Categories > Anime/Manga > Tsubasa/xxxHolic > By Starlight

Pride and Punishment

by HairSeed

Kurogane defends Fai from Surrulin, and is punished by his alter ego.

Category: Tsubasa/xxxHolic - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Sci-fi - Characters: Fye,Kurogane - Warnings: [!] [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2009-07-28 - Updated: 2009-07-28 - 3000 words

?Blocked
"Wh-what the hell?!" Kurogane pushed Fai aside and pressed up against the glass for a better look at the incredible sight, but there was nothing to see but hard points of light; no trees, no ground, no clouds, even, to obscure the view. The stars didn't even twinkle! How was this even possible?

"Kuropuu, even if we did get away from this person, what then? Do we jump?"

"Don't call me stupid names!" he snapped, glaring at him. The slender man's smile looked slightly bitter about the situation. He did have a point, too. Damn it... What were they going to do? And the wizard kept looking at him like he expected him to come up with an idea. Damn it, damn it, damnit!!! He sighed, leaning his forhead against the window. After awhile, he strode away from the window and sat cross-legged on the floor with his back to it. "...Our only choice is to go along with what he says, for now," he finally told him reluctantly. He tugged lightly at the collar around his neck, wincing at the small jolt. "Fucking collars won't let us do much else."

"That seems to be the best plan for the moment," the slender man agreed softly. He looked over his shoulder at him; the other was staring out at the stars, fingers laced behind his head. He couldn't see his expression. Was the idiot still smiling, now? He found himself suddenly conficted about what he wanted the answer to be. The other was still speaking, and he wrenched his attention back to his words. It was more difficult than it should have been.

"...doesn't seem intent on doing us permanent harm, after all. What do you think, Kurochan?" The blond turned his head to look at the swordsman; smiling, but the expression didn't reach his eyes. Kurogane grunted, since he hadn't been paying much attention to the first part.

He rose to his feet abruptly, unable to take that look much longer. A short trip to the kitchen, and he immediately began opening cabinets and drawers, snatching out anything that looked edible. Neither of them had eaten for awhile. He smirked to himself; that man had said they could make themselves at home.

"Hey, wizard, come over here," he ordered.

When their captor returned some twenty minutes later, almost all of the purloined fare had been eaten. The look in his green eyes was unreadable for a moment, then he sighed, seeming to dismiss the fact he was already being eaten out of house and home.

"I realize I haven't introduced myself to you, yet. I'm Surrulin. What are your names?"

"Kurogane," he replied immediately with a glare cast at Fai; no telling what he would have called him if he'd stayed quiet. Memories of being referred to 'Big Dog' still rankled. The blond merely gave a small smile as he answered, eyes dancing at the scowl. Damn annoying wizard. Why did it always feel like he was reading his mind?

"Fai D Fluorite. I apologize for this," his companion answered, gesture taking in the remnants of the food around them, "but we haven't eaten in awhile."

He looked up at the newly-identified Surrulin when the furball didn't answer right away. The creature wore a blank expression, but his features twitched like he was holding on a conversation with someone neither of them could see. He felt his hackles rise; why did he have to be crazy, too? This didn't bode well for them. He came back to reality as he watched, and strolled over to Fai, pulling him up to feet in an easy-looking motion. His eyes narrowed.

"Come with me, pretty one," he bade him, all the while tugging him towards the bedroom, "We have some things to... do."

What the fuck?! He leaped to his feet; no way in hell was he going to let-- and he promptly fell flat on the floor as another agonizing jolt ran through his body, much worse than before. It was enough to make him black out for a few seconds, because Surrulin and Fai were nowhere to be seen. He struggled to get to his hands and knees, but the collar shocked him each time he tried to move. He could hear speaking from the other room. Fai and Surrulin. The wizard didn't sound very pleased, and the cat creature much too much so.

"Ah, Surrulin, I think I would much prefer to keep my clothes on and intact."

"Yes, of course you would, but this is for the sake of knowledge. Wonderful... your body structure looks very similar to ours." then, after a horrifying little pause, "It reacts the same as well~"

Dirty bastard, goddamn dirty bastard!! The rage fueled by the overheard dialogue and other... sounds... gave him more than enough incentive to fight through the debilitating punishment of the thrice-damned device around his neck. He pulled himself up the rest of the way to his feet by aid of the counter and grabbed a knife. It would do in a pinch. He edged slowly towards the bedroom, careful to be quiet. The pain was growing easier to ignore as he got used to it. A second later and Kurogane could see the pair of them. He immediately wished he didn't.

Fai was completely naked, bound to the bedposts by thick chains at wrists and ankles. The perverted asshole had his head between the hapless blond's legs, licking his way towards his partial erection. The wizard was doing his level best to distract him from his destination.

"Why are you doing this? Why keep us here?"

