Categories > Original > Romance

Smother Me

by xkristinaxrawrx

A rundown inn... a cute guy... a broken girl... She's everything he ever wanted... He's everything she needs.

Category: Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2010-02-24 - Updated: 2010-02-25 - 1534 words

?Blocked
“I’m tired of being hurt, David!” I shouted through the bathroom door. “I’m tired of being the one who is always forgotten!” I added, feeling tears starting to well in my eyes. I winced as David pounded on the door with his fist once more before jiggling the handle violently.

“Kristina, I swear to God if you don't open this door now, I’ll break it down and beat the shit out of you!” He warned. I stood up and unlocked the door swiftly, before going back to the corner I had been sitting in. The door flew open, and there stood David, with Jack Daniels eyes glazed over. I cowered in fear as he walked towards me.

“David, please…” I pleaded. He smiled evilly and grabbed my shirt, pulling me up on my feet. “David…” I whimpered as he pulled my face towards his.

“You talk shit, yet you can’t back it up, you little bitch.” He spat. I closed my eyes. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. “You tellin’ people you gonna leave me, but here you are.” He slurred. I shook my head and felt tears start to roll down my cheeks. “Why are you cryin’?” He asked softly, his face only inches away from mine.

“David, please don’t do this…” I sobbed softly. He shook his head and ran his hand down my cheek lovingly, before pulling his hand back and bringing it down swiftly on my cheek.

I’ve never felt such pain before… the whole left side of my face stung as he let go of my shirt, causing me to lose my balance and fall against the bathtub. I heard my rib snap against the hard tub and I let out a soft groan. The next thing I felt was David’s size thirteen shoe against my stomach. I coughed as all the air escaped my lungs.

“I want you out by the time I come home and if you’re not, I’ll kill you.” He said calmly, before spitting on me. I winced in pain as he kicked me one last time. I sobbed loudly as he left, shutting the door behind him.

“Fuck!” I cried out after twenty minutes of lying on the floor. I looked around and sat up so I could get my hands on something. I grabbed the edge of the sink and pulled myself upwards. I couldn’t breathe in fully because of the rib and my face stung. I stood up and held my side tenderly, babying the right side of my body.

I made it into the bedroom that David and I shared and grabbed the duffle bag out of the closet. I slowly put all my clothes in the duffle bag, making sure everything was neat and folded. I grabbed my make up and tossed it in a plastic bag, along with all my hair products. I tossed them in the duffle bag too.

I gabbed my shoes and threw them in there as well, not really caring anymore. The last thing I got was the wad of cash I had been stashing in the pocket of an old jacket I didn’t wear anymore. I had a good three thousand dollars saved up. I smiled proudly at my savings and put it in my purse.

“Come on, Littlefoot.” I said, picking up the tiny French bulldog puppy. He licked and nipped at my hand playfully. I smiled and put him on a leash, grabbed the duffle bag and my purse and headed outside.

It was chilly out, with November right around the corner; the wind stung my eyes and cheeks softly. I adjusted the strap on the duffle bag and wrapped my jacket around me tighter. I set Littlefoot down, his nails clicking on the pavement as he walked beside me. Occasionally he would look up at me and run ahead a bit then stop, look back at me and come back to my side.

I passed by a few run down motels that had no vacancies before I finally found one with its vacancies light on. I went inside and looked around, it was cleaner then the others, but not much bigger and it was kind of dim… But it was downtown Philadelphia… what do you expect. I picked up Littlefoot and walked to the front desk. A young guy, not much older then myself was sitting listening to his iPod and texting.

I hit the little bell on the desk, he looked over my way and pulled one of the ear buds out of his ears and stood up. He opened a sign in book and passed it to me.

“Welcome to Grosetti’s Inn, we have four open rooms, one king size bed, one queen and two doubles. The room’s come with cable and color TV’s, hot water and free internet. Do you have a preference?” He asked in a bored tone. I shook my head and signed my name.

Kristina-Marie Horton

I passed the book back to him. He looked down and smiled.

“Cute name.” He said shutting the book. I smiled and looked around again. “I’m sorry but we don't allow pets.” He added softly. I looked down at Littlefoot and frowned.

“He’s trained, and he doesn’t bark…” I explained sadly. “I had a rough night… I really just need a break…” I pleaded. The guy looked at me with soft eyes and nodded. His eyes slowly drifted towards my cheek, which I’m sure was red and starting to bruise.

“I’m Austin, my parents own this shit hole.” He said, handing me a key. “Room 104.” He added. I smiled and looked at him for a minute. He had the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen on a guy. They were light blue but still sparkled with intensity. I had to tear my gaze away, he chuckled a bit and closed the window to the front desk. “I’ll show you to your room.” He said, holding his hand out for my bag.

I smiled and handed him my duffle bag. He smiled and put the strap over his shoulder.

“Whoa, what the hell do you have in here? Bricks?” He teased. I smiled and bit my lip.

“All my clothes and shoes…” I explained softly, looking at the floor.

“How long do you plan on staying?” He asked as we reached the stairs. I sighed and held my side as we started the long trek up the stairs. I winced with each step up.

“I… I don’t know how long I’m going to be here, I guess until my sister can come pick me up.” I explained, trying to hide the pain in my voice. He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow.

“You alright?” He asked as I reached the top step. I nodded and inhaled short little breaths. “You sure? You don’t look so hot- I mean, you look hot but you don't look good…I mean you look goo-,” I cut him off with a wave of my hand and smiled.

“I think I know what you mean.” I teased, following him down the long hallway. We reached 104 and I unlocked the door. The room looked nothing like the rest of the Inn, it was well lit and had a light green paint on the walls that gave the room an Irish Spring feeling. I was comfortable here, and I felt safe.

“Well here it is… the nicest room in the Inn for the nicest looking customer this shit hole has ever had.” He said with a grin. I blushed and set Littlefoot down. He ran to the window and sat down, looking out over the city.

“Thanks.” I said as he put my duffle bag on the bed. “Where can I get something to eat?” I asked, my stomach growling hungrily. He smiled and pointed to the window.

“The closest thing around is a Burger King, but I wouldn’t eat there if you paid me.” He said, sticking out his tongue. I chuckled then winced. “There is a pretty good Salad Bar down the street though. They make awesome sandwiches and salads to go so you could bring it back here.” He explained. I smiled and nodded.

“Thanks, you’ve bee a huge help.” I said honestly.

“If you need anything, I’m right downstairs.” He said, backing away towards the door. I smiled again and waved a little as he left. I walked into the bathroom and looked at my cheek. It had started to bruise a little around my eye but it wasn’t too bad. I lifted up my shirt and gasped a little. The whole right side of my torso was black and blue.

“Damn it.” I hissed. I walked into the bedroom and sat down, Littlefoot ran over and jumped on the bed, licking my hand. “He was cute huh?” I asked, looking at the door. Littlefoot just growled. “Hey, you’ll always be my number one.” I teased, picking him up.

This was the start of everything I had ever wanted.
Sign up to rate and review this story