Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Searching for the Power

54. October

by GinnyMyLove

September passes into October with no change in Gabrielle. We follow Harry as he learns how to cope without his pet.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Fleur,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Luna - Warnings: [!!] [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2009-05-25 - Updated: 2009-05-26 - 9233 words - Complete

?Blocked
Harry Potter and associated Canon Characters are owned by JK Rowling and Warner Bro's as well as anyone else she sold it to. Not mine.





Chapter 54: October


September passed into October with no change in Gabrielle. Harry kept hoping for another dream visit but none ever came, he silently hoped that meant she was using her energy to get better rather than reach out to him.

The plan was put on hold as Harry spent his time only with Hermione, Ginny, and Gabrielle. Word had spread throughout the female population of just what had happened and no one, not even Lavender, was self centered enough to think that they could be the one to pull him away from the Veela in the hospital wing.

Fleur had stopped visiting after the first few days and Bill soon after. Her parents both visited at least twice a week but knew that being with her every hour of every day would not make a difference to her recovery. Harry had not yet accepted this as a fact and still spent all of his free time at her bedside unless he was sleeping. For the first three weeks he had not even been intimate with Gin or Mione, simply enjoying being close to them at night.

His depression and self loathing were growing by the day but he masked it well using Occlumency. No Legilimens at Hogwarts was good enough to see through his charade but he did vent to the one person who could understand and was unable to judge him. Gabrielle listened when they were alone; to how much he hurt seeing her like this, and how guilty he still felt even though he was no longer feeling self destructive.

Dumbledore had stopped their lessons until Harry could provide him with a Pensieve memory of the events at Beauxbatons. He feared that Harry had used unnatural and Dark Magic and refused to teach him any further until the matter was settled. Harry was honestly thankful for more time to spend with his love, and in any case was far beyond what the Headmaster was trying to teach him about Dark Arts.

*************************SFTP************************

He had avoided everyone as much as possible unless they were visiting Gabrielle. He was sitting reading to her when he caught the scent of sunshine in the air and looked up to find Luna standing at the end of Gabrielle's bed.

"Uh...hi Luna." He said for lack of anything better.

"Harry," She said tearing up. "I'm so sorry..."

The sight of her tears drove any thoughts of anger from his mind and he opened his arms in a gesture his girls knew all too well. She quickly dove into his shoulder and curled up to be held by him. He whispered soothing words into her hair even as he tried to sort his thoughts on the matter. She pulled back still with tears in her huge eyes. Those eyes were dancing between his as she tried to pull herself together.

"I promise I didn't know Harry...I wish I could have given you more warning..."

He pulled her back into a hug, "Shhh, its okay Lu. I was angry with you at first but you being here shows me how stupid I was being."

She shook her head, "What good does it do for me to See if I can't help the ones I love?"

"You told me your sight doesn't work that way, and you couldn't have known if something might have changed right?"

She nodded tentatively, "This isn't your fault either Harry, or Susan or anybody else..."

"What isn't my fault?" Susan asked quietly as she walked around the screen.

"Susie can you give us a minute please?" Harry asked.

"What isn't my fault Luna?" Susan demanded though still quietly.

Harry answered again, "Susie the point is that it isn't anyone's fault but Voldemort. Please drop it." Harry said defensively.

"And you believe that right? It isn't your fault either?" She asked him pointedly.

He couldn't respond for a few seconds. "That's what I thought." She stated though she didn't look happy at being right. "Luna what is not my fault?"

Luna turned her watery eyes on the redhead and answered as clearly as she could. "Harry's power is based on Love, the reason he can now keep Voldemort out is because of Love. He doesn't want you to know that losing you may have broken his shields long enough for Voldemort to recover."

Susan gasped, "That's not fair! Of course that isn't my fault! I mean...Harry I..." She was beginning to tear up at the thought.

Sensing his need, Luna raised herself up off his lap enough for him to get off the chair and her to sit down in his place as he walked over to Susan. "I never blamed you Susie, none of us do." He tried to collect her in a hug but she pulled violently away from him.

"But Harry if it's true then it is my fault!"

He shook his head and held his hands up in a classic look I'm unarmed and harmless gesture. "No Susie, it's my fault. I should be able to keep him out; I still have Hermione, Ginny, and Gabrielle. I think it should be enough but I still took a few weeks to get myself back together."

She was crying silently now as she looked into his eyes and found the truth. "It's not your fault either Harry...the only one to blame is Voldemort right?"

He still couldn't answer that question with a straight face, "I'm fine now Susie, Gabrielle is going to get better."

She looked to the girl in the bed and her tears flowed once more. He tried once more to pull her into a hug but she tore herself away from him and fled the room. He sighed as he turned back around to find Luna studying him.

"It isn't your fault Harry."

"I know that." He replied.

"You know but you do not understand..." She stood and wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug, from one friend to another. "You will though."

He smiled even through the pain that was threatening. "Eventually?"

She nodded and turned to go. "Luna wait!" Harry called out.

She turned and looked at him inquisitively. "Dobby?" He called out.

"You calls Harry Sir?" Dobby asked as he popped in.

