Categories > Anime/Manga > Mirage of Blaze

The contract, is it worth the price?

by erah_haruna205

Total AU, a oneshot dedicated to a friend of mine. when the retainer is actually a demon bounded by contract.

Category: Mirage of Blaze - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-03-07 - Updated: 2010-03-07 - 2335 words - Complete

?Blocked
A oneshot dedicated to a friend of mine.



The red moon shined above in the dark skies.

“you’re such a slut. Sucking me in so tightly.”

The sound of the sea breeze seemed haunting.

“hey, its my turn next.”

The sea breeze felt warm to the touch.

"shut up. I haven’t had my fun.”

The feel of rough sand beneath him…

“its alright boys. We have all night.”

The feel of blood trickled down his thighs.

“Saburo Hojo, don’t look at us like that.”

Ujiteru-ani….

“Yeah, you could only blame your brother for this.”

Help me Ani-ue….

"now, now. Don’t even think of suicide by biting your tongue.”

“shit, he’s good with his mouth. If you use your teeth, I’ll kill you.”

I only followed father’s orders… why… why am I here? Like this?

“Hojo Saburo, what a whore. I bet even your mother is a whore herself. Having such beauty, such skills. Nobody would believe that a mere 14 year old was a virgin. Did you pleased your previous masters like this? did you went into bed with Takeda-kou as well?”

What… are they…saying? I was only sent here…as hostage… just like how father instructed me. It was for a truce between the two clans.

"that was satisfying. We should go now.”

“what about this brat?”

“just leave him here. I’m sure he will never breathe a word of this to anyone. I know the Hojos rather eat needles than admitting defeat. Or expose such a shameful event.”

I don’t… understand…. Please…God….help me…

“From how his body reacted, he did enjoyed our cocks.”

I don’t care anymore! God or Satan. Anyone can do!

“He’s 7th child of the Hojo. I think even that fact is false. He always bring bad luck and kept being sent as hostage to one clan to another.”

Help me!

"Maybe the feudal lords are exchanging this whore as a gift.”

“hahaha!”

I hate them! Everynight! Violated like this….the pain…the agony….God! why didn’t you answer my prayers?! I hate you! If it weren’t for this weak and small body, I would have murder each of these mongrels one by one… I don’t care anymore!

God or Satan! Anyone!

Help me!

“Well then, how about entering a contract with me?”

What?

Weak, I could hardly move a muscle. Much less sitting up.

From my lying position, I turned my head to the right….and saw a big wolf. This creature crawl out of the bushes. Like a ghostly figure. Yet its raven fur looked so pretty. Even its eyes shined under the moonlight.

“With the contract, I will grant you any wish. Off course, there is ONE condition that you must abide to.”

Who…what…are you?

“I am a Demon Dog.”

Demon Dog? i looked around myself. There's no one beside me and this unearthly being.

The rapists already left the site.

"I will help you, in exchange for one thing."

"w-what do you want? money?"

"I have no need for human money. what i want is your soul to be my possession forever."

"you'll eat me?"

" Eat is such a vulgar word. i'd rather call it as something like 'possession'. i'll help you, in return i want your soul to be mine forever."

"f-fine! you can have whatever you want. kill those bastards!"

"may i know the name of my new master?"

"S-Saburo...Hojo."

"your name... your body...your soul. all mine."

to Saburo's surprise, the wolf changes into a man.

"for this contract to be valid, feed me, my master."

"are you hungry? w-what do you eat? is rice okay?"

The man smiles, "just a sip is okay." and he knelt before the child, presenting his hand.

Saburo confusely place his own palm on the outstetch hand.

"it'll hurt a bit." the man warned before sinking his canines into the small wrist.

Saburo yelped in pain but surprising it doesnt hurt that bad. after all, he had gone through worst. This kind of pain is nothing compared to rape.

After one gulp of blood, the demon man smiled and held his master close in his embrace.

"Your blood...is sweeter than any poison created. now drink mine."

"dri--drink?"

"yes, for the contract to be complete, we need to exchange blood."

and to emphasize this, the demon bit his own wrist before presenting it near to the boy's chapped lips.

