Categories > Original > Romance

And I Swear This Time I Mean It

by xkristinaxrawrx

Kristina-Marie is caught up with not one but two men. She loves one, but is engaged to the other... who will she choose?

Category: Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2010-02-22 - Updated: 2010-02-22 - 1838 words

?Blocked
I rolled over and kissed him on the cheek softly. He smiled and opened his eyes; this was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The sun peeked through the curtains of his large bedroom, bringing it to life. The walls were covered with pictures of friends, family and there was on of me, hanging on the wall at the foot of his bed. I yawned slightly and snuggled into his chest, my fingers playing with the curly little hairs.

“Good morning beautiful.” He whispered softly in my ear. I smiled and ran my fingers threw his brownish-blond hair. “Last night was amazing.” He added, kissing my lips tenderly. I grinned over at him and nodded.

“It was perfect.” I said softly. He nodded and ran his hand over my back. I closed my eyes and took in his scent, the scent that put me in a trance. He sighed loudly, I ignored it thinking it was one of his morning sounds but then he did it again. I opened one eye and peeked up at him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked curiously. He shook his head and rubbed his face with his hand. “You have never been a good liar.” I teased, kissing his neck. He sighed loudly one more time before sitting up.

“I love you so much.” He explained softly. I smiled and nodded.

“I love you too.” I ran my nails down his back softly. He shivered but pulled away.

“I love you to much to share you.” He mumbled. I looked at the bedspread and picked at a loose thread. “I can’t just leave either, I’m far too deep in this relationship to give up now but I can’t be the other man anymore; you have to choose Kristina.” He said bitterly.

“Listen, Louie I know you hate having to ‘share’ me but it’s not like I care about him-,” He cut me off with a glaring look.

“Then why do you stay with him!?” He shouted softly in frustration. I shook my head. “Kristina, I can’t wait forever.” He sighed. “I need to know that there is a future between us… and just us… not Shaun, you and myself.” He explained.

“I know and I just need to find a reason to end the engagement and I’m all yours!” I said, sitting up in bed next to him. I grabbed his hand but he pulled it away softly.

“Engagement?” He questioned. I nodded and pushed the bangs out of my eyes. “When did this happen?” He asked sounding hurt and confused.

“About a month ago, right after he took gold at the Olympics.” I explained to him. He shook his head and sighed again. “Louie I love you more then him-,” He held his hand up and shook his head.

“Prove it to me then. If you didn’t care about Shaun you should have said no and told him the truth about how you feel.” He said calmly. I hated when he was calm. I would rather have him scream at me and yell at me … something about his tone when he was calm was a little condescending, like he understands what I’m going through and knows exactly how I’m feeling. “It’s not that hard to break up with someone, Kristina-Marie.” I cringed as he said my full ‘Christian’ name. My complete name was Kristina-Marie Lauren Hall. I went as Kristina all my life though, so when he called me Kristina-Marie, I knew he meant business.

“It’s not easy when you have been with them for three years.” I mumbled, still picking at the loose thread on the bedspread. Louie stood up and wrapped a sheet around his waist.

“If I was Shaun, I would want you to come out and tell me that you didn’t care anymore. Stop wasting his time. Stop wasting my time!” He shouted.

“So that’s what I’m doing? Wasting your time?” I asked angrily. “I’m with you more then I’m with Shaun and you stand here and say I’m wasting your time?” He nodded and ran his hands through his hair in annoyance.

“It doesn’t mean anything if I can’t tell people about it. I wanna tell the world that I’m in love with the most amazing woman I have ever met, but I can’t because you’re engaged to Shaun White.” He spat. I shook my head, biting the inside of my lower lip.

“If I’m wasting your time then why are you still putting up with me?” I asked after a few minutes of neither one of us talking. He didn’t say anything. “Why, Louie?” I asked again.

“Because, I love you! Because I love you more then I ever loved Chelsie! More then I love snowboarding!” He screamed in anguish. “You might as well wrap me around your fuckin’ pinky finger, Kristina because that’s where I am! I am wrapped around your finger tight! I would give you the world if I could!” He added in the same pained tone. “And you don't even have the decency to be with me.” He added.