Harry leaned down and whispered something to the elf who nodded and popped away, a double pop later and Harry was holding a familiar jewelry case. "Luna, I give these to the women who mean the most to me." He paused to take a deep breath before continuing.

"I should have placed the protections on the one Gabrielle wore, then maybe she would be standing here instead of lying there." He removed the chain and pendant from the box and wrapped his hand around it. His fist glowed a few different colors as he closed his eyes. Once he was done he looked up and found Luna with tears in her eyes once more.

"Thank you Harry...I love you." She said without a hint of dreaminess.

She turned and allowed him to fasten it as she lifted her hair, it rested between her breasts just over her heart and as she turned back around she kissed him chastely on the lips.

His smile was small but real, "Eventually?" He asked.

"Of course, haven't you learned anything yet?" She said going dreamy again and this time his smile was true. "You love me as well." She said with a smile before wiping her eyes and looking back up at him.

"Eventually?" He asked again, remembering how much fun this game could be.

She just smiled and turned to walk away; as she neared the door she looked over her shoulder at him. "Something like that."

*************************SFTP************************

He had worked through all thirteen volumes of Magic Most Dark and for a change was reading the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy aloud to Gabrielle. In the absence of television he found that his passion for reading turned into a love of reading at least when it came to fiction. He hoped that the girl lying quietly in the bed next to him was enjoying his clumsy reading as much as he was.

There were also times when Harry would disappear both from the Hospital Wing and from the student population in general. Gin and Mione suspected he was in the Room of Requirement working on his magic much like he had done at Grimmauld Place. They were correct of course, but what they did not know was that he was working on a new project.

Having gone far and beyond the usual standard with single and dual wand use as well as his non-Wandless casting. His studies of the Dark Arts had led him full circle back to actual Wandless magic. If one were to look in on him in the Room they would see him meditating with objects spread in a circle around him on the floor. What they could not see was him attempting to guide his magic to levitate said objects. He was having no luck of course but he simply knew that it was possible and only had to unlock that part of himself to access the skills.

Eventually he went back to basics, to the very first Wandless exercise he learned. He sat on the floor staring at his upturned palm trying to conjure living fire. When he was completely calm from his Occlumency he couldn't even feel the magic attempting to form above his hand. So he began trying other things, emotions as triggers. Eventually he thought of his favorite movie and began gathering his emotions.

He tried first to use his happy stash, his Patronus memories. He allowed his magic free reign as he simply let the emotions out, much the way he tried to force those memories into his "joy juice" look. Opening his eyes he slowly opened his hand and was rather surprised to find a tiny golden stag standing on his palm. The moment he let his surprise through the stag vanished but he was ecstatic at his sudden leap in progress.

Not knowing how a tiny Wandless Patronus would be helpful in battle he decided to try a different tactic, he began gathering his darkest emotions. He pulled on his worst memories to fuel what he hoped was coming. The look on his face got darker and darker as he let all the pain and self loathing, all the hatred of Tom and his followers, memories of abuse at the hands of the Dursleys; all of it came to the surface and though he could not see it his eyes darkened to black. He closed his eyes to concentrate that hatred into a ball of magic floating above his hand and closed his fist as tightly as he could with a sneer on his face that would curdle water.

He opened his eyes and stared straight ahead at the far wall, letting his magic flow he slowly opened his hand and could feel the crackling purple electricity flowing and arcing from finger to finger. As he slowly watched in his peripheral vision he imagined dark scenarios. Next time Voldemort tied him to a grave marker he would see what true power was all about.

As his thoughts turned to violence the pulsing increased in his palm and quite suddenly he had to duck and redirect his hand away from his face before the lightning jumped to the nearest wall and blackened the stonework. He quickly closed his fist as the surprise took him and lost the darkness he needed to conjure the Force Lightning.

Having thoroughly scared himself he stood and apologized to Hogwarts just in case she was sentient. A new pair of trousers and boxers appeared on a chair next to him and he was extremely grateful in any case as he noticed he had soiled himself.

*************************SFTP************************

Weekdays were a blur to him; he attended his usual classes but made no move to do more than the requirement. In classes where he was in the advanced group he would only comment enough to guide and help the other students. Thoughts of the mystery Slytherin had completely skipped his mind but still, he hadn't spoken more than three words at a time to Daphne in weeks and had not even thought about shooting Pansy a look.

He had been accosted and forced into a closet on only a single occasion a week after the battle of Beauxbatons. However he had been entirely unresponsive, to the point that whoever the girl was had taken his member into her mouth trying to get him hard and was unable to succeed. He had actually even tried to imagine it was Ginny again to make it work for him. To feel something besides love and guilt once more but it had been to no avail. The girl, whoever it was had run out of the broom closet crying too fast for him to see her face or hair color. He was crying silently as he did his trousers back up and dried his face and locked that event away with many others that were too painful to face at the moment before walking out of the closet and to the Hospital Wing where he now sat.

"Come on Harry, it's time for Defense." Hermione told him quietly. He stood and kissed Gabrielle on the cheek before closing 'The Two Towers' and lying on the table by her head.