Saburo felt weird.

he should be frightened.

but he doesnt care if this is part of his illusions or an odd nightmare. he closed his eyes and lick the wound.

"yes. you belong to me now. i'll kill whoever hurt you or take you away from me. now we're one."

**

and so the next day the Takeda troops were horrified to find slaughtered bodies of 4-5 men near the mansion. the mystery was that nobody heard a sound the night before.

Saburo, the hostage, looked strange.

He often stayed alone and didn't speak to anyone.

When he did spoke, there was nobody there. People were afraid of this enigmatic child.

Soon, the same child was sent by Takeda Shingen to Uesugi camp, as a truce.

Naturally Saburo's "demon dog" followed him to the Uesugi camp.

He wasnt too happy to see his new master attached to his new father.

One night,

"you've been quiet lately. what's the matter?" Saburo asked the black figure outside his room.

no, this child, now a teenager, is called Kagetora-sama.

"Its nothing."

how can he confessed to his master that he felt jealous of Kenshin?

"you are displeased at something."

"i said it is nothing of your concern."

"Kagetora-sama? who are you talking to over there?"

Both the master and his demon servant gasped.

"oh...you." Kagetora cautiously move to stand between the retainer and his demon servant. Eventhough he knew the retainer isn't able to see the unearthly figure.

"the wind is chilly at night, Kagetora-dono. Please come inside."

"thats alright Nobutsuna. I'll retire to my room soon."

However the obstinate retainer won't listen and insisted, "its not safe for our master to be out at a time like this."

Saburo actually dislike this man. Not only is he egoistical, he's also a pervert old man that has been eying him ever since he was sent here from the Takeda carriage.

"release me. how dare you touch your superior rudely!"

"what superior? anyone knows that you're still the son of our enemy. even if Kenshin-kou adopted you."

Saburo slapped him on the face.

The demon behind him growled in anger.

Nobutsuna grinned, "ive heard about the rumors. Few years ago there were corpses and severed limbs outside the mansion. It is said that some mad man did such a horrible thing. One said those pitiful men were robbers, others said that they were men who wish to share a bed with you. now i wonder, why you of all people is included in that rumor?"

"w-what are you trying to imply?"

"i've heard a lot of rumors, but this one seemed to be the most convincing. a handful of men died. because of you."

"nonsense!" Saburo shivered in fright, he doesn't want to remember any of those horrible memories.

"its possible that you hired some assasins to do the job after you're bored playing with those pitiful men."

"shut up!" Saburo covered his ears, he doesn't want to hear anymore.

"which picked my interest. Is your body really resembles that of a Goddess?"

The demon finally lost his patience and attacked Nobutsuna.

Saburo was stunned to see his nameless demon devoured the foolish retainer.

The teenager could only cover his ears, cringed at the sound of broken bones and ripped flesh.

Soon, he felt a hand touched his head.

Saburo looked up, he almost scream to see Nobutsuna!

"hush... calm down milord. It's me. your demon dog."

it's kinda strange to hear that demon voice from the retainer's mouth.

"this man deserve no pity from me. he defiled my lord's pride. fortunately his appearance resembled my human form. and so i can mould my image of his figure."

"That way nobody will realize that Nobutsuna is dead" Saburo continued.

"yes. and this way i can guard you without changing my form or raise any suspicioun from the foolish humans fufufufu..."

It felt so surreal. his retainer is now a demon wearing a human's skin.

"But there's one problem. i think i heard that Nobutsuna has a wife."

'Nobutsuna' smiled, "would you like me to eat her as well?"

"No! don't kill her!

"very well...female blood is too sweet. i prefer the blood of male youths."

Saburo came near to "Nobutsuna" and touched his arm, "i can finally touch you. usually you have limited time when changing into a human form. and when you're in your demon dog form, you're too big."

"I can find another vessel to possess if you hated this one."

"no, its alright. For decades, each Uesugi master has their most trusted retainer by their side, the Naoe clan. My step-father had Naoe Sanetsuna. My step-brother has Naoe Kanetsugu. and you, from now on, you are my Naoe."

