Categories > Original > Drama

Opposites Always Attract.

by CharlieCyanide

15 and 20. Quiet and reserved, and, Out going and loud. So different, yet so amazingly perfect. Josh Franceschi returns to his school after becoming one of the most looked up to front men of h...

Category: Drama - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] [Y] - Published: 2009-04-13 - Updated: 2009-04-13 - 536 words

?Blocked
As I awoke from my sleep on Friday morning and pulled back the dark red sheets of my bed, I knew today would be different.

I dressed quickly into my school uniform, a plain white shirt with a red tie, a red jumper with the school logo on it, some plain black trousers and finally her black ballet flats. The only thing I did to make myself stand out was line my eyes lightly in black eye liner and put a small ring on my pinkie finger.

I walked down the stairs after brushing my teeth to find my father passed out on the couch. I was used to it by now though, I was used to her father coming in after a night completely paralytic and then finding him on the couch still passed out. I sighed before heading into the kitchen to find my bag and grab my money for the day.

I walked to school most days, this was one of them. Placing my phone in my coat pocket and putting the ear buds of my iPod in my ears, I walked the 30 minute walk to school, letting the soothing voice of Hayley Williams, take her away from my problems.

The sounds of Misery Business hit my ears as I rounded the corner, the gates of Heathside Secondary School coming into my view; it was one of the places I hated with vengeance. I walked slowly, knowing I would be early; I wanted a few more minutes to myself. As one of my favourite songs finished I neared the gates, and pulled the buds from my ears, coming back down to earth.

I only really had one friend, her name was Heather, and as always she was waiting for me at the gates like she did most mornings.

“Hey Charlie, how’s things at home?” She asked lightly as we both walked into the dreaded school.

“Oh the same, dad’s pissed out of his mind again, gives me more time to myself though.” I answered.

“Oh alright, OH! Did I tell you, we don’t have lessons today?” Heather asked me.

“Considering you only met me a minute ago, no.” I said dryly.

“We don’t have lessons, it’s this whole ‘Look where our past students are now’ kind of thing.” She said as we neared our tutor room.

“Sweet! At least I miss French.” I laughed along with Heather as the bell went for the start of the day.

The two of us sat in our normal places in Miss Best’s English room waiting for the chance we would all get to go down and start our day of no lessons.

As Miss Best walked into the room everyone went silent.

“Alright, as long as you come and see me first so I can mark you in as present, you can all start to make your way down the gym.” Miss Best said to all of us.

Heather and I were the last to sign ourselves in and the last of our tutor group to join the line of people outside the gym. I couldn’t help wonder to myself, if this was the different I meant this morning.
Sign up to rate and review this story