He and Hermione walked arm-in-arm down to the Defense classroom and sat down. As they handed their homework forward Harry noticed Draco staring him down from across the room. Harry tried to conjure up feelings of hatred but instead only felt bitter and a little bit of pity for the new Head of the Malfoy family. Malfoy looked confused for a moment before going back to a sneer and a steely gaze that would at least hurt a little if looks could kill.

"What's up with Draco?" Harry asked Hermione quietly.

She looked across the room quickly before returning her attention to her lover. "I don't know, he came back after a week wearing the Malfoy Signet and seeming more scared than anything. He looks like he wants to inflict great bodily harm on you now."

"Do you think he knows I killed his father?"

She paused, that was the first time he had mentioned the incident since the conversation that night he met Gabrielle's parents. "I don't know Harry, how could he know?"

"He's marked, that means he probably had to meet with his Master after assuming control of his Families assets."

"You think Voldemort told him?" She asked.

He shrugged to show that he could care less either way. "It doesn't matter; Malfoy is not an ancient house so the only thing that has changed between us is that I can take all of his fortune if he attacks me or mine rather than half, or I can challenge him to a Wizards Duel. One of these days we really should look into fixing that nepotistic law don't you think?" He whispered with a mock smile.

She nodded having missed the sarcasm. "It is troubling that our legal system works on how old your family name is followed by how pure your blood status. Something to add to our list of things to do I suppose."

Snape began the lesson and as usual avoided all contact with Harry. Apparently the fact that Harry could send a Cruciatus curse through a look had not been lost on the man after the taste he had been given. Snape as usual took out his frustration on every other student in the class, but unfortunately for Harry he was technically keeping his promise to be fair to everyone by maintaining the same level of snark and unpleasantness all around.

Across from them Harry could see that Lavender was sitting very close to Ron, nearly in his lap. It only barely registered in his mind that the two were now dating and he chuckled slightly as he saw that the earring was missing.

"What's so funny?" Hermione asked him.

"Ron's earring is gone."

"This amuses you why?" She asked

"He got it as a gift from Romilda Vane."

"The Fourth year?" She asked scandalized.

He nodded, "In any case, rumor has it that the earring was spelled to whisper nasty things to any female that got too close, and charmed so that Ron couldn't hear it."

"Just where did you get this information?" She asked quietly as they began working on the spell for the day.

"Lavender told me."

She looked across the room once more and saw how close the two were and it clicked. "Oh."

He nodded again with a small smile. "Oh indeed. I hope she is dating him because she likes him, not in some attempt to get back at us."

"Me as well; though the Prat deserves it if she is...are you ready Harry?" He thanked her silently for not saying 'En Guard' as she raised her wand and he returned her salute.

*************************SFTP************************

"Potter!" Ron called out as they exited the defense classroom.

Harry turned and tried to remove the slightly annoyed look from his face, despite everything he still considered Ron a friend. "Yes Weasley?" He asked with sarcasm.

Unfortunately Ron seemed to completely miss the sarcasm. "Look, you've missed three Quidditch Practices now, if you don't make it this weekend I am going to have to think about replacing you!"

"You're not serious?"

"Look, the first match is coming up in November versus Slytherin. We need to work together as a team!"

Harry shook his head in disbelief. "You can't be serious Ron, I missed the first two because I was in the hospital wing, and I missed the last one because I was in the hospital wing with Gabrielle. Don't make me choose."

"Between your French tart and something important?" Ron spat at him.

Harry reached the end of his patience and with a thought Ron was pinned against the wall. "Ron, I really want to recover our friendship but you are pushing me beyond my limits. I am in love with that French Tart and she is more important to me than any silly game!"

Ron was furious but unable to move except to speak, "She told me what you did Harry; I promised Luna I would be happy for you no matter who you dated, but I can also be pissed as hell at you for using someone like that!"

Harry leaned in close as a crowd was forming, blocking those left inside the classroom. "Just what has Lavender been telling you then?"

Ron was looking at the crowd but decided slandering the Lord Black would not bode well he kept his voice down. "You used her, told her you loved her so she would sleep with you, and then cheated on her after stealing her virginity!"

Harry controlled his emotions as best he could but Ron was suddenly forced even harder against the wall getting a gasp from the redhead, "You are the one being used Ron, if she means something to you I hope you can forgive her for lying to you. For now; until you're ready to apologize to me you can just not say anything to me."

"Won-Won!" Lavender called as she rushed to Ron's side. "Let him down you brute!" She said turning angry eyes on him.

He slowly let Ron down until he was sitting on his feet, partly because Ron was still his friend on some level and partly for Lavenders sake. Ron was rubbing is sore shoulders as she stood to his full height. "You're off the team."

Surprisingly it didn't hurt nearly as much as it had the year before, he just nodded. "Good luck then."

That was all he could bring himself to say to his former friend, he turned and walked down the hall with Hermione quickly catching up to him. "What was that about?"

He sighed but said nothing else until they reached the hospital wing and sat down beside Gabrielle. "Hello Pet, did you miss me? I know I missed you." He said with a smile.

"So?" Hermione asked.