The demon felt warmth in his heart, he was surprised that he even has a heart, "is that... my name?"

"yes, lately it's kinda difficult to call you when you said you don't have a name."

"I have lived so long that i forgot my real name. But when i entered a contract with a new master, my new master must name me. A name is important. the name that you bestowed upon me will act as a spell to bind me or to command me, my lord."

"from now on you are Naoe Nobutsuna."

"yes, my lord."



***

"Kagetora-sama! Kagetora-sama!"

"N-Naoe?" what was that just now? a dream? yes, it was the time when i first met my demon...

"where...am I?" my voice...why does it sound so painfuly wrong?

"Kagetora-sama, please get a hold of yourself! Oda and his men have launched its attack on us!"

I was about to touch Naoe, no, Kazahara's face when i realize my hand.

Smooth as silk.

White as a pearl.

a WOMAN's hand.

A hand that i know only belong to one person.

"wh-what?"

Kazahara looked so pained. Its not often i witness my demon dog in such a state.

Anger... hot bubbling anger...rises in me...

"Na...oe...what....have...you done...?"

"Please understand....please understand my lord! Your soul without a vessel is very dangerous! There was no one, there was no vessel i could use other than...."

"What...have you done... to Minako...."

i felt something.

There's something warm in my belly.

"oh...my God...."

"K-Kage----"

"Don't touch me!!"

with all my heart i slapped his face.

This... this demon....to my...Minako....

"How...how could you?? to Minako! she was just an innocent woman!!"

I saw my beloved retainer who was so protective and proud, now all forlorn and lifeless.

"for the past decades... you are mine. Mine alone... i can't forgive...a mere woman...will stole you away from me..."

I wanted to scream at him again....but the warm tears wetting my cheeks distracted me.

"you...hurt Minako....and she was....having your child...and just now...you killed her so that i can have her body as my....vessel..."

"Kagetora-sama..."

"it was...all my fault...."

"Kagetora-sama?"

"if only.... if only i didn't call out for help... that night...."

"what are you saying? please my lord, we need to evacuate from this place!"

I can't hear anything anymore, i didn't even realize the flames surrounding us.

I saw the dagger strapped at Naoe's hips.

"No!"

The dagger felt cool to my neck.

"please, Kagetora-sama! No!"

"It was my fault....i should have just died in the forest that time. I should have just accept reality that i'm something that was not meant to be born in this world. My father sent me as a hostage many times, my brothers labelled me as useless. I was just an object to be played with."

"no! what are you talking about?! please, Kagetora-sama, give me that dagger."

"it was a mistake that i made a contract with you."

Naoe lost his voice.

"with the contract, i can live past hundreds of years. but at the same time i wasn't grantedany rights to love. because you will kill any woman or man that i fell in love."

"my...lord..."

"it's enough Naoe. i'm tired. I don't want to see another woman dying because of me. i don't want you to kill anymore. It's enough! i'm sick of this! with this blade, let me die right now!!"

"NOOO!!"

Naoe, mindless of the fire connering them, crawled to the body.

He doesn't understand.

Didn't they make a contract?

Why was Saburo was in torment? with that contract, Saburo could never have anyone other than Naoe. naturally if any man or woman were to marry or have a relationship with Kagetora, he'll kill them instantly.

Naoe even went as far as rescuing Saburo's soul into Minako's body. Isn't it convenient that a potential vessel was nearby?

But...

But Saburo committed suicide.

Why did he committed suicide?

Why did....he cried?

Why did Naoe felt such pain in his chest?

"It's useless, Kagetora-sama. No matter how many times.... I can still revive you with a kiss."

Naoe bit his lower lip, a few drops of blood and seal their lips together. Allowing Kagetora's chapped lips to drink in his blood.

"as long as the both of us are bound by contract, i can still revive you."

Slowly, Naoe can feel the heart within the cold body to resume it's weak beat.

Beating slowly, like a newborn baby.

"To re-seal our Contract, we need a kiss."

slowly, warmth returned to the body which was once a corpse.

even the slash wound at the neck was healed.

"because your soul belongs to me. for eternity."

End?
Sign up to rate and review this story