Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Touched by Angels (Though I Fall Out Of Grace) Frikey One-shot.

by ElaLovesYou

Mikey has looked after Frank for a while now and vice versa. What happens if Mikey decides he likes Frank?..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-11 - Updated: 2009-09-12 - 1471 words - Complete

?Blocked
Mikey Way opened his eyes to the glare of the morning sunlight. He squinted slightly as he looked around him. His box room was covered in posters and clothes only worn once. Mikey smiled peacefully as he sought out his favourite black band-t and skinny jeans.
He paused just before the door and stroked his unicorn figurine. "Yet another day huh?"
Mikey strolled down the stairs, taking his time, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and yawning loudly. He entered the tiny kitchen and began boiling the kettle for coffee. He turned around, sighing and leant on the counter.
"Morning Mikey." said a voice from the lounge.
"Frank? What are you doing up?" Mikey asked, walking around the corner to investigate. Frank was lying on the couch, a pillow under his head and a blanket over his bottom half. He was grimacing at Mikey and yawning. He turned over a little, exposing his back, and stretched, his muscles rippling under his body art.
Mikey averted his eyes a little then gave in, staring at Franks beautiful tatoos.
"Hey Frank?"
"Hmm?"
"Since when has 'revenge' been crossed out in red?"
Frank frowned, "...since never..." Mikey leaned in, looking a little closer, he shivered as he saw the long wavering cut, slicing across Frank's skin.
"Frankie! How did this happen? It's a cut and your bleeding!"
Frank looked unconcerned, twisting around, trying to get a good look, but all this movement split his scabs again and beads of scarlet began welling up among the brown.
"Frank. Stop moving!"
Frank looked astonished. Since when had Mikey told him what to do?! He was so shocked that he stopped moving and hadn't tried to shift again until Mikey was back from the medicine cupboard.
"Now hold still!" Mikey said, cleaning the cut lightly and dressing it.
Frank lay still for Mikey, humouring him, and was genuinely surprised at the gentle, caring actions he performed.
"Thanks Mikey." Frank said quietly, love tainting his voice. Mikey smiled down at Frank, "I'll bring you breakfast. How does that sound?" Frank grinned up at Mikey like a 5 year old in a candy store.
Mikey permitted himself a small smile as he turned and wandered back into the kitchen.
"Mikey! Be careful!" came the worrried call.
Mikey rolled his eyes. He was used to this. So what if he had blown up a few toasters (by sticking forks in them...), 2 microwaves (10 minutes instead of 10 seconds...), an oven (heating up several cans of baked beans, unopened in their cans...), and a heater or two (took them in the shower with him...).
He had learnt and he wouldn't do it ever again. Shaking his head he fixed eggs on toast and coffee. Just as he was serving it up onto two plates to take in to the living room, Frank wandered in.
"Frankie! Your supposed to stay put while I make you breakfast!"
Frank grinned sheepishly, "I was hungry..."
"Well go lay back down, I'll be five minutes."
Frank turned obediently and walked relatively calmly back over to the couch, lay down and flicked on the TV.
The news popped onto the screen. The reporter was halfway through a report on a double-murder that had happened the previous week.
"...police are still on the trail of the elusive killer and- Hey! You there! Get out of here! This is a closed investigation!"
Frank snapped to attention and stared, disbelieving, at the TV.
"Mikey! What the HECK is your brother doing?!" Mikey dashed into the room and glared at the TV.
"Mr. Gerard Way. You are not welcome on this site and-"
"But I really don't care. Ray chucked my eyeliner over here so I have the right to come and get it!" Gerard yelled at the cameras as he was dragged away.
There was silence in the living room for a while. Noone moved. Mikey was frozen in shock at the venom in Gerard's voice. Frank was watching Mikey.
"Are you ok Mikey?"
Mikey shook his head as if trying to get rid of a bothersome fly. "Yea," he said quietly. Clearing his throat he repeated "Yea, I'm fine. Here's your breakfast Frankie."
"Thanks."
