Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Truth or Dare

Truth or Dare

by bulldogjester

Hermione comes up with an idea to help Harry, Luna and herself get past their personal demons. What will happen when more then the troubles come into the open? Harry/Hermione/Luna. M rated for safe...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Luna - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-02-16 - Updated: 2010-02-18 - 1895 words

?Blocked
I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. My initials are not JKR, and I am not rich.

My first fanfiction story ever. Actually first story ever written not being turned in for a grade in school.

Story takes place after the 7th book, ignores the epolouge. The trio goes back to Hogwarts to retake their 7th year. Hermione comes up with an idea to move past the dark times they have faced. Hermione, Luna and Harry only in the story. Rated M for safety right now. Might earn that M rating in later chapters, if you all want.



Truth or Dare


Hogwarts castle

Why does this seem like the hardest choice of my life? After everything I have been though. All the horrors I have seen. The torture my body and mind has been subjected to. Hell, I have been so close to death more times then I can remember. But this decision seems harder then anything I have had to decide on before. Fine, I will just go with my courage. It hasn't failed me yet.

"Dare."


Earlier that day.

"Harry, wait up." I wonder what Hermione wants. With NEWT's two weeks away, I didn't think she would leave the library at all. It must be something important.

"Hey Hermione. What's up?" She stops right in front of me. She looks really nervous. But something is different. This is her 'I am not ready for the test' she usually has at the end of the year. She keeps looking down at her hands. Something is wrong. I have never seen her act like this before.

"Hermione, what's wrong? Are you feeling ok? Maybe we should have Madam Pomfrey check to make sure you are all right."

"NO!!!...No, I'm all right. I just have a lot on my mind." Something strange is going on. She looked terrified when I brought up Pomfrey. She looks really flushed. But if she says she's fine. I will take her word for it. She has never lied to me before.

"All right then. I believe you. What did you want to talk about?"

"Well I...." She was cut off by three 2nd year Hufflepuffs walking by staring at us. Their excited whispers still echo in the hallways of Hogwarts. After all these years, and finally defeating Voldermort, they still need to stare and point about the Boy-Who-Lived, now the Boy-Who-Won. What is it about people hyphenating nicknames.

"Ummmmm, well Harry, I was wondering if you can help me study tonight? If your not busy that is." Is that it? Why would she be so nervous about asking for help studying?

"Sure Hermione. But I am not sure how much I will be able to help YOU study. Did you want to meet in the library?"

"Actually I was thinking about the Room of Requirement. Its quieter then the library right now. Plus it will be more relaxing in there as well." Never could argue her logic.

"Sure. I will meet you there about eight, right after dinner." I made sure not to bring up Ron, knowing how that would turn out.

"Alright, eight it is. Thanks Harry, will see you then." She doesn't wait for a reply before rushing off to her next class.

She has been acting really strange the last couple days. I hope she has finally gotten over that brief relationship with Ron. I know I pushed it more then anyone. But even I noticed that it wasn't going to work out. They act more like brother and sister then boyfriend and girlfriend. I am glad they can at least talk to each other, as long as it's not about Quidditch or studying. I know I am still getting over Ginny. After Voldermort was finally gone, we realized that we are better as friends. I still love her, but now I know that is was not being in love. Oh well, I need to go to the library to study. Still have NEWT's coming up.


Room of Requirement: later that night

I wonder where Hermione is? She never runs late. Even when she had all those classes 3rd year.

"Harry, sorry I'm late." Here she is, out of breathe. Did she run all the way up here? "I just had a couple things to grab and a couple people to talk to. Actually..."

"Hello Harry, Hermione"

"Hi Luna, are you here to study too?"

"I didn't know anything about studying? Hermione asked me to stop by. If I knew we would have been studying, I would of brought my books." Luna looks as confused as I am now. Why would Hermione ask both of us to be here at the same time, but tell us different things.

"Let's go inside and I will explain." Hermione open the door and hurries inside. Now something is definitely going on. I have never seen her like this. I let Luna through first, then follow her.

Hermione casts a locking spell on the door. She then quickly moves and sits in the chair that just appeared in the room. Now I am getting nervous. No one can get in the room unless they know who is in here and what is going on. Why the locking spell?

"Hey, whats going on? What are you not telling us."