"Because you're humans, of course!" he replied, lips and tongue creeping ever closer to Fai's arousal. "There's no where else you can go, anyway. Now, hush. I can't have you speaking while I'm performing my... experiments." He nuzzled Fai's erection with his lips, and the sight jerked Kurogane back to reality. The swordsman was ashamed that he'd been frozen in shock, even for a few seconds. He gritted his teeth and threw the knife. Surrulin let out a cry of pain and fell away from the bed, grasping at his arm. Not very deep (he couldn't risk losing strength by killing him; he needed all of it to get them out of here), but deep enough to spoil the cat's fun.

"Wh-wh... what..." Those shocked green eyes met his through the doorway. "But... but how..."

It would have been nice if that could have been the end of it, but of course it wasn't. That would be too fucking easy. A shadow passed over their captor's face, and it was suddenly a different person crouched at the foot of the bed. Crimson eyes met his own coldly. The body was the same, but everything else, from the expression to the way he held himself announced that he was no longer the soft person there a second ago. A single motion jerked the blade from his arm as he stood, eyes never leaving his.

"You should have killed me when you had the chance, human." The voice was filled with hatred. He gestured, and Kurogane felt a very different pulse from the collar; not pain, but it sent him falling bonelessly to the floor. What the hell was going on now?! As he toppled, Fai cried out and jerked at the chains. It caught the attention of this version of Surrulin, who gave him a withering glare over his shoulder, as well as a shock painful enough to make the wizard writhe. There was nothing like lust in the feline's eyes, anymore. It was clear that if he got his way, they would both be dead right now.

"Bastard," Kurogane snarled from the floor, keeping his own glaring, red eyes on Surrulin. "If it weren't for this fucking collar you rely on, our positions would be..." he struggled to get up, but his body was only dead weight. "You'd be on the floor instead." The change in Surrulin was surprising, but at this point Kurogane was mostly concerned with drawing the ass's attention toward him instead of Fai. Goddamn that idiot, always playing the damsel in distress, always making him... worry.

It worked well enough, because his companion slumped down, gasping for breath, but otherwise unhurt.

"Hmph. I'm surprised you can still talk. But then, humans are built differently," their tormentor mused aloud, like he wasn't bothered by the threat at all, even as blood dripped down his arm. He twirled the knife he'd been injured with as he spoke. "My brother has taken an interest in your friend over there, Kurogane." He tapped his head, confirming that his assumptions had been correct. Damn split personalities... The newer Surrulin strode over to him and crouched down. He removed the swordsman's head protector, and started to unclasp his cloak. He shook his head with a sigh. "I don't understand it, but his tastes were always a little... odd." He stood with it and tossed the garment over Fai, covering him completely. Afterwards, he was beside him again and removing his shirt, blood dripping onto the other as he moved.

"You're as perverted as your friggin brother," snapped Kurogane, watching warily as his clothes were slowly disappearing from his body, all sorts of lewd, painful images flashing through his mind. "Once I can move again, I'm going to find you and pound you to a pulp, and it ain't gonna feel nice." He didn't want to admit this to himself, but the situation he was in was making him more and more anxious. He could tolerate pain, could tolerate verbal and emotional threats, could even tolerate bondage--because he knew that somehow, he would overcome whatever bastard had put him in that position. But this? His body wasn't even restrained--it just wasn't working. And instead of hurting him, the evil, perverted furball was just taking off his clothes. He had never felt so helpless before!

"What the hell do you want from me, furbrain?" he growled, voicing his thoughts. It was all he could do, anyway, and it made him feel slightly better. The answer didn't.

"Mmm. Your obedience and respect, eventually. But for now, your humiliation will do. Pain doesn't seem to bother you much, so we'll try a different sort of punishment, hm?" Despite his almost tranquil tone, his bright eyes were afire. The shoes went next, and then he was slowly undoing his pants. "You will be punished for hurting my brother, and for inconveniencing me." Off with the pants, then the undergarments, and Kurogane was flipped unceremoniously back onto his stomach, most of the room now out of his range of vision. The man must have taken off his shirt, because something cloth and the same color dropped over his head, obscuring what little he could see. There was nothing he could even say now that might lighten the situation--in his current position, he wanted to keep whatever dignity he had left. Humiliation... it didn't take a genius to guess what was on the psycho's mind. A few minutes of a whole lot of nothing passed; the jerk must have gone to tend his shoulder at last. Of course, that gave dread plenty of time to do its own work.

"Are you still alive, Kuropon?"

He was jolted out of very, very dark thoughts when he heard Fai's voice. An unexpected flood of relief washed through him. At least the damn idiot was okay.

"Don't call me that," he grumbled, but his heart wasn't really into it.