Mikey paused when his hand brushed Frank's and blushed. He took a deep breath then sat down on the couch beside Frank.
Frank, almost uncontiously, scooted closer to Mikey and draped his blanket over the both of them.
They ate in silence not really paying attention to the TV but more aware of each other and not trying to show it.
Mikey put his plate on the ground beside him and when Frank was done, put his plate down too.
Frank yawned and his eyelids drooped.
"Sleep Frankie." Mikey said, pulling Frank's head down to rest on a pillow in his lap. "I'll be watching."
Frank smiled and allowed himself to lie down and relax. Mikey thought he was asleep but just as he relaxed Frank's hand caught one of his. Frank pulled Mikey's palm to his face and gently began stroking it up and down his cheek.
When Mikey recovered from the shock he began stroking Frank's cheek, brushing the hair out of his face and running his fingertips lightly down Frank's neck.
Frank smiled slightly in his sleep and finally dropped off.
Mikey smiled down at him. "There you are. Relax and be mine forever."
Mikey knew he could not hear him but he was content with this closeness. "I love you Frankie."
"I love you too Mikey." said Frank with a sleepy smile.
"I thought you were asleep..." Mikey said, hiis face colouring up as he thought over what Frank had heard.
Frank turned in his lap and stared up at him with his watery hazel eyes.
"Frankie. Your crying! Why are you sad? I'm sorry! I-"
"Mikey weren't you listening? I said I love you too. I'm just so happy I can barely ," swallows "speak!"
"Oh Frankie." Mikey said, stroking away the tears and staring tenderly into Frank's eyes.
Frank hesitantly reached up and pulled Mikey's face to his.
The kiss was brief and very sweet.
"Be with me forever?" Frank asked.
"Yes. Forever more!"
Months passed. They were accepted by all but one. Gerard was furious. He never showed it, though Frank saw through every pretence.
Mikey was blissfully happy. They were in love and nothing could ever come between them. Or so they thought.
It was Frank and Mikey's routine to go out every friday for a drink. They wouldn't stay out long, just so that they could have a reasonably good time together with friends. They usually came home about 11ish.
But Mikey got sick one Wednesday. Food poisoning.
By friday he was recovering but not well enough to leave his bed/the couch.
"Just go Frankie!!! I'll be fine. I know you want to go out and see the others so just go!"
"If your sure..." Mikey sighed.
"YES Frankie! Go enjoy yourself!"
"Ok. I'll be home around 10. I promise."
"See ya Frankie!"
Frank bent down and kissed Mikey's sweaty forehead. "Get better."
Then he left.
Mikey relaxed back down on his pillows and fell asleep.
10:09
Mikey woke up feeling better so he went for a walk through the house. "Frankie?"
'Maybe he's not home yet? Traffic?'
But Mikey couln't shake the feeling that something had gone wrong. He told himself he was being silly but, nevertheless, he sat down at the kitchen table to wait.
10:30
Mikey jerked up his head and stared disbelieving at the clock. He refused to believe it.
He ran to the phone and dialled.
"Hello?" said a tired voice.
"Gee!" Mikey practically screamed.
"Mikey! What's up? Why are you calling so late? Are you ok?" Gerard sounded really anxious.
"Gee! Frankie hasn't come home yet and he said he would be back at 10 and it's 10 thirty and-" Mikey started crying into the phone.
"Mikey calm down. Sit down and listen closely."
"Ok," Mikey said, sitting down on the couch. "Go."
"Are you sitting down?"
"Yes."
"Alright," Gerard took a deep breath. "Frank left the bar at 9:30. He wanted to be home early for you. He said he'd call when he got home." Gerard took another breath. "Obviously he hasn't called but we assumed he got home ok." Gerard seemed to talk to himself a moment, 'We're so stupid! Why did we just leave him?"
"Leave him?" Mikey's voice cracked high.
"His car was still in the carpark when we came out. He was sitting in the drivers seat but he didn't wave when we did. He was just staring. Not moving. Oh SHIT!!!"
Gerard stared into space in shock. Then he heard some perculiar noises on the other end of the phone. "Mikey?"
"I'm sorry Gee. I love you."
There was a bang followed by a dull thud.
Then the phone went dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story