"I am as confused as Harry. Is your brain infested with wracksputs?" Leave it to Luna. Only she would ask something like that. But right now, it might be the best answer.

"No, I'm ok. Please sit and I will explain." There is a couch that just appeared across from the chair Hermione is sitting in. Luna sits first, and Harry sits next to her, seeing as how another chair doesn't appear for him.

Hermione looks really flushed. I know that look. She has that when she is trying to figure out a really tough logic problem. I wonder what is so important. Well I guess she will tell us soon.

"First thank you both for being here. Now please just let me say this before I lose my nerve." I see Luna nod, and I mimic her. "All right. Well I have been thinking a lot about this the last couple weeks. I am sure you both noticed me acting distracted. Well I know personally I have still being dealing with personal demons. I know you both have as well. Harry, with you finally being able to live your life and trying to fgure out where to go from here. And Luna, with your dad and everything you went through when you were prisoner at the Malfoy's." Luna looks down and loses that spark in her eyes. I know it's because of losing her dad to the Death Eaters. She's now an orphan, just like me.

"Hermione, what...."

"Harry please. I know it hurts, but we need to face this. And again, let me finish." I look at Luna again. She is trying push the memories of her dad out of her mind. I look back at my best friend and nod.

"Now, I think it would be best if we get everything out into the open, at least between us. I know I have not been able to focus lately thinking about everything. Between my parents being upset at me, and losing our friends in the war. What I propose is this." Hermione walks over to her bag. What! Why does she have firewhisky?

"Now I KNOW the wracksputs have got to you. Or maybe it's the hummdiggers? Head girl Hermione sneaking firewhisky into Hogwarts."

"I know, but I think tonight will be easier with this." Hermione grabs a cup from her bag and pours herself a drink. She downs the glass. Some steam comes out of her ears. "Now my idea. I say we play truth or dare."

"Are you sure Hermione? I mean, I trust you, you too Luna. But us three playing truth or dare while drinking? How is this meant to help?"

"I know Harry, it doesn't sound like me. But here is what I am thinking. We need to get past all of these tragidies that we have lived through. I know I always keeps my thoughts and fears hidden behind my studies. Luna, you are very good about hidding yourself behind the creatures you tell us all about. But I see how much you are hurting inside. And Harry, you have more weighing on your shoulders then any person should ever have to face. I think the bast way to let everything go is by bringing up the stuff that weigh so heavily on our minds. The alcohol is to help us get thought this and keep us from hiding in our shells again."

I have no idea what to say. Her logic makes sence, like always. But this could go way further then just releasing some stress and exercising some personal demons. I have never played truth or dare before, but have heard about it enough from Seamus and Dean. Do I want to risk my friendship with hermione and Luna if this game goes anywhere close to what happened to those two?

"I'm in." I look at Luna. Her eyes look more focused then I have ever seen her.I can see the strength coming from her. She would of done well in Gryffindor.

"Well Harry. What do you think. You don't have to do this if you don't want to." Leave it to Hermione to worry about me more then anything else.

"Why not. If you two are in, I would look like a chicken if I didn't do this. I am just scared that I will say or do something that will hurt our relationship."

"Harry, you never have to worry about that. We have been through so much in the last seven years. You will never lose me as a friend, no matter what happens."

"Same goes for me Harry. You have been the best friend I could ever ask for. I know I haven't known you as long or am as close to you as Hermione. But you are my best friend. And nothing will change that." I see the conviction in both their eyes. I know my eyes are tearing up hearing this. They are both better then I could ask for or deserve.

"All right, so how do we start? I have never played before. Only heard stories." Luna looks as confused as I feel right now. But Hermione has a slight twinkle in her eyes. Its that same twinkle Dumbledore had in his eyes. But on Hermione, it looks sexy. Sexy? Where did that come from.

"Here. Start out by having at least one drink. This will help." I see Luna downs here drink. The redness on her cheeks and the steam coming out of her ears highlights her blonde hair. She looks very beautiful with the little beads of sweat on her forehead. Again, where did that come from? I can't even blame the firewhisky yet.

"Here goes nothing." I down my drink and feel the fire in my throat. Only firewhisky can do that. I feel more relaxed now. I look into Hermione's eyes. There is that playful smirk again.

"Alright Harry. Truth or Dare?"




What do you think? Any and all thoughts welcome. Should I continue? Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story