He sighed again and spoke to the girl in the bed. "Ron kicked me off the team for missing practices. I'm sure pinning him to the wall has something to do with it as well."

"Harry I'm so sorry, I know how much you love to fly!"

He turned toward her and smiled. "Honestly? It doesn't bother me anymore; there are bigger things in my life than Quidditch." He went back to stroking Gabrielle's hair as he spoke.

Hermione placed a hand on his shoulder. "Harry, this really isn't healthy. I love Gabrielle too but she would not want you to waste away at her bedside."

He turned on her suddenly letting his control slip. "What would she want Mione? For me to shag all the girls in the school while she lays here? For me to go along with this stupid plan that just ends up hurting people or hurting me?"

She was taken aback by his tone and was speechless for a moment until she saw a tear make its way down his cheek. He quickly dashed it away and looked back up at her with the apology in his eyes. "I'm sorry Mione...I just..."

She pulled him into a hug as she stood and simply held him, "None of it is your fault Harry." He shook his head and tried to pull away from her without hurting her but she wouldn't let him go.

"It's not your fault." She repeated.

"Stop it! Let me go!" He tried again to pull away but refused to use force against her.

She sat down in his lap and pulled her wand out, closing the curtains and casting a silencing charm before wrapping herself around him again. "It's okay Harry, it isn't your fault."

The tears had returned but he was still holding tightly to his control. "You don't understand Mione...I can't do this right now..." He sobbed quietly.

"It's not your fault and we still love you." His sobs increased in volume but he refused to let go, it scared him.

"Mione I just can't...I want to but I can't do this, not yet." He sniffed as he tried to get control of his leaking body. "It's too much; I don't know what would happen if I let it all go right now."

"Why don't we find out?" She asked him quietly as she smoothed his hair and kissed his cheeks.

He shook his head. "You don't understand, I might tear down half the castle, I might destroy myself and both of you...It's dark Hermione and the only thing keeping me from going over the edge is my blocks...I promise we will work through this eventually but I can't do this right now."

She sighed as her own tears began to fall at his explanation. "Soon then Harry, you know what will happen if you keep bottling it up."

"I'm done with the Plan." He said suddenly changing the subject.

"Harry you have to know, if even one more..."

"No Hermione!" He said forcefully. "I love you, I love Ginny, I love Gabrielle. Luna says I love her eventually which can mean anything with her. I have enough Mione, Lavender is nothing but trouble, Susan couldn't take it. I. Am. Done!"

She was taken aback by his tone and searched his eyes finding the truth there. "Okay Harry that Plan was definitely getting tiresome in any case..." Her eyes lit up. "Does this mean we can actually Date now?"

He grinned as she finally relented and pulled her into a bear hug. "I Love Hermione Granger!" He shouted even as tears of relief fell from his eyes.

She was getting a bit giddy from lack of air by the time he stopped spinning her around. "Um, Harry?" She asked quietly.

He turned on her quickly; a bit scared at her 'I have a plan' tone of voice. "Yes Hermione?"

She began playing with her fingers and biting her bottom lip as she worried over what she was about to ask, looking everywhere but at him. "Not that I am not amazingly happy...not that Gin and I can't be happy with just you! That isn't it at all..."

He couldn't help but smile to see her so flustered. "What is it Hermione."

She took a deep breath and soldiered on. "Can we still play with other girls? I mean Luna and Tonks of course...but if any other girls can agree to share you there is no reason not to right?"

The absurdity of the statement hit him and he started laughing. She was looking at him in shock and outrage. "Honestly Harry you just had to say no, you don't need to mock me!"

He shook his head as he tried to regain control of his breathing, he quickly pulled her in to a kiss that curled her toes and solved his laughing problem. He pulled back and looked into her eyes. "Honestly Mione, I am a sixteen year old boy, who also happens to be 100% male. Just how stupid would I be to say 'No' to that?"

It took her a moment to pick apart his cryptic answer. "So that's a yes then?"

He nodded, "While making love is better than shagging any day, there is definitely something to be said for shagging. If you can find a girl who just wants to have fun with no strings attached then I am not going to be all noble and tell her no. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I made my witches unhappy?"

She jumped back into his arms and kissed him thoroughly, for the first time in a long while he was feeling rather amorous but she pulled away with a worried look on her face. "What now?" He asked.

"I have to inform the rest of the list of the change of plans... If they can agree to no strings, can you agree that you aren't opposed to love developing naturally?"

He looked confused as he stumbled over the idea, "Look, Lav was a disaster because she wanted too much too quickly, if you can promise me that whoever you bring to our bed is going to be okay with this arrangement then I can agree that love is not out of the question. Just take it slow yeah? I'm not starting anything while Gabrielle is in this bed."

She nodded as she pulled away from him. "I have to tell Ginny!" She said excitedly.

Before she could dash out he caught her hand. "Healing?"

"Oh, right." She leaned over and kissed Gabrielle on the cheek before heading out to get the learning area ready at the far end of the hospital wing. Harry wrapped his pets hand in his own and sat quietly with her as he thought.