“I’m working on it.” Was all I could say. Louie shook his head and stormed out of the room, slamming the door on his way out. I sighed and stood up, getting dressed slowly. I heard the water turn on for his shower. It would be shitty of me to leave without saying goodbye, but if I went and said goodbye to him, I’m pretty sure it would be our last.

~~

“It’s simple… just say it.” I said to myself, pacing the room Shaun and I shared. “Shaun, I don't want to be with you.” I said simply. I shook my head. “No that’s to dry.” I mumbled. “Shaun, I can’t do this anymore.” I said nervously. I shook my head again. The door downstairs opened. The footsteps on the stairs made my stomach knot. He opened the door and flashed his pearly whites.

“There’s my girl!” He exclaimed. I fake smiled. “Where did you run off to last night? I missed you.” He said, walking over to me. His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me close to him.

“I went out with the girls and I had way too many Lemon Drops.” I lied. He smiled and kissed me softly on the lips. I tried to enjoy it but I felt sick.

“My little alcoholic.” He teased playfully. He walked to the closet and opened the doors, stepping inside.

“My little alcoholic…” I mocked quietly. I watched him dig around for something to put on… let me guess: a pair of skin tight skinny jeans, a graphic tee and a hoodie? I chuckled to myself when he came out in a pair of ball clutching, cutting off the circulation in your legs, white, denim skinny jeans, a purple ACDC shirt and a black hoodie.

“Come on, get dressed.” He said, eying my sweatpants and tank top. I raised an eyebrow. “That party Scott Lago is throwing.” He explained. I frowned and gave him the puppy dog look. “What?” He asked annoyed.

I wanted to say; “My lover is going to be there and he can’t stand the sight of us together, he hates your fuckin’ guts and wants to stab you with a steak knife!” But I went with; “I have lady cramps.” I lied. He frowned and wrinkled his nose.

“Come on! Take some Advil and let’s go. It’s gonna be great.” He smiled. “You’re best friend Louie is going to be there.” He added, pulling me into the closet.

Shaun and I started dating three years ago when I turned eighteen. I had a pretty shitty home life so he was my knight in shining armor I guess you could say. He brought me to L.A, took care of me and showed me what love was. I started hanging out with all his snowboarding friends when he started bringing me on tours and to events. That’s how I met Louie.

Louie and I hit it off from the start. He made me laugh, and smile without even trying. He was an inch shorter then me and was the butt of many sarcastic jokes of mine. He took it like a man and always came back with a witty little quip about my bra size or the size of my feet (they are a ten by the way).

During an event in Japan, I stayed in L.A to watch Shaun’s dog because he was sick and couldn’t stay at a kennel. Thing’s were going great with us until he came home with a hickey-I mean a bruise on his neck. He thinks I’m going to believe that he fell and hit his neck… Do I look that stupid?

Things just went downhill after that. I started drinking a little more, started smoking more pot and one night Louie was just there. Amidst the pot smoke and beer goggles, Louie appeared and swept me off my feet. Since that night, I couldn’t stay away. Shaun had no idea what was going on between Louie and I, he just thought we were really close. We texted all the time and hung out, had lunch before we slept together, why stop and make things look suspicious.

Little did I know that Louie had fallen head over heels in love with me. He broke up with his girlfriend of two years, Chelsie Hightower-his Dancing with the Stars partner. After a few months of sneaking around it became more then just sleeping with each other. I looked forward to the end of events and tours because I knew Louie would be coming home, I couldn’t care less what Shaun was doing…

“Shaun! I don’t wanna go!” I shouted softly. Shaun shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest; he looked at me like I was a monkey.

“Don't look at me like that!” I hissed. He shook his head again and threw a pair of jeans at me. I reluctantly pulled them on and grabbed a t-shirt, pulling that over my tank top. I grabbed my white and black Nike high tops and slipped them on before Shaun pulled me out the door.

“Your attitude better change because I’m not going to sit around with a bitch all night.” He growled as we pulled out of the driveway. I glared at him and put my sunglasses on.

“Maybe if you weren’t so pushy about things I would be more excited to do them, but you’re so demanding.” I spat back. He didn’t say anything. I smiled in defeat and looked out the window.

Tonight would be a night of drinking and drama… two things I love most.
Sign up to rate and review this story