It wasn't long before the creature was back at his side. He chained his forearms together parallel with his waist behind his back, wrists to elbows. Still not speaking, yet, he tore a scrap of the ruined shirt and blindfolded him with it. Goddammit! He had a feeling that something like this would happen, but he would've liked some type of warning. Now, with his body immobile, his shoulders burning from his restrained arms, blindfolded... and that asshole now spreading his immobile legs, Kurogane was truly beginning to feel like the situation was completely out of his control. At least he could still speak. It was a desperate grasp at retaining what pride he had left, but he took it anyway.

"Get the fuck off me, you perver--" he began, but he was cut short as he felt fingertips rubbing some sort of ointment on his thighs and the sensitive underside of his balls.

"Get your fucking hands off me!" he practically roared, his rage mounting to new heights. There was a tingling starting between his legs on the spots that the bastard had touched, and his cock, the traitor, began stirring to life.

"What the fuck did you do to me?!" he demanded, gritting his teeth as his arousal quickly increased quite against his will. This was not good. Not good at all.

The bastard only laughed at him, then jerked him up to his knees by his hair. Kurogane heard something click against his collar, then he was shoved him up the rest of the way to his feet by his forearms. The pulse, or whatever, from the collar had been reduced enough to enable him to stagger.

"Walk," he was ordered, and given a sharp shove.

The man wavered on his feet, staggering forward from the push in order to keep from falling--realizing, all too late, that the hairball had led him outside the living quarters and into... into fucking public!!! That bastard, so this is what he had been planning! He was finally able to move, somewhat, but he was also blindfolded, naked, sporting a full-on erection that bobbed tauntingly with every unsteady step, and last but not least, cat-people could see it all. He stood absolutely still, refusing to budge. He didn't care if he got pushed on his face or electrocuted to death.

Surrulin gave him another sharp shove, and he was forced forward another pace. He clearly would shove him every pace of the way, if he had to. If he got to was probably more accurate.

"Now, now, Kurogane," the asshole purred at him, "don't be a shy boy."

He kept the shoves up until they started to near the main market square. Anyone who showed the slightest bit of curiosity, he beckoned over, inviting inspection, questions, and even touching for the bravest. Once the crowd somewhat cleared, Kurogane was shaking with suppressed rage and shame. He had forced himself to stand straight during the entire ordeal, in order to keep some semblance of pride. And for a while, this confident posture and his threatening, harsh words seemed to keep most at bay--until the bastard began reassuring people that he could do no harm. And then even his angry growls fell on heedless ears. Eventually, he was jerked down to what he calculated to be the jerk's level, and that voice he had grown to despise whispered in his ear.

"This is what happens when you misbehave," he breathed into his ear. He shuddered dispite himself.

"Have you had enough yet, you sadistic bastard?" he said, cursing himself for his weakened voice and the flush that was creeping across his cheeks. Goddammit...

"Mmm, the question is, have you had enough, my pet? You're going to have to stay out here until you say you've had enough." He let go of the man's hair so he could stand up straight again. "I've got plenty of lotion left," he added tauntingly as he traced a finger along his spine. Kurogane gritted his teeth and jerked away from both the taunt and the touch. Fucking bastard. He'd had enough with this whole goddamn world and every last one of these cat-people, especially the ones who had been gawking at him for at least a half an hour. They were fucking lucky he couldn't see their faces. He'd almost like to stay out and have that shit slathered across his balls again rather than submit to the asshole's humiliation--then he remembered that Fai was still in that room, alone, chained to that bed. His natural response was 'so what'; it wasn't like he was being hurt anymore... but there was another response, memory of that smiling face flashing through his mind. Friggin' idiot... He couldn't leave him like that, if there was a choice.

"...I've had enough," he told Surrulin quietly. He could feel a piece of his pride crumbling away as he spoke the words.

"Good boy," the feline nettled him. Something tugged at his collar and he was pulled towards Surrulin. He assumed, then, that whatever had clinked against it earlier in the room had been a leash.... gods... As though this hadn't been embarrassing enough! "Try not to fall, pet, or you'll be dragged all the way back!" Fucker.

It was a long and humbling walk back to the cat's place, but at least the damn lotion had worn off. The felyre untied him and removed blindfold once they had returned inside, apparently not noticing the nearly stifling heat. Kurogane was already starting to sweat.

"Go get dressed," the hated creature ordered him, then slapped his bare ass with an embarrassingly loud noise. He was certain the other could hear his teeth grind.

"Bastard," he growled, walking to his pile of clothing with a stinging ass. He thought of all the pain he would inflict on the furball once his strength returned and the collars were off, which comforted him, somewhat. It was still hard to move, but with his renewed vision and his arms untied, he could manage. He dressed quickly, and then made his way to the room with Fai. Standing by the edge of the bed, Kurogane pushed his cloak away from the blond's face. His scowl deepened at the sight of the flushed face.

"What's wrong with you?" He was already beginning to form a good idea, and the possibility enraged him. The blue eyes fluttered open and stared blankly up at him, uncomprehending.
Sign up to rate and review this story