They had begun lessons with Pomfrey soon after he woke the second time. So far only Harry, Hermione, Padma, Parvati and Cho had taken up the offer. He found it mildly amusing that none of the male students seemed to hang out with him any longer; even the Creevey's had stopped following him around. He figured they were avoiding any animosity that might arise being in a group of girls who were likely vying for his attention.

Padma and Parvati had actually been taking the class load required for Healer anyway so it was a head start for them. When asked, Padma had said that the same skill set would be useful for any of the research jobs with St. Mungo's or the Ministry, which made sense to him knowing her personality. Parvati was the big surprise, he had expected her to be much more like Lavender in her ambitions but she explained to him somewhat coldly that just because she was not a bookworm did not mean she was not intelligent enough to pursue an actual career. Cho had actually been taking the same classes as a backup for Quidditch which she still hoped to play professionally. Her Ravenclaw side wouldn't allow her to put all her eggs in one basket.

He was pulled from his thoughts by Hermione who let him know they were about to begin. He kissed Gabrielle chastely and headed out to join the group.

*************************SFTP************************

Over the next month Harry could hardly be found away from Gabrielle's bedside. He took his meals with Poppy in her office and sat and read to his perpetually asleep girlfriend. Her scar was slowly fading on the outside but Poppy told him there was no change on the inside, that it was likely her Veela magic making her beautiful once again. He said not a word in classes except when directly called upon, and in the DA he only made the announcement of the day's topic and helped the leaders out as needed or when he spotted someone who needed help.

The new plan was placed on hiatus, none of the girls wanted to intrude on his time with a possibly dying lover. He still spent his nights with Ginny and Hermione, and had even ended up with Luna or Tonks in his bed once or twice where they all had fun. But when things were quiet or when Harry was by himself, he was slipping deeper and deeper into the Dark Arts.

Fleur took to spending her free time with Harry and Gabrielle in the Hospital Wing with occasional visits from Luna, Hermione and Ginny. At one point Harry was found alone with Fleur and Gabrielle as Poppy was at a staff meeting in the Headmasters office.

"Arry...she loves you so much."

He simply nodded beside her, "You make her very happy 'Arry, I weesh..."

He turned to her, "What's the matter Fleur?"

She sighed, "William is a wonderful man but he has been asking me about ze bond. I do not know what else to tell him, I do not possess enough of ze Veela to knowingly do so but he seems to take it personally."

He sighed as the tears began to fall down her face and ended up pulling the older girl into his lap, he had no other experience in how to comfort a crying woman. He whispered into her hair feeling the pangs in his heart as her perfectly soft hair tickled his cheek; and the super smooth texture as he ran his fingers lightly through it. Just the way Gabrielle's felt. "Fleur, you just have to tell him that."

"But I have. He does not believe me." She cried quietly. She seemed to accept the embrace and the situation as completely natural.

"Would you like me to speak with him? Is there anything else I can do?"

She nodded into his shoulder, "What can I do?"

She pulled away and looked into his face, beautiful even with tears running down her cheeks. She seemed to reach some decision and quickly captured his lips in a kiss.

His immediate reaction was to pull her closer and deepen the kiss. She tasted nearly as perfect to him as Gabrielle did, her lips were the same perfect soft rose petals and her skin was the same silky smooth texture. He lost himself in her for a good five minutes before he realized what was happening. He pulled away quickly, "Fleur wait!"

She looked up at him puzzled, "You do not want me?"

He sighed, "Of course I want you, but you belong with Bill and I am with your sister."

She began crying once more into his shoulder and he let her for a moment. "William and I have ze open relationship 'Arry, many times we have brought mine best friend to share... How am I tasting to you?"

That caught him up short, indeed she had tasted almost perfect when he kissed her which should not happen if she were being unfaithful depending on how much of the Veela she actually had in her, then again she said she hadn't bonded with Bill. "That isn't the point though Fleur. I think you want to feel closer to your sister through me...and I was doing the same thing. But this isn't right."

"Gabrielle would share you with me, you know this."

He shook his head, "But I wouldn't ask her to, she is not my slave, she is my Lover. I can't do this to Bill either, or Ginny. Please Fleur, I can talk to him about the bond but you have to understand. I belong to Gabrielle; I can't do this with you..."

She nodded again and wiped her cheeks, he noted that although it took a little longer than his pet, soon she was perfect once again thanks to her magic. She looked into his eyes, "If things were different, you would want me?"

He smiled back at her, "In a heartbeat."

She stood and kissed him chastely on the cheek. "Thank you 'Arry, my seester is very lucky to 'ave you."

She left him alone with Gabrielle and he simply sat and joked with her quiet form about a threesome until it was time leave.

*************************SFTP************************

It had been a surprise in Mid-October when he had walked in to find Susan gossiping to Gabrielle, he stood and listened to her voice for a full ten minutes before gathering the courage to approach her. However the girl had spooked and run off when she saw him, apologizing the entire time for being there. Unfortunately his emotions were so raw that he couldn't muster the strength to tell her he thought it was wonderful that she was spending time Gabrielle.

The Headmaster had visited to check on her with Legilimency but could only conclude that she was indeed still with them. Harry wished he had thought to do so, but having confirmation that they weren't keeping her alive in the same way that those who had been kissed were cared for did help all of their moods for a while.

