” He grips my shoulder and turns me to face him.

“I just can’t listen to you talk about her anymore.” I knew he wouldn’t really understand. It was an enough of an ambiguous statement; I would never really need to explain.

“I’m boring you? Shit. I got a little carried away. Let’s talk about something else then.” The blush that creeps up on his face takes my breath away. Doesn’t he realize that he could never bore me? Didn’t he realize that I loved everything he did? Wait, almost everything. I hated when he talked about her.

“You really like her? Like really REALLY like her?” My words had flown out of my mouth before I could stop them. It was my turn to blush. “Never mind, it’s none of my business.” I said quickly.

“I… uh… she’s smart... you know…” He stammers, his hand reaching to scratch his head. There was an odd look on his face, like he was trying to word something correctly. He finally settled on, “Why?”

“I just wondered.” I was looking out the window again. The energy in the room has changed. Things feel awkward. I decided to throw caution to the wind. “I’m smart, too, you know.”
I look at him, trying to get my message across.

“Yeah, I know…” He says. This intense eye contact is too much; I feel myself getting emotional, but I refuse to break the silence. She does it for us.

He set an actual song as her ringtone. The kind you actually have to pay for. Mine is still some pre installed jingle.

“Answer it. I’m gonna go get something to drink.” I answered his silent question, uncurled myself from my couch and left the room. There had to be something to say to salvage the day; something that would fix it all. With my soda in hand, I walked back to into the room to find it empty. I could hear his car start outside, and I waited until the gentle rumble was gone before I looked out the window.

He left. He actually left. No goodbye. No see you later. I couldn’t stop the tears at that point.

My name is Allison and I just ruined my friendship.
Sign up to rate and review this story