However he soon started to slip back toward depression, even with Mione and Gin there to help him out the darker emotions had crept back up on him. He finally had to shut most of them down after a week; the only person he shared these feelings with was Gabrielle and the only outlet he gave himself was practicing Wandless magic. When he was in the rest of the world he appeared indifferent, and when he was with his lovers he appeared optimistic. But inside he knew his emotions were burning a hole toward his soul and that he would pay for it someday. Thus the reason he vented only to Gabrielle, he continued to hope for more visits in his dreams but none came.

Three days before Halloween he decided to try his Legilimency trick, he sat down on the floor at the foot of her bed and dropped into his center before slowly raising himself back to the appropriate level of awareness and reaching out for her. He reached the point where he expected to find her consciousness but she had never practiced Occlumency and was not prepared to receive him like Lavender had been. So he slowly made his way past her brittle barriers and into her mind.

It was so dark; he couldn't find anything that resembled the usual mindscape. Her mind seemed to be organized but it was an illusion, he could feel her confusion but she had no current memories rushing through her head so it appeared to be calm. He continued in the direction that pulled him and it began to get a bit lighter, he found what he thought was her center badly damaged and her laying on a hospital bed much like the one in the waking world. He latched onto her consciousness and pulled her with him back toward his meadow, slowly at first but with increasing speed he pulled her along until they were laying in the grass under a blue sky. He stroked a hand across her cheek even as tears fell at the contact.

"Pet?"

Her eyelids fluttered slightly before opening, "My Master?"

He began crying full out once more as he heard her voice after nearly two months and pulled her into his arms where she hugged him back though the confusion still rolled off of her. "Master what is this place?"

"I don't know Pet, it is something I came up with, a way to commune with another person's mind... do you know what happened?"

She looked around and he allowed her some time to organize her thoughts. "I was hit with ze curse...sorry my English..."

"It's okay Pet, just keep talking." He could care less what she said as long as he could listen to her.

"I dreamed of you my Harry; it feels like so long ago...zis is not your fault."

He broke down again, knowing it was selfish to pour his anguish on the barely awakened girl. But she pillowed his head in her lap and stroked his hair as he cried. As he told her of his failings and how he blamed himself, finally the tears stopped and he looked up into her face. "I'm so sorry Gabby..."

"Shhh my Master, you kill ze one who does this to me correct?" He nodded, "Then I am avenged."

"It isn't enough..." He began but she shushed him once more.

"Master, I cannot talk to you, but I can hear you. I know you read me stories; I know your grief and your pain. I am trapped in my body and I am of no use to you. Zis is unacceptable."

"Unacceptable? I guess you just have to get better then." He said only barely joking.

She was quiet for a full minute before nodding, "I will just have to wake up then Master. I live to serve."

She pushed him down onto the ground and began undoing his clothing, "Wait! Gabrielle what are you doing?"

"I have wanted you for a long time Master...please let me pleasure you?" She continued to undress him even as she spoke. With a thought from him they were both naked. "Oh!" She exclaimed. "This is very much the time saver; you must learn this trick in the waking world, non?"

He nodded and rolled her over onto her back. "I love you Gabrielle, I loved you first, and I will love you always."

She smiled up at him even as she repositioned his hips with her knees before wrapping her ankles behind his back and pulling him into her. "I love you my Master, my Harry. I will love you always, I will never leave you."

He felt the magic wash through them as they were encased in a golden glow; he was confused as to how they could have made a magically binding contract but he didn't care. "I think you may have just become my wife."

"Mrs. Gabrielle Delacour-Potter-Black...Eet is a mouthful, non?"

"Non my pet, Lady Gabrielle Delacour-Potter-Black...maybe just Potter for now?"

"As you wish my husband." She said in a sultry voice.

He leaned down and kissed her as he began to move inside her, he took his time and as soon as he realized that he had control of himself in this place he followed Lavenders example. He experienced his first true multiple orgasms as they lie together, and with no need to stop do to exhaustion or friction they continued that way for so long neither knew how long they had been together. They rolled apart breathlessly once more and laid back to look up at the puffy clouds passing over head.

"This is one hell of a honeymoon." He said with a smile.

She smiled sadly at him but nodded, "It is, but I think it is time that we wake up Master."

"Hey! That's husband Mrs. Potter."

She grinned at him before attacking him once more for a quick session then stood. "Time to wake up, everything is right now that I am with you."

"Wait, you mean you are going to wake up too?" He asked with a smile.

She nodded, "I have been given my order from Master, I am to wake up, and I am never to leave you. I am ready."

He grinned as he stood and hugged her to him; he pushed them back to her mindscape and waited with her as she woke up before pulling back to his own mind and coming back to consciousness. He opened his eyes to find a very worried looking Hermione and Ginny looking down on him once again. "MADAME POMFREY!" Ginny screamed.

The woman came running and casting her charms once more. "Harry, what have you done this time? We came in here three days ago to find you unconscious at the foot of Miss Delacour's bed."

He grinned at all of them as she slowly sat up. "Mrs. Potter you mean."

Both girls gasped but Poppy began casting a spell which caused both Harry and Gabrielle to glow with a golden light, interestingly Mione and Gin both glowed a light yellow. "What does that mean?" Ginny asked cautiously.

"I do not know how you managed it Harry, but it appears you are correct. According to your magic at least, you and Mrs. Potter are married now. I swear you seem to break all the rules..."

Hermione pulled him into a hug even as the tears began to fall. "I'm so happy for you but how?"

He hugged her back for a moment before making his way to Gabrielle's bed. "She should be waking up any moment."

Indeed her eyelids fluttered and she smiled up at them weakly, "Hello Mine, Ginevra...husband."

He couldn't help but grin at her even as he kissed her, Poppy was waving her wand once again but her face did not look promising. "I don't understand..." She muttered.

"What day is today?" Gabrielle asked quietly.

"Halloween, the feast should be starting in an hour or so. Will she be able to go..." Hermione turned as she asked the question but the healer did not look happy.

"I simply do not understand how..."

Harry was suddenly alarmed. "What is it?"

"Nothing has changed... there is no reason she should be awake..."

Gabrielle smiled as she pulled Harry to sit down on the bed beside her and wrapped her arms around him. "I am following orders...my Master asks me to wake up so I do."

The blond threw a look at the Matron begging her not to continue, and Pomfrey turned away. "Yes, I believe she can go to the feast with you Harry, but you should make it quick and get her into bed soon after."

He grinned at the group as he hugged her close. "I don't think that will be a problem, we have some time to make up for."

Pomfrey nodded without turning around and walked into her office, Harry helped Gabrielle out of bed and left the girls to help her get dressed as he did the same. Apparently they had put him into a hospital gown when he wouldn't wake up. When the curtains were pulled back Gabrielle looked as though she had never been in a coma. "Can we skip the feast my husband? I wish to finish our honeymoon."

He just grinned and nodded and the three of them helped her up the stairs to his room. He went to place her on the couch but she shook her head with a smile that would make other men melt and walked into his room. "I am still weak...but I wish to..."

Hermione placed a finger against the girl's lips and smiled at her. "We will make you the center of attention."

Ginny nodded, "This is your honeymoon, your evening. You get to be our plaything tonight."

Gabrielle grinned at her three lovers and held her hands out to the sides. "Master says he has learned a new trick?"

He smiled and waved his hands vanishing and reappearing all of their clothing on the dresser. The cold air hit the girls causing all of their nipples to go instantly erect. "Wow, it is a nice trick! Now come to me..."

The girls lay her back on his bed before they began kissing her neck and making their way down her body, each took a nipple in their mouths and Gabrielle bunched their hair in each hand as she moaned aloud.

Harry went to his knees and began worshipping at her alter; he brought her to orgasm quickly before backing off and just pleasuring her softly. Enjoying the taste of her on his lips once again. "Master please? I want you inside me."

He was happy to oblige and made his way up onto the bed to kneel between her legs. Mione and Gin moved off to one side and began having fun by themselves as Harry lowered his hips and slipped inside her. He caught them staring at him as he moved back and forth and the girl moaned and screamed beneath him and they grinned back at him enjoying the show almost as much as he was enjoying the performance. However this was not the dream world, and despite Gabrielle's impressive muscle control she had not studied or practiced Tantra as Luna had. Harry had no choice as his body gave out and he spilled inside her collapsing almost immediately on top of her.

Gabrielle was still panting and singing their praises in French but he heard a polite cough from the side and looked up to see Ginny and Hermione waiting patiently to clean up his mess. He grinned and rolled to the side laying his head on a pillow and running his free hand in circles over her taught stomach and breasts. Ginny and Hermione kneeled at the same time and took turns cleaning the girls abused sex. She came three more times before the three of them curled up with her in Harry's king sized bed, it was a tight fit but they were all comfortable.

They lay together just enjoying the closeness, Harry would on a whim, find and play with one of them at random and bring them to orgasm just to enjoy the sight and sound of them enjoying themselves, but it usually ended up being Gabrielle who was basking in the attention. As midnight neared Gabrielle turned to him, "I love you husband, my Master, my Harry."

He smiled back at her thinking that this had to be the happiest night of his life, "I love you wife, my Pet, my Gabrielle."

She did not smile in return, tears began to run down her cheeks as she looked into his eyes and he was suddenly very scared. "I will always be with you."

He sat up suddenly. "What are you talking about? Of course we will be together, you're better now and I am not letting you go back to Beauxbatons no matter what Dumbledore says."

Hermione got up and moved around to his other side as Ginny sat up and helped Gabrielle into a similar position, the brunette wrapped her arms around his shoulders and he saw that both she and Ginny were crying as well. "What's going on?" He asked with his voice shaking in fear.

"I...I came back to you, like you asked...but I can feel it Harry. I am not long for this world..."

"No!" He shouted at her.

"Master please I..."

"NO! I just got you back, you promised you wouldn't leave me as well, or did you forget that part of your vows?"

She shook her head. "I do not forget what I said Harry. My soul is bound to yours."

He got up quickly and got dressed tossing her one of Ginny's night gowns. "We're going back to the hospital wing."

Gabrielle simply nodded as she stood and got dressed, Hermione tried to join the conversation. "Harry we shouldn't spend the last time in the hospital wing..."

"No! We are going to fix this; Poppy wouldn't have let her leave if she knew she was going to die!"

"Harry please?" Ginny asked as she got dressed as well, Hermione followed suit knowing from his tone that there would be no arguing. Once they were dressed Harry scooped the girl back into his arms and carried her all the way back downstairs and lay her in one of the hospital beds, Poppy came out of her office immediately telling him that she had not been to sleep.

"Harry, why are you back?"

"Fix this Poppy; you said she was okay to leave." He noticed the tear tracks on her cheeks and suddenly lost his resolve. "You knew?"

She did not cry in front of him but simply nodded, he turned on the other two. "You all knew?"

Gabrielle wrapped her hand around his wrist and tugged slightly to get his attention. "I did not wish to spend my last night here. I asked Mine and Ginevra not to say anything; I just wished to be with you..."

Poppy began casting her diagnostics but he knew what they would tell her. She had to explain if only to keep herself from crying. "It appears that her magic has allowed her to come back to you for one more evening Harry...I should have told you but she didn't want me to. My oath..."

He sighed as he looked up, "Thank you Poppy." He said with no emotion in his voice before turning back to the girl in his arms.

"You have a few more minutes... I'll be in my office."

"How can you say we will be together always..."

She placed her hand on his chest and grasped his placing it on her breast. "We are bound in this life and ze next my Harry. I love you..." She began coughing and his resolve finally broke completely as he began sobbing. She pulled him down onto the bed with her and let him cry into her shoulder. "I am yours forever Harry...when I am gone..." Her breath caught and his sobs became deeper, gut wrenching as if his toes were trying to express their sorrow through his mouth.

"You can't leave me..."

"When I am gone, I want you to wear my necklace..." He nodded without saying another word and simply pulled her against him. It was not right that she should be holding him in her time of need. He sat up and pulled her into his lap, hugging her against his chest.

"What can I do?" He asked in defeat.

"Live my husband; make your foes fear to speak your name just as others fear to speak his. Be the man I love...and love well and often..." Her voice was getting quieter as she struggled for each breath.

He began weeping into her hair, rocked by unheard sobs as he tried to contain his emotions. The other two were not trying to hold back their misery however and even the portraits that were visible felt his pain and were weeping. "I love you... always." She whispered.

"I love you Gabrielle Delacour Potter..." He whispered back. Just as the clock in Madame Pomfrey's office chimed the first stroke of midnight he felt her go limp in his arms, and by the last chime she had breathed her last. He screamed his fury and his sadness as loud as he could, the rest of the furniture in the room was vibrating violently as for one second his magic completely slipped from his control and tore through the school. In the towers and dungeons the students awoke and wept at the sudden sadness that overwhelmed them, the prefects and professors on patrol were suddenly sent to their knees as they sobbed uncontrollably for Harry's loss, not knowing why. In the Headmasters Chambers Dumbledore felt the sadness wash through him and knew even as the tears hit his cheeks what had happened.

Fawkes appeared above Harry in a flash of fire but the song he sang was not one of beauty and joy, but a funeral dirge so beautiful that even the sorrow felt good. It slowly changed to a song of acceptance which helped to dry his tears and alleviate some of his guilt. He lay the girl down on the bed and gazed upon her beauty one last time taking it all in, and when the song failed to keep his emotions at bay he simply shut down that part of himself which loved Gabrielle, it was too painful. He continued to cry due to the residual emotions already running through his body, and he was sad to see such a beautiful creature gone from the world, but he was back in control of himself once again.

He stood and leaned over her to kiss her still warm lips one last time before turning and walking away. "Harry where are you going?" Hermione asked.

"I need to tell her family...I expect we will have a funeral tomorrow morning."

Ginny looked up at him a bit confused, "But Harry..."

He shook his head. "I am sad that she was taken from us, I am sad that she had such a short life, I am not sad that she has gone on however. You should have seen what the inside of her mind looked like laying here...she was lost until I went and got her. It's better this way..." He remembered her request and walked back to her body, he reached down and unclasped the suddenly disenchanted chain and quickly transfigured it into a longer one before putting it over his head and tucking it down his shirt.

"You should go to bed...mourning over her body won't do her any good now..." That said he walked out of the room leaving behind two astonished young women who were still weeping for their lost friend and lover.








A/N:
I'm so so so sorry, I know some of you are thinking of leaving right now and never coming back, please at least read the next chapter to see if there is any reason to stick around.

Most of you saw it coming, I wanted to save her but some things just have to happen. I hope it was done well enough to keep even those who hate me interested in the story.

If it helps any I was bawling as I wrote it, I love my Gabrielle and I will have to write her own little story to make up for this.

As always R/R and feel free to FLAME ON! just don't stop reading :(

If you haven't yet, come join the list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gml_fanfic/ for alerts and lively conversation. if you have any other groups that are discussing this fic you can post them in the links section of that site.

~Russ
Sign up to